Please fix the random game crashes when zoning, and otherwise.

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Please have someone take a look at how the game handles zoning. Over the last 4-5 weeks now, maybe longer we are all getting dropped out of the game randomly when zoning. It happens in houses, guild halls, overland zones, instances, raid zones .. pretty much everywhere.
    The game is also shutting down randomly with no error messages for a lot of people while doing everyday things in the game such as crafting, questing, harvesting, killing and so on. There is no pattern to this, just *poof* the game shuts down. It does not go to character select of anything.
    Thank you for your time.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Is your LP4 staying open, are you closing it manually, or is it disappearing (prior to the game itself closing)?
    Just filling in blanks so I can test this out and get a good report up for it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Honestly I have not paid much attention to the launchpad, however 95% of the time I do manually close it once I have logged in. I do so by clicking on the X in the top, right corner.
    When the game shuts down ( randomly and when zoning ) I usually have to click on the icon on my desktop to start the launchpad again in order to log back in.

** Edited to add that it's been happening to many people in our guild and that I have talked with quite a few others in the various channels that are having the same issues.
  4. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Today I logged in using the launchpad ( lp4 ) and kept it open while playing.
    The game just now randomly shut down while I was running across an island in Barren Sky. No error messages, no character select screen. The Launchpad CLOSED on it's own when this happened, meaning it was no longer running when the game shut down and dumped me to my desktop.
    Now I am going to log back in and close the launchpad and play like I normally do and I will post an update later on.
  5. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

The game just got stuck at "waiting for zone server" until it logged me out of the game while trying to zone into Forgotten Pools. Guildies in VC let me know it logged my character out, then I had to press Exit in the bottom left to close the game.
    LP4 was closed by me when I logged back in earlier today ( see post above for time ).
  6. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Same thing happened just now zoning into my house. LP4 was open and remained open. I did not have to restart LP4.
  7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

AND ... when I log back in I get into the game for about 3 seconds and it booted me back to character select. Let me try again...
  8. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

... almost as if when the welcome screen pops up it kicked me out.
  9. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Fighting in Sebilis, in the middle of combat and the game shut down with no warning. There was no error message and it did not take me to character select.
    LP4 was closed manually before the game shut down. As stated above I close it down after logging in most of the time.
    I did have to restart it to log back in.
    Is there any information on why this keep happening to folks? One person in my guild got booted five time in a row just trying to log in and then she was booted another three times during playtime last night.
    I will continue to post everytime I get booted and I am sending in /feedback and /bug reports each and every time.
  10. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

... and again the game shut down on it's own. No error messages. No character select screen. Straight to desktop.
  11. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

AND AGAIN!!!!
    This time when zoning into my house.
  12. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I would like to add that every time that I zone the BPS ( yellow number ) on my meter ( F11 ) will spike to around 50,000 - 80,000 for a few moments before settling down to about the 200-500 range.
    This happens every single time that I zone and every single time that I log in. This has been happening for a while and something that I have been watching.
  13. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Game got stuck at "waiting on zone server" ....
    Again ...........
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I have validated the game assets via LP4 and it came up with the following :
    Checking game installation...
    Removing UI/Default/eq2ui_inventory_marketplace.xml
    Removing UI/Default/eq2ui_mainhud_researcher.xml
    Removing manifest.crc
    All files are up to date
    Checking all game files...
    Removing UI/Default/eq2ui_inventory_marketplace.xml
    Removing UI/Default/eq2ui_mainhud_researcher.xml
    Removing manifest.crc
    All files are up to date
  15. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Today is not my day ....
    I just got booted again. This time I was calling back to the guild hall and the game booted me and said invalid username or password. I entered my password in the small popup box and it logged me back in.
  16. ARCHIVED-GalWeirdo Guest

I am having the same issue. It it is so bad today that I can't zone without crashing. I am really getting a bit distressed. When is soe going to address the problem?
  17. ARCHIVED-faten Guest

I have been having the same issues the past couple of days. Boots me to character select; hit play and i am right back in the game with no immunity. I play on nagafen so a pain sometimes. Was thinking it was my video card but if others are having same issue then maybe not. Would like to know something before I go spend 100+ on a card. Thank you
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

The game just shut down randomly while crafting. *POOF* the game closes to the desktop. No error messages, no character select.
    This is my first crash today, though I am sure it is not my last based on the last few days.
  19. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

GalWeirdo wrote:
    Good question.
    I have been posting here each time this happens. I also send in a /feedback and a /bug report each and every time and I will continue to do so until they address these issues.
    The TSR posted in this thread on the 19th but I have not seen anything in the last 6 days. I also have not had any PM's answered that I have sent.
  20. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Game just shut down while zoning.
    No errors, no character select.
    LP4 was open but closed when game shut down. Had to restart LP4 to get back in.