Please consider changing how shinies spawn in instances on TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Then why are you kvetching about it?
    Breanna and Zenji like this.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is not my post, but i agree; why would you allow cheaters to cheat an exploit the fact that instances can be reset ?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Because it's working as designed, using normal abilities? It's not cheating.
    Rhodris, Breanna and Zenji like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is exploiting, i.e using the mechanics to obtain an effect that was not intended. I don t have a problem with people doing it in contested zones. Anyway who cares if someone makes some extra kronos ...
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's not an exploit if the zone functionality allows it. Especially as anybody at all can have a brawler.

What the OP is suggesting is that all instances have this mechanic, rather than only the zones after expac XYZ,
    Rhodris likes this.
  6. Lorilie Member

Yes that is correct. Please change it to how it was and I believe it will make people more happy to get shinies from instances and not see that brawler 1 or brawler 2 already has 50 of them from said instance.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

I farmed shinies using an illusionist in dungeons at level. You follow groups, sneak around, mez stuff, grab your shiny, die, rinse, repeat. Or on a necro, send pet off to keep things occupied, harvest shinies, etc. I parked a brig in Clefts upper floors where I knew shinies spawned and farmed between pathing. Brawlers may have it easier, but dungeon shiny harvesting is doable on several types of toons.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Warlocks have that spell that ports an aggro mob away somewhere. I use it all the time while harvesting on y 110 'lock. I never thought of using that and FD doohickies to farm shinies, but you sure could.
  9. Lorilie Member

Were only talking about instances here, nothing wrong with how it is for open dungeons.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Same answer applies from me. Easy for brawlers, still doable for some other classes.
  11. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I think for the longest time they just allowed this because otherwise nobody would play a brawler :)

Kidding...I love you, brawler bros.
    Zenji likes this.
  12. Lorilie Member

There is no other class that can zone into instances at level, and be able to flop around the zone getting the shinies.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

You're right they are the only one that can FD constantly to get shinies. However other classes can solo farm shinies in instances, be it a little bit slower.
  14. Greene Active Member

Generally the devs do fix stuff quick when it comes to things giving players an advantage, whether it's 'exploit' level or 'creative use of mechanics' level.

On the first TLE, I farmed the hell out of non named level cap mobs in Poets palace, zone out, back in they'd repop. Masters at that level sold for stupid amounts because you can't craft spells at level cap for some reason.

They 'fixed' it by locking the instance down on the first kill, not just first named kill.

I'm sure they'll change things around again if they think it's giving an unintended benefit. (On the other hand, they still havent fixed that Sphinx truth instance farm, so theres that :p)
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

My goodness. I actually agree with Sig...somethingorother on this one. How the hell do you pronounce your name anynhow? Half the time I'm like "siggurgfreeder" or "sigdreefer" but I genuinely don't know. I'm also an idiot, so take that into consideration.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

SEE-yur-dree-fah. Or the short form is Drifa. Perfectly good Old Norse valkyrie name.
    Breanna and Mountbatten like this.
  17. Synistra Active Member

Welp, consider me corrected, I also referred to you as Sig somewhere else on the forums in another post. Sorry dear, I was curious how to pronounce your name though!
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Kinda irrelevant when you can stealth/invis around most zones until t7, at that point solo them on majority of classes. Then the burynai comes out and you can just farm up the mats to get a random slot machine shiny out of the burynai.

Source: did this on fallen gate.

I feel like this was minimal compared to people botting and just farming up shinies and flooding the broker with them OP.

Edit: at least it gave brawlers some form of use on fallen gate :p
    Zenji likes this.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

Still instance should lock on first harvest, flipper can still get all the shinnies they want, move to next instance hub and come back 90 mn later. The other solution would be to have shinnies appearing on first named killed (this would be nasty for flippers).

Anyway it' s rather minor, on FG i farmed with my conjurer Rujark named by using the house function amd i could solo the harpy nest, all silent ciy named, Sinking Sand instances and Shmi citadel and Djinn Palace (but i never really did palace cause to many doors, ... Never tried Cazel since i though i would die very quickly but i could probable have duoed it.
  20. kitleez Member

It doesn't effect anything until TSO imo. There on a brawler you can just cycle through most of the heroic zones, getting the regular and the blue shinies. I made a monk on FG and getting 100+ instance shinies a day in TSO with little effort was not a stretch. There were a few zones that required you to kill to get past a wall, guk zones were one of them, but they changed some to make them alot easier too. In AoB you can just run through the portals now for example, when before they used to be locked until you killed the name. You cannot even begin to compare other classes with the brawler for doing this.
    Kalika likes this.