Please consider changing how shinies spawn in instances on TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Lorilie Member

Please make it so you need to kill a named to have shinies spawn in instances. Right now you can just zone in, get a few shinies if you are a brawler, zone out and do it in the next zone. This discourages grouping and only benefits the brawlers who are going to corner the market on certain shinies. It was never like this when it was first live and they specifically made it so shinies did not spawn until a named was killed so solo brawlers couldn't do this.
  2. Lorilie Member

I am talking from a view on Fallen Gate where the same 1-2 brawlers end up with 10-20 of most instance shinies by doing this.
  3. Medicinal Active Member

How does this discourage grouping? Not everyone is a brawler, surely there are other classes that want the shinies and they would then need to group to get them? 1/12th of the classes not needing to group doesn't seem like a huge number. I'm also going to assume, maybe incorrectly, that people want to do the instances for the gear the mobs drop? Just because one archtype can get shinies without killing things doesn't seem like it would have a massive impact on gameplay. Or even on shiny numbers, except for maybe making things more common and dropping the prices.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How does this impact YOUR game? You can just get the same shinies and vastly undercut him on the broker if you wish. Or roll a toon who has FD natively, pick up some tinkered FD widgets, and do the same thing. /shrug

As it happens, in later expansions, shinies don't appear until you have slain one or more names. On Live in the latest expansion, you kill one name, one shiny becomes available; kill the next name, get another shiny. Etc.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Lorilie Member

I remember in TSO when it launched you had to kill a named before anything would spawn. I think it is pretty discouraging to see mass amounts of the shinys from brawlers who are doing something that was never really intended, but yeah I do agree you could just do it yourself and undercut if you cared about it. I will say though if you ever win a rare shiny to sell (almost never happens) then go to the broker and see some guy has 40 of them you do get disappointed.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

If a Brawler using (as intended) the abilities they were given to farm and sell shinies ruins your gameplay experience. I got one thing to say to you.

"Suck it up buttercup."
    Synistra and Breanna like this.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Breanna and Zenji like this.
  8. kitleez Member

It is really easy to just make a brawler and do it. I disagree that it was intended, I had a bruiser on live KoS-TSO and I remember not being able to get shinies in zones without nameds dieing. But if it's the same way it is on Fallen Gate its definitely worth it to make one for TSO. Shiny farming those instances are easy to get and were a good source of plat.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you don't think training and FD'n around zones to get stuff like shinies was intended, you haven't been paying attention to the EQ franchise for the last 20 years.
  10. kitleez Member

I was referring to instances. I thought when I said the shinies didn't spawn until a named was killed it was clear what I was talking about. I personally don't care either way, but the way it was originally was you had to kill a named to trigger shinys to spawn in instances.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

I don t care about shinnies and i never did ....

But thsoe cheater are using the fact that you don t get any timer on a zone picking shinnies, so they zone collect X shinnies and reset ...

So instead of requiring to kill a named i would simply lock the instance on shiny picking.

BTW: given the recast on the FD tinkered iterm you cannot emulate a brawler whose recast is likely to be 100time less.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

How is it cheating? It is not an exploit, it is not against the ToS. I hate to break it to you, but just because you don't like how something works, doesn't make it cheating.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is very clearly an exploit, it s different from shiny picking in contested zones or without reseting which is normal use of the mechanics.

Note that my suggestion is super brawler friendly since i don' t require a named to be killed...
  14. Julesholland Active Member

Personally I do not have a issue with hiding shiny behind at least one kill, I do think it is a simple mechanic that prevents excessive shiny farming. However I do have a issue with making a shiny no trade... now that sucks imo and yes I do blue (etc) ones not just the end boss ones on live.
  15. Malvolio Member

If the OP is correct at one time you had to kill a named Mob to get shinies in a zone and at some point it changed. When did it change? And why was the change made? These 2 questions seem integral to forming an opinion.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Instance shinies started being locked behind killing a mob in DoV I think? Somewhere around there anyway.

Imo all instance shinies should require killing 1 named mob in a zone. Brawlers still have the easy shiny potential for any open/contested zones.

It's never been an exploit to do it either, but it's a gameplay mechanic that shouldn't be possible.
  17. Malvolio Member

Ah I had it backwards it was from No Limits to the One Named kill limit. Was this retroactive after DoV on live? or did it only apply to DoV zones and beyond?

If it was not retroactive it may be a case of the effort needed to change all Instances that were not programmed that way.
  18. kitleez Member

I remember TSO having the kill a named to get shinies, but it was a long time ago. The way it currently is now, a few brawlers can supply the whole server with shinies from instances. I used my monk on Fallen Gate to do it and certain zones like Anchor of Bazuul I could get all the shinies including the blues in 5-6 minutes.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's quite hypocritical to see the same people complaining about no tax broker crates, are okay with farming instances with no lockout. Obviously they are fine with having an advantage, as long as it's theirs. It reminds me of people that are against mercs, but they multi box.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Farming shinies in an instance with a brawler is not quite the same things as arguing against p2w schemes like the no tax broker box that you can only have form ordering a Collectors Edition of an expac that is no longer for sale.
    Carynn likes this.