Player Studio Houses Coming! Big Decorating Sale Too!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrane Well-Known Member

I think I understand about how the items in the house will work.. Like the dungeons.

If you make a dungeon, go there and click a moveable item, you can send it to the 'crate'. The count in the dungeon just dropped by 1. Yet the item is still available in the list, to use in the dungeon again.

Just cant remove anything from the dungeon that you didn't place there.
    Eden_Evergreen likes this.
  2. Terrogaunt Developer

Sort of. Virtual house items are similar in that they cannot be picked up, but they also cannot be sent to the moving crate. Instead, we've added a new tab onto the main housing window: Items. From here, you can see all of the items in your house and move them, retrieve them if they're normal, and hide or unhide them if they're virtual.
  3. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So the items will be virtual, and bound to the house - and the location they were originally placed? In that case, will player-made books or signs maintain whatever was on them when the house was bundled, or would they be blank upon purchase, and either way would they be editable by the new owner? (Probably not books, but signs/magic mouths...)

Basically, I can easily see someone including in a decorated house a player-made book saying "If you'd like holiday-decorated layouts for this house, please (contact soandso on the forums/contact soandso on suchandsuch server/download from suchandsuch site)," or other advertisements for additional services.
  4. Terrogaunt Developer

I believe text inside of a book is actually serialized data that we store on the particular database record of the item. Assuming that's the case, it should definitely transfer with the item. Feel free to test that out in Beta ;)
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Will definitely do that! What about moving crates? Would items in the crate not be part of the house, or be included and hidden? Also looking at the house with changeable holiday themes idea here - if holiday decorations are in the moving crate, the buyer would only need the various holiday layouts to quick-change their house for each season.
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

The moving crate is going to impact the house item limit in the same way that it always has. Virtual and hidden items won't be able to go into them, so I didn't really need to change anything about them.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

So, when you list a house, is it a one-of (like buying a house IRL), or is it like a Player Studio cloak, where lots of people can buy one?
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

What I acutally meant was the moving crate the seller may have when he or she bundles the house for sale. Would items in the moving crate be part of the bundle, or are only items placed and displayed part of the sale?
  9. Nicolos Active Member

I sure would love to see the limit on owned houses raised ( or disappear all together). I'm at a point where I can't buy more houses from you or other players.
    Karrane, Katey and Afista like this.
  10. Katey Member

I'm the same way, I would like to buy more but am getting to the point where I can't due to the limit.
  11. Katey Member

Will our houses be able to be listed on the leaderboards if they buy them from the station store? I would hate to see designer credit given for all my hard work.

Also, is there an option to be paid in station cash on my account if I would rather have that over money?
  12. Rolaryn Active Member

I was wondering that also..

So the house/island ive been working so hard on...I can sell it, island and all complete, when this happens?
  13. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Just had a thought - any housing limit expansions done on the house will be included in the sale, right?
  14. Eden_Evergreen New Member

Going through the PlayerStudio program, the only payment option is checks. No store credit.
    (You're not the first to wonder. ;) )

15. Eden_Evergreen New Member

I'm curious about these details, also. :)

If I recall correctly, at SOE Live they said there would be a way for prospective customers to tour the pre-decorated PlayerStudio houses in a manner similar to empty houses.

I don't think players who offer PlayerStudio decorated houses (since players are not designing the houses, only decorating them) are really any different from other decorators.

Just have to be at least 18 years of age, willing to submit W-9's, and understand that payment will be by check and not platinum or SC.

If the house is not sufficiently well-decorated to please the customer(s), it won't sell. The End.
  16. Eden_Evergreen New Member

To participate, one would have to be an in-game decorator. Unlike other PlayerStudio stuff, this appears to be something we create entirely in-game.

For whatever it's worth, I have every intention of continuing to decorate for plat and fun. I just may sell a house... or mayyyybe two... on the side along with the ones I do for my own characters and for others. :)
  17. Oldtimer Active Member

Are European players going to be able to use this feature?
    Feara and gage like this.
  18. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

Will all houses in game be "sellable" in this way? In other words houses like the LON houses? Houses that normally charge rent? Prestige? SOE live house? Vetrans reward houses? Freeblood estate?
  19. flameweaver Well-Known Member

So this yet another USA only player programme. When are you going to remember you have a player community outside of the USA ? :mad:
  20. Katey Member

W-9 means Self Employment taxes and that gets very expensive and messy! Of course if your spending 5 days working on a house and only get 5 bucks per house sold ( that was a guess not an actual amount since we have no details yet) I guess it wouldn't add up fast enough to reach the amount where you would have to pay taxes on the money. I would be all over this if there was a way to get plat instead of real money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.