Player Strikethrough can now go over 50%?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Silzin, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Davngr Well-Known Member

it makes sense to me that that all those factors would play a role in hit rates since hitrates are so enigmatic by nature. it's impossible to use any formula to figure out hitrates on any mob unlike the actual hit formula that can be dissected to almost single digits +/-.

this is a video game formula and as you can see many different modifiers are directly responsible for the outcome. this is somewhat, what the hitrate formula along with other contested rolls in game would look like or maybe even more complex and of course ever changing with new expansions/abilities/values and so forth.

[IMG]
  2. KickyaUK New Member

ah it is so clear to me now your hit rate is nothing to do with accuracy or strikethrough.

your Hit rate is based on how many pokemon you have hence the motto ...

... Gota catch em all.:rolleyes:
  3. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

As I have always understood it, your actual hit rates are based on the following factors:

Relative level - your level compared with the target. You hit less often against higher-level targets, and more often against lower-level targets. There are significant differences at levels that correspond in changes in con color.

NPC tier - Your hit rate will be reduced against heroic-tier MOBs, and even further reduced against epic-tier MOBs.

Contested Avoidance - Your weapon skill compared against your target's avoidance skill(s). This involves several rolls against different skills in a specific order, so some forms of avoidance will appear to be more useful because they get checked first.

Uncontested Avoidance - This includes Block (for shield users) and Minimum Block Chance (for brawlers), as well as Extra Dodge Chance, Extra Parry Chance, and Extra Riposte Chance from items or abilities.

There is no way to compensate for the level and tier-based factors, so you will always have lower hit rates against higher-level MOBs and heroic or epic MOBs, regardless of your stats.

You can increase your hit rates against contested avoidance checks by raising your weapon skills. The effectiveness is capped at 100 points higher than your target's defensive skills. So if you are fighting a MOB with a Defense skill of 600, you can benefit from up to 700 points of weapon skills (any points above that will improve your minimum damage, but not your hit rate). Keep in mind that MOBs have hidden buff packages that will increase their skills above the standard for their level. This is especially true for epic MOBs, which usually have such outrageously high weapons skills as to make contested avoidance useless against their attacks.

Each individual contested avoidance check is hard capped at 80%.

Uncontested avoidance is not affected by weapon or defensive skills, it is a set percentage chance to avoid an attack. The most common form of uncontested avoidance is Block. For shield-users, block is a single uncontested check, derived from the protection value of the equipped shield (note that protection value, like mitigation, is dependent on the level of the item, as well). For brawlers, Block is an additional contested avoidance check using their Deflection skill, with a minimum value that is derived primarily from their stance. The Block Chance modifier increases your base Block chance directly, so if you have a +50% block chance modifier, with a base block chance of 20%, you will end up with a 30% final block chance.

Block is hard capped at 70%.

There are three other possible uncontested avoidance checks: Extra Dodge Chance, Extra Parry Chance, and Extra Riposte Chance. There is no hard cap for these extra uncontested avoidance checks, though you will never see significant amounts of them outside of short-duration temporary buffs.

Strikethrough is discreet check that only occurs when an attack has been Blocked, Parried, or Riposted (so it does not affect misses or Dodges). It is a percentage chance to ignore the successful avoidance check, and hit the target anyway. Essentially, it acts as an uncontested chance to avoid being avoided by the target's uncontested avoidance. Yes, that is a needlessly complicated as it sounds.

I am not entirely clear on the exact mechanics of Accuracy. It either acts like Strikethrough for Dodges/misses, or it is a percentage increase to your base hit chance. If it is the latter, I assume it calculates your hit chance (accounting for all the normal factors, Level, tier, contested avoidance, etc.) and then increases that number by your accuracy value. So if you had a final hit chance of 60%, and you have 50% accuracy, you'd have a modified hit chance of 90%. Obviously, this would only be effective against contested avoidance checks. It is possible, however, that Accuracy is factored into the formula such that it does not reduce the effects of level and/or Tier, I don't have any idea.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

did you even read and understand anything before you posted?
    is this trolling or you're trying to advertise how obtuse you are?
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

there are two separate rolls one for specials(block/parry/riposte) and another for hit/miss.

accuracy modifies the "hit/miss" and strikethru is a chance to bypass one of the special's but you can still miss, if you miss it will show as a block/riposte/parry.
  6. Jacck Active Member

You have to score a "hit" to even get to the dodge/block/parry aspect. So, if you miss, nothing else matters. Once you get to the hit, then you have your Strikethrough variables entered into it. So, accuracy and weapons skill for the first, then strikethrough for the second. It's really not THAT hard is it?

And all these discussions aren't related to the topic of discussion anyway. But I figured I would lend a hand on avoidance and strikethrough mechanics.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Also good advice because that holds true for a lot of the player base.