Plate Mitigation Bugged

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Karnoz, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

His point was that without the weapon from last expac a brawler has to invest in more block chance items, which will hurt their mitigation further, giving plate tanks an even large advantage. You can't balance around assuming every raiding brawler from now until next expac will have that item.

That's not how it works for brawlers. My bruiser with 109.9% block chance shows 700 in the "Block" stat, suggesting I should have 70% uncontested block. I do not. In-game avoidance tooltip shows 60.4% uncontested block.
    Silzin likes this.
  2. Karnoz Active Member

There is more than one way of doing it properly, but they all constitute monk nerfs. My favorite way: double the reuse of Tsunami. Other options: lower the duration of Tsunami by 50% or double the reuse of both Provoking Stance and Tag Team.
  3. Karnoz Active Member

Why not? Even high-end raiding monk has that item, and I believe, is currently using that item. You use the best option you have. Period.

Funny, considering that's how it works for everyone else.

Anyway, the point is moot since, as I mentioned, I asked my guildmate and he told me he was sitting at 70% Uncontested Block according to the in-game tooltip.
  4. Silzin Active Member

From the way it sounds you do not care about the balance of the game as a whole but only the balance in the way that you play. There are a lot more people that play without the last tier xpac items and they need to be able to get gear from this xpac that can do around the same. Or the begining raid weapons/shields from this xpac need to always be better or on par with the last xpacs ones. The shear fact that your Myth shield from Drinal was best in slot all the way through ToV is broken and wrong to me.

Reading aside the current tier Endgame Heroic and raid gear should all be better than last xpacs endgame raid gear.
  5. Eclipsed Member

Stop trying to sidetrack the conversation by calling him out on his point about an old item. That isn't even the biggest problem or the issue really. The issue is that I look at say your fully upgraded current raid helm. In effect it has the exact same mitigation as my plate helm after your buffs as a monk are factored in due to your free additional 14% increased mitigation that no plate tank gets (heck your monk almost has the same mitigation as my plate tank before buffs in the same gear!). Your gear has the same or more avoidance as a plate tanks of the same tier does, even though you enjoy a free extra 16% uncontested (+additional uncontested from the additional block and defensive stats from your buffs). Why do brawlers get the same mitigation, with massively boosted uncontested avoidance on the same tier of gear? That in itself is enough to destroy balance, but throw in a monks superior temps and balance becomes a joke.
  6. Silzin Active Member

this is the "ITEMS AND EQUIPMENT" forums, not Fighter balance. I am staying on topic. the uncontested block that brawlers get is our shield, we cannot equip a shield and get more block from it. itemization of shields may be out of whack, but not so much out from what brawlers are getting from using all AoM gear. all of the brawler self buffs are there to make it so we have the capability to tank. the classes outside of itemization are not badly unbalanced (I think). (I will not argue monk temps and nerfing of classes here)

looking at the example of the Helms. my helm (Leather) base has 693 mit and all the other stats are the same as the plate. the plate has a base of 851. this is a 22.7% increase in mit. know both brawlers have aa and other buffs that increase their Mit%, but so do plate tanks, maybe not as much but still.... these were the Mit values that the Devs siad they wanted the Mit amounts to make the mit between all of the types to be balanced for them. i do not necessarily agree with it but i do not think it is off by much.
    1 note the devs have said that the Raid armor does not have the stats the wanted and will be looking into then in the future… no eta.
  7. Eclipsed Member

problem is, it isn't just 693 vs 851. Because monks naturally get 14% more mitigation from armor than any other tank. So it ends up being 790 vs 851 effectively. Which is much less of a difference. Further compound this by the fact that monks can further increase the mitigation of all worn armor through aa another additional 12.5% (for a total of 42.5% increased armor vs. the 15% to worn armor that other tanks get. Guardian gets no AA that directly increase mitigation from worn armor). That gap becomes effectively 988 to 979 in favor of the monk.
  8. xkrisx Well-Known Member

If you double the reuse on Tag Team, your hurting the Bruiser even further. Keep the changes class specific if your going to offer up ideas please. My bruiser is finaly on an even playing field again :)

And I am not sure were yall are getting off on saying that Brawlers have the same mitigation value as Plate Tanks do even with the current Mitigation changes. My Bruiser, in mostly all Malice Raid Armor "% Mit" , and all my jewelry aside from Wrists being %Mit pieces, I am still not seeing near the mitigation my Zerk has. My Zerk is in a full set of Mit Armor and mostly Mit Jewelry, he sits at 22k Mitigation vs Bruiser 18k Mitigation. Both of my tanks are pretty equally geared as well.

IF .. Plate tanks seen the same increase in Mitigation that Brawlers did, you would have Plate Tanks sitting at 25+ K Mitigation solo. Put them in raid with Mitigation Temps and procs running, well now your at the cap again or relatively close and Brawlers are pushing around 25k Mitigation. The increase to Brawler Mitigation was intended to balance out tank classes. Everyone is screaming about Avoidance like its the next best thing to sliced bread. Outside of Heroic Content, most mobs have enough Strike Through to negate 70% Uncontested block so in the end, its all about Mitigation Values.. get as much as possible and use your temps " WHEN " you need them rather then run them 100% of the time.

I still stand by the point that asking for Plate Mitigation to see the same increases that Brawler Armor seen is not a justifiable way to fix the issue. It is a balance issue with class abilities that makes the change seem harsh, not the armor mitigation values of Plate vs Leather.

Oh, and my Zerk in almost all Mit sh** has 50% Uncontested and my Bruiser in all Mit sh** sits around 68% Uncontested. These are both without any temp buffs running or procs proccing.