Plat out of raid New raid zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kissa, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Krono issue for me is that people are gouging 1600+ plat for them.
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

LOL yeah those are funny, we got some of those too :)
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not gouging, no one is forced to pay that price. If someone is silly enough to pay a high price, then that reflects how valuable the item is to them. Meanwhile, people offer them for lower prices, and it's up to you as the buyer to be on the lookout for deals.
    Lempo likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Considering I watched them go from 400-600p for weeks to now 1600p someone decided to try and gouge the prices up. It really is a matter of perspective.
  5. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Supply vs Demand is the perspective that matters. If plat was hard to come by, the asking price of Krono would stay steady, or drop. There is no means to monopolize or restrict who can buy and sell Krono, so price gouging is impossible. It is pure supply vs demand.

Plat is there to be earned, in ample quantities. It is just a matter of, can you be bothered to go and get it? If you can't be bothered to do it, but someone else does, guess what they get and you do not? Krono @ 1600p.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

To me, their worth is what I price it at as a player and someone who generates their own platinum. It's my timer versus what I think my time is worth with Plat. It may be supply and demand but to what I believe it is worth, it is gouging. That is not to say I am inaccurately using the term, which I am.

Though the 2nd half of your response is a little smart-mouthy with the very last sentence. No issue though just an observation.
  7. Kissa New Member

/bump
    Are we ever going to get a answer from SOE for this issue ?
    It would be great to see someone in charge on this issue PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tylia likes this.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Thank you. You just detailed exactly why your issue (with Krono prices) is a personal one, confirmed it is a matter of supply vs demand, and has nothing to do with new raid zones not dropping plat.

Players who want to buy Krono with platinum, are earning their plat in game. That is a given, as there is no point in buying plat to then in turn buy Krono (self defeating, they would just buy the Krono to begin with). This means other people are willing to invest more of their earned platinum than you, to purchase Krono. You do not like this, so you accused people of "gouging".

At least you conceded the term was used inaccurately. There is no way to limit the Krono for sale beyond how many people feel like buying it to sell (Supply vs Demand!). If someone tries buying every Krono on the broker and re-listing for 10,000 plat a piece, people will just use the level/auction chat channels and the gouger-to-be will lose thousands of plat.

I am just putting it to you straight up, and explaining my view. If you consider it smart-mouthy, it is merely a side-effect of being direct with my explanation.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Speaking of then Avirodar... how did we get off topic to Krono? Ah found it, someone mentioned it and I actually lead the thread off topic. My apologies for that. Back to the topic at hand. Platinum in Current Raids: I feel that is a good idea for the fact that as I off-topicly pointed out, many (myself included) do not like farming old zones for plat and is probably the root as to why Krono are so inflated in price. Were Plat to drop form current zones especially the Heroic's it may actually increase grouping.

Yes while straight up due to my somewhat opposite opinion of the value of said Krono your directness came off as mouthy. As said, I don't mind I am a blunt individual myself at times and it certainly cuts the amount of dancing around a point. I appreciate your directness though as it quickly brought our off topic conversation to a close.
  10. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Going back to the topic, I do wish and would like for coin to be placed in the chests. Not everyone has huge amounts of plat, and sure, it's fairly easy to get, but when you're working on a new named and die many times, having that extra coin helps. Sometimes you just don't bring enough and the repair bot isn't called the bandit for nothing. Those expenses can add up.
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Even in old zones, where plat is in those chests, there some encounter where the plat in the chest doesnt match the cost of repairs ;)
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Still see devs remaining quiet on this....which considering this is one of thise issues that should have been responded to at the very least weeks ago.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

I see them reading this thread and the following things happening:

1) Oh look at that we forgot to put coin in raid zones.
    2) Maybe its for the better, lets not get in a hurry to fix it
    3) Don't comment on it, as we want to wait and see if in the end many people are really upset.

As a result, I don't think we'll see much done. The premise was this coin was to augment repair costs. It was always broken that there was no governor to how much coin dropped vs how many people were in the raid.

I'm not holding my breath this will be fixed any time soon. Probably about as long as it took to get giant kill count after DoV launched.
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I figure this will be fixed after they make my templar a hybrid tank/healer for raid with our new "tank" stance Rediculous.
  15. Gargamol Member

Any word if this was fixed in today's patch?
  16. Daray Well-Known Member

I'm fine with coin being placed in chests, as long as it is a "per player" amount that scales to the number of players present at a kill. Would hate to see a repeat of RoK raid zones in 3 to 4 years.
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

So you want to go and use infalmmatory terms like 'gouging' and openly admit that you are in fact using the term inaccurately. /boggle
    It doesn't matter what the Krono is valued to you in terms of plat, it is how much the $17 to buy the Krono was worth the the person that is selling it. There is no gouging involved, and for that matter there is no such thing as price gouging anyway it is a fallacy that has been allowed to stand only because of a nanny state mentality. Demand dictates price, demand is controlled by supply, and whatever property or commodity an individual has it is there right to set whatever price they want for it.
    It has been proven that laws that are made to protect so called 'price gouging' hurt consumers more than helping because panic mode sets in and people buy more than they need and supplies run out leaving others without. I see it all the time here in the south when the first snowflake falls from the sky, thousand upon thousands of idiots flocking to the grocery store and the aisles are devout of items like eggs,milk and bread, a moderate increase in the price of 35% would definately make many of them consider how much they really need. In Florida when hurricanes are imminent and people go inland to hotels instead of a family getting a single room, which would happen with a lot more frequency if the operators of the hotels could raise their prices, instead the hotels fill up quicker because they get an extra room for the kids so they can have some peace and quiet.
    You have no right to dictate what someone should be allowed to sell something for, furthermore Kronos are far from a vital item, there is nothing wrong with you making a counter offer, that is of course if you are not attacking the person calling them a 'price gouger' after they decline it.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

It's called spin. Heck news stations use it all the time; over half the news is spun. I would offer a proper defenition of Spin but I do not think even I can propI think it is a bit odd that Guk is almost 200% priced in Krono over other servers. So I use the term "gouging" or "inflation" to describe the price. Thus illiciting the response that either;
    A: people are charging more than it is worth in virtual money
    B: something is odd with relation to server economics. Is Guk really that much more "inflated" with plat?

My spin on it is that people are asking more than the majority of the playerbase (on other servers) think it is worth. I have used terms to make people feel something along those lines. You have dubbed them Inflammatory and heck, they very well may be.

I am quite aware of Supply and Demand economics and while there is more to it than that. Economics is not my strong suit or major. I do not believe I have at all said "you must sell Krono for X amount of plat you horrid person!" What I have said is that I personally, as in Estred, will not pay 1600p for 1 Krono because I believe that is to high. The only one hurt here by not paying that is ME. I don't get the Gold-Sub time because I refused to pay it. The seller still has their Krono to sell. I fail to see where the real problem is, I have long since forgotten this thread until you decided to quote me.

The topic of Plat out of New Raid zones seems that some are in favor, others are not. The topic of the price of Krono is an entirely different subject. Lempo, you are not the first to criticize my use of the term "Gouging" within this thread, my admittance of inaccurate use was more directed initially at that I had erroneously used it. I however do stand by that I feel Guk's prices are inflated compared to other servers. Hopefully with that cleared up, I wish you a good day.
  19. Luhai Active Member

That would be a solution I could live with, even if it includes older raid zones like PR, VR, SoH.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You cannot gouge in a market with an unlimited supply. There is no way for one person to hoard all the Krono and set the price super high. Really rare collectables, yep, you can hoard those.

But in neither case is the person forced to buy the item at the listed price. You pony up your $15 for your subscription. Or you pony up your own time and effort hunting the elusive Lost Soul.