Planes of Power

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Confuzzeled, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Dagorth07 Guest

PON and POJ were 2 of my favorite zones in EQ1. The music in POJ just gave it that spooky feel, and every so aften the prisoners would scream, great stuff.
  2. ARCHIVED-Losstarot Guest

The first time I heard a prisoner scream, I think my heart skipped a beat and I about jumped out of my chair :p
  3. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Yuki@Crushbone wrote:
    4 xp zones with the rest locked behind raiding those zones boss mobs was a great expansion for people who hated raiding and gave an option of things to do? Because besides the books in PoK and what small content there was in PoK, that was it for the non-raider. You did not progress any farther than Plane of Justice, Innovation, Disease or Nightmare if you didn't raid.
  4. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I loved the plains. Even before PoP, plains were a part of EQ1 from the begining. The plains of fear, hate, sky, nature and mischief were all a part of the game before PoP. However the major downside of the plains is that once you've battled the elemental gods, it just doesn't make sense for anything else to be more powerful after that. For that reason alone I doubt we will see the higher plains in EQ2 ever. But maybe there is some hope that we might visit plains of demigods someday. I know I would very much enjoy such an opportunity.
  5. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

Think ppl luv the idea of progression like pop offered but most will agree..planes themselves are highly unlikely to be something soe does in eq2. If they do offer a expansion with hard progression to allow some actually use of the content they would have to have those raids zone be all there is for a long while too. B/c i just don't see them spending millions to get pop style expansion to only have it used by 10% of the gaming population to only be replaced when the new stuff comes.
  6. ARCHIVED-forren Guest

lol i love nitpicky people who try and correct people and get stuff horribly wrong. (Brigh)
  7. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

[p]I would give anything for the PoP expansion to come to EQ2.[/p][p]Same zones, same encounters, same use of keys and such, but just with EQ2 graphics and such ^_~[/p][p]PoP was one of the best expansions with some of the best encounters.[/p][p]Plus none of the instance bull, you could stop someone from getting PoTime flagged by just taking the mobs.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-zaun2 Guest

PoP wasn't my favorite EQ1 expansion, but it had one thing that was good -- it had a very good plot arc. I sort of don't want to see the same planes that were in EQ1 in EQ2 for a while, expansion-wise. Maybe in a while after the gods are coming back, and due to some extreme evil (Mistmoore?), have to re-open their abodes to let mortals in, would planes make sense. I wouldn't mind some totally new planes (plane of health), and maybe some alternate realities (like the zones in Omens of War which were accessed through the Priests of Discord.) Even on Norrath, there are still a lot of missing continents. Kunark, Taelosia, and Velious, for example.
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Yes, because c-blocking (EQ1 vets know what I mean here) should be a desired part of any expansion...
  10. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Watch out Zaun2...Mentioning Taelosia can get you lynched in certain corners by the timid entitlement and/or hypocritical "we want to kill dragons, not aliens" crowds
  11. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

Oh most certainly, EQ2 is so carebear it makes me sick :(
  12. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

[p]you can always go back if you can't handle being forced to play nice.[/p][p]I realize it's such a horrible thing that many players are able to achieve and advance just as easily as others on equal terms. :roll: [/p][p]Those gosh darn male children born to unwed parents!!![/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

Well...if someday there were a Planes of Power expansion, we the citizens of Norrath would have the opportunity to once again re-anger the gods to such a degree that they could once again have the opportunity to slink back into hiding, and potentially raining fire and brimstone down upon the hapless planet until.... EQIII ! :-o
  14. ARCHIVED-Celmar Guest

Well bein EQ2 is a alternitive Plot line to the story of EQ1 basied 500 years in the furture after the SoL expansion, it could go either way. so there is no telling.
  15. ARCHIVED-Scorched Guest

I say keep the natural progression going. Let's get Kunark and Velious back first. I'd like to see all the old-world zones done up all snazzy. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Can't really go back too much, anyway. There's far more instancing in EQ1 now than there is even in EQ2.
  17. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Yeah the EQLive devs have been trying hard to balance instancing vs static content over the past few expansions. Sometimes they tend to go too far either way ( DoN was too much instancing, TSS was a bit too much static) but they generally have things well balanced now, with things to do in both static and instance content. As for bringing back PoP in EQII, I'd say no on that for now. We still have Kunark (soon), Velious (I still say the bedrock is there and there'll be SOMETHING left), Odus and Taelosia left to find on Norrath. And yes, I would love to see EQII's take on Taelosia; see how bad the Discord invasion was in this timeline (hints in lore indicate Mata Muram didn't get as far here as he did in EQLive's timeline). I'd love to see the Gardens of Barindu in their untouched state and so forth, meet Taelosians, hunt down hynids and turepa and pooka and even stonemites (all norrathan natives to Taelosia). Maybe even find out isolated groups of remaining Muramites. Taelosia could be a two faction area, Goodies sideing mainly with the Taelosians and Evils siding with the remaining nocs, aneuks, ma'tuk's, kyvs, etc.... from the invasion. Anyways, lets get Kunark and Velious and Odus out first then we can talk about Taelosia. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-GwenRelentless Guest

I try not to be a nay-sayer and generally try to keep a positive attitude on the boards but I would be very afraid of a PoP type of expansion in eq2. PoP ruined Eq1 for me and I quit after it. If your guild wasn't able to do the harder raids you were pretty much nothing and It was no fun to not be able to do anything fun without getting flagged first. I adore Eq2. My guild has DT access and we have done some of the end game content. We are looking foreward to mastering the EoF raids as well. I think EQ2 needs to keep going in the fashion they are already going and I will be a super happy camper. Especially since Eq2 was designed for the casual to moderate player, introducing an expansion that centers around raiding and raid progression would be a huge mistake and a turn off to many people. Unless you are in the top guild on your server (and possibly even then) you probably havent mastered all of the raid content in Eq2. On a good note, I did like the Plane of Knowledge included in the PoP expansion because It was very pretty and the Library where you could buy all of your spells was quite helpfull. I think the book travel system would be rediculus in Eq2 though since Eq2's Norrath feels much much smaller then EQ1 ever did and travel is already pretty easy.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nink Guest

[p]I also liked the PoK zone as it was nice to meet up with other players. I think the teleporter books will be useful in future, currently yes the zones smaller than EQ1 but with EoF and now RoK (assuming it is similiar in size to the old EQ1 zones) then eventually there will need to be a new way to access the zones.[/p][p]There is only a number of bells and carpets that Nek and TS docks can hold before it will get too complicated to manage. [/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

[p] Well.....[/p][p]OoW and GoD were originally supposed to be one expansion, so OoD does fit, as would GoW. :p[/p]