Planes of Power

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Confuzzeled, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Confuzzeled Guest

[p]Hey Everyone,[/p][p]I was just thinking. Does anyone think we will ever see the planes of power again. I never got to play Eq1, but it seemed like a pretty cool place. What does everyone else think.[/p][p]Thanks for any replies.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-TicklesEQ Guest

I highly doubt we will, as the Gods no longer wish to be disturbed by mere mortals in their homes :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Jaxjags2100 Guest

Nope...it killed every other expansion in the game and travel became pointless...just find a book. No need for ports or wizards or druids for ports....put me out of a job!
  4. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

[p]LOL, i love this mentality. makes me giggle every time.[/p][p]Anywho, no the PoP are sealed off (hopefully forever) from the mortals.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Bramwell Guest

Personally I loved PoP. Pick-up raids were awesome and you could get to at least elemental just by doing them. The expansion after PoP pretty much was where EQ1 pretty much went down hill IMO. I think I bought it for the in-game map. And, travel is almost as trivial now as it was then anyhow. I am glad wizard/druids aren't spamming "Will port for small donations pst"
  6. ARCHIVED-Jairy Guest

OMG I loved/hated PoP. We had a regular player that organized "pick up" raids through all the flags...these were great. But I don't miss my macro..."LFG in BoT, PST!" By the gods I hated that zone, but *shrug* that was pretty much your life at 60. But then I quit before OoD came out (or shortly thereafter) so I don't know if that changed. Oh and I don't miss PoD. That place and it's rats were just gross to look at.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

[p]Yes i would love highly themed zones w very defined progression and itemization. Eventually incorporating an open based system that allowed fully opened zones when complete tiers are cleared. [/p][p]BUT i do not expect to ever delve into the realm of the gods as a future expansion. [/p][p]Lets call this new expansion Tier 8. Ideally it would incorporate a PoP style expansion where when the top guild on your server clears the lesser zones consisting og 4 zones with 4 lesser raid mobs per zone and 1 end boss per zone. It opens up the mid tier to everyone on your server w different themed zones different rewards etc with 4 lesser raid mobs and 1 end mob per zone. Then finally when that tier is cleared it opens up a final raid zone w 10 lesser raid mobs 4 harder raid mobs and 1 final end boss. Each tier would have progressively more difficult and complex encounters with very progressive loot PER tier w less focus on individual mobs. [/p][p]This is effectively tier 8 step 1 with 20 raid mobs. Tier 8 step 2 with 20 raid mobs and tier 8 step 3 with 15 raid mobs. [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

heh ya donations. I once got into some people of why they called it a donation. They said it was some payment as compensation or whatnot. I stated a donation was something given for free but if I gave them cash I wanted my **** buffed and waxed. It went on for a bit until I got bored of the argument lol.
  9. ARCHIVED-cronar Guest

[p]Where SoE went wrong is the order in which the expansions were developed and introduced.[/p][p] [/p][p]Planes of power should have been one of the very last expansions to be introduced into the game. It makes very little sense, especially in terms of lore and mob power to go from smashing gods or their avatars to finding raid trash in other expacs that makes the dieties look like moss snakes. (nice run on sentance!)[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]Now that aside, i would love to see pop in some form brougt into eq2. They could easily tie in a quest series to find the true fate of the former residents of the planes.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-ailees Guest

Bramwell@Guk wrote:
    yes, I agree. Killing Quarm has been such a hard job for my guild (semi hardcore only !) and such a big success and accomplishment that after it, raiding was not so fun, just hard. And 80% of the guild left for EQ2 or WoW when they started.
  11. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

Struzi@Everfrost wrote:
    Not Exactly PoP but you can find parts from the olde Plane of Sky in Pillars of Flame, and KoS :p
  12. ARCHIVED-knightdantes Guest

[p]I hope they do bring it back. The person who said pointless travel, I don't think the Plane of Tranquility is something that will be brought back. The "grinding" planes such as Valor and Storms or whatever were monotonous. I would say the more interesting Planes such as Disease, Innovation, Torment would be pretty cool with EQ2 graphics. Would the God raid not be cool in Everquest 2?[/p][p]I have no idea about the Plane of Fire, Time, and that other one because I was not in an uber guild lol.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Jairy@Befallen wrote:
    OoD? Lets see...Planes of Power....Gates of Discord...Dragons of Norrath....Depths of Darkhollow....Prophecy of Ro....The Serpent's Spine....now The Buried Sea.... I don't see any OoD there.
  14. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Nadjira@Valor wrote:
    KoS is NOT Plane of Sky! Devs have said that, the in-game DOF lore says it. The Caretaker djinna right in front of Poet's Palace and perhaps another place says that the Master brought the citadel from what some knew as the Plane of Sky into this plane of existance when the calamaties started happening or thereabouts. She says it is the last piece of PoS known to exist.
  15. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

It's probably Omens of War and it comes after Gates of Discord. That was the current expansion when EQ2 came out. You're also missing Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath. Full list if I'm recalling correctly. It has been a bit. Ruins of Kunark Scars of Velious Shadows of Luclin Planes of Power Legacy of Ykesha Lost Dungeons of Norrath Gates of Discord Omens of War Dragons of Norrath Depths of Darkhollow Prophecy of Ro The Serpent's Spine The Buried Sea
  16. ARCHIVED-daeaorn Guest

I would love to see atleast Plane of Fear opened now that we have the portal again and PoP was fun I loved to see each gods plane and wouldnt mind seeing them again.
  17. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

Well since they have done a awesome job on Unrest ( Best instance in game ). Maybe they will open the PoF and make something to similarity in design as a raid. I dont mean design by spookyness, or the mysteries but the Uniqueness of the zone brought to life a whole new Everquest2 for me.
  18. ARCHIVED-ailees Guest

Unrest is fine, just as nektropos castle was. But i ti sonly a zone. When you will have done it 10 times, il will be boring. Planes of Power was really a great idea, with a nice and hard progression, a bit like DT access is but longer and harder.
  19. ARCHIVED-Losstarot Guest

Personally, I liked the idea of the Planes of Power expansion :D But I think the actual implemention of the content could be found lacking.
  20. ARCHIVED-Bayne Guest

I find it interesting you guys are wanting something that was the catalyst of the Shattering of Norrath in the first place. The gods abandoned Norrath when it's denizens killed their avatars constantly by raiding their homes. The gods just came back. Do you think the will open up a portal to their homes again so they can go through what they did 500+ years ago? Aside from that... I did like PoP a lot, it was a great expansion even for people that hated raiding. There was so many options of various things to do. I don't think however it would be ideal for EQ2.