PG times under 5 minutes after nerfing

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Anatha, May 26, 2017.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Funny, I heard you could be banned for killing anything out of script. Like just burning something down is considered an exploit, therefore cheating and could get you drundered. True/False? A dev did said this, correct?

But then again it's the better players in the game on top, how do you think they stay there? I'm not QQing. If I knew the exploit or the broken **** to use to my advantage, so would I.

Just sayin...
  2. Morrdredd Member

so you are saying we are all going to drunder!! YES!!!!
  3. Lightt Member

Time Warp, op!
  4. xHolgo New Member

Twitch.tv/mockerofshoes We are streaming our runs right now, there is no foul play happening, literally just a group of friends that have ran this 30+ hours together getting the most efficient clears possible, There is no "Broken ability" Like you guys think there is. Its really annoying when a thread is started every week about our clears, if people put in the time we did to perfect them, they could very easily get fast clears.
    Alarra and Snikkety like this.
  5. Haterkham Member

Class composition, and coordination are the 2 biggest factors in what we are doing, period. watch the streams. figure it out. please compete so its fun
    Absin and -Soteria- like this.
  6. Morrdredd Member

yep such qq
  7. xHolgo New Member

So you are saying that any time during your raiding in sovin nai, or any other guild, you have never burned a mob down before it scripts? Lets say you have, that means everyone in that raid just exploited and should be banned? That logic makes 0 sense friend. This game has slowly turned into, "If someone is doing better than me, they are obviously not playing by the rules and should be banned" Instead of accusing people of cheating, form up a guild group and slam some runs, I guarentee if you took a stacked group with rhita/mogrim/stix etc you would easily get sub 5 minute clears. Being good at this game is not an exploit
    Alarra, Snikkety and Jrox like this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic. Gninja made that statement a while back "If you burn a mob down with no regard to the script, it is an exploit". We do pretty decent times and have even made the leaderboard a few times.
    Earar likes this.
  9. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

O crap so all the times I 1 shotted names in ka solos ie the kly with ascension abilities before the scripts kicked in, they feel I was exploiting? I guess drunder will soon be the only server ;) we're all going to hell, y'all!
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

he also said if u used X brigands to kill a mob, u use class abilities but it's an exploit :) ... don't remember what brigand ability he was refering to
    Jrox likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

What I don't understand is people complaining about other peoples runs. My groups take on average about 10 minutes with me tanking, so we aren't even in range to compete with top groups. So maybe not thinking I can compete is the reason I am not repeatedly frustrated by losses. I am mainly just curious about the stat system. It seems a bit more tilted towards some classes than others. It also seems to not be restricting certain abilities, such as the fervor on scout stances. This is one of the main reasons BLs are good in this mode: they by default get the highest base stats. There are some consumables that if you aren't using then you have no right to complain. So maybe instead of calling exploits or saying other groups are cheating... maybe go have fun. You lose? Ok. You win? Cool, enjoy your extra 3 coins. Felwithe at least is pretty fun IMO. The boat not so much, but Felwithe is relatively solid code wise, and I think if anyone isn't having fun there it is their own fault. I think the best fix for PGs would be to have more variety. Maybe 5-6 rotating maps, if they could make them not as buggy as the boat.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  12. martinear New Member

The top score is 3:33 so far.
    I did a test yesterday, after cleared everything except the last named, I run the full distance from the start to the top of the tower, it cost 2:14s. Definitely I am not the fastest one to go through the roots area but believe me I am not the slow one either. I run it alone without bard speed,and not rush with power.
    My best score is 8min, I admit it's not very good, many people can do it better but none of them can figure out how to kill C1,C2,C3 and the butterflies, vampires in almost 1min or 80s. Please enlighten me.Thx
    captainbeatty451 and Earar like this.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

because in the end .. the winners get 16 coins while the losers get 8

doing it in 5 minutes compared to 15 or even 30 and gaining twice as much coins is a big deal.

a team who manages to finish in 5 can do 5 runs (counting camping in and out) while a team in 30 min can do 1

5*16 = 80 compared to 8 for the 30 min run

u see the difference ? I totaly agree if u optimise setup and play with the same people over and over again, but such a difference ?

it makes things so .. unfair for people who can't play over and over again with same teammates, and truly .. 8 coins is nothing for 30 minutes. A 30 min run isn't worth it, that's it

exactly .... how to manage to run, kill all those named, not step on roots, in so little time when runing around takes time by itself.

and 8 minutes is a good score. U just need the exact setup. and be really really coordinated.
    it becomes like a non stop grind job again. and .. it takes away all the fun
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

You pretty much temp up as you run in, unload everything without stopping, the mob dies, and you keep running. We coordinate everything from who runs to pull certain roaming guards and drakes to which temp/nuke combos will be used on which names. If we do everything perfectly, we almost don't stop moving until we have to wait for the last boss to do his spawn animation.
    Absin likes this.
  15. Veta Well-Known Member

Soteria is too nice. I would have let the tears fly a little longer. Having to explain logic to people who claim you exploit, simply because they don't understand, makes me laugh.
  16. Anatha Active Member

It is true that I don't use an actual proving grounds AA spec. I looked at some rangers that run PGs, such as Vynie, and he is not specced for the abil mod section of prestige ranger. It's 4th line from the left for rangers. He is specced down the weapon damage line. I had downloaded his AA spec but noticed that he didn't have smoke bomb, which I have found to be very effective against multiple mobs when running with a pally using the reflect ability. As a guild, we usually run a pally, one or two rangers with smoke bomb and snipe, a troub, healer (mostly defiler but have used plate healers), and fill in the blanks for the rest. At this point, I don't really care about having the fastest time. I just want to earn enough coins to get white adorns maxed out. I was just curious how these fast times are being done.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

How do u run vs the first named ? U cannot leave the ring.
    U also fight the treant into the statue sanctuary i guess
    And only 3 people pick up the flowers ? Or u still go to the first tree ?

We tried to do that but the tank was complaining that he always had to be first and the heal that he couldn't heal while running and everyone ended up tense and not fun
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

I watched the Twitch feed. They are very organized and the spell rotation/coordination amongst them is great work. They use everything at their disposal and I didn't see anything that would be considered exploiting. It's a given I can't see what spells they are using to kill **** in one shot, but then again I didn't see anything get one shot. The bosses were being hit with 4-10 spells and going poof. It just looks like a well placed timewarp, other debuffs/temps and ascension combos from that perspective... Well Done.
    Alarra and Absin like this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

there are strange things. In the boat I remember being able to OS the 3rd named.

twice it happened, we were fighting pirates on the 3rd named room and I think when we killed the guys garding the stairs, if quick enough, u can OS the named when he pops ? It was funny because twice we didn't realise we had killed him .. and when we tried .. weren't succesfull :)

it's not exploits but yeah good spells used at the right time. Maybe named are weakest when they get targetable ?
  20. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Jrox, martinear and Earar like this.