people are stuck on the planes for expansion packs. but lets not forget other worlds.

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Rylight, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Rylight Guest

people keep coming up with new ideas for expansion packs. and most of them are about getting back to the planes one way or another. but what about the other worlds that exist in this made up universe?

If you go to the obelisk of lost souls, and get a little deep into it (spoiler btw, so dont read on if you dont want to know about the nightblood ) you'll find the nightblood are actually aliens. creatures from another planet. and if you go to their databanks/scrolls you'll find a listing of other planets (norrath also being on there list) all I'm saying is that remember there are many other worlds with their own stories. highlight black text to read.
  2. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Any of those planets mentionned Kuaa or something else that may indicate the realm of Discord and Muram's forces? :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Do you think that maybe we could get Faydwere, Odus, Kunark, and Velious back before we go off into the planes and other worlds or dimensions?!
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Wait. Where was this? I can't find any written information about the nightbloods FROM the nightbloods anywhere in Enchanted Lands, Rivervale, or Obelisk of Souls.

and yeah. Lets worry about the next 5 years or so rediscovering Odus, Velious, Feydwere, and Kunark first.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

It's not that farfetched. Rodcet Nife was an alien as well. He came to Norrath via a space ship. His temple was his space ship. He used "magic" (better know as advanced science) to cure the sick. He used his "magic" to possess the minds of fish so he could swim in a pond. Etc, etc.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rylight Guest

cusashorn said Wait. Where was this? I can't find any written information about the nightbloods FROM the nightbloods

well look harder!!! hehe. but yes. if you go deep into the obelisk of lost souls (into there building) somewhere near where you need the runes (not entirely sure of the exact location because the place is a gaint maze) you will find 3 scrolls/databanks. I seem to remember one of these scrolls telling how nightbloods practice disguising themselves into the creatures of the world they visit, and how they gather information through infiltration. another scroll has the listing of I think 5-7 other worlds/planets, norrath is also on the list if I remember correctly, but I cant remember what is on the 3rd scroll? I may head back there with my invis and copy down what I read.

but also if you get deep enough into the obelisk, you will find a mob that seems to be only found in the obelisk itself. they are guardians of the hallways called sentinals. and they are metallic and most likely mechanical flying rotating devices. in other words they look like tiny little spaceships, and this technology is somewhat beyond the knowledge of your average gnome. the nightblood are indeed from space. or some other planet, and If I can get some other information on them this week I will try to share it

but I do admit, before we go to other planes or other worlds we need to focus on finding the rest of the norrath first
  7. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

I'm with Mary on this one. One thing I think EQ1 did wrong was branching off into other planes/worlds when there was so much left of Norrath to explore / update.

I'd like to see EQ2 stay focused and concentrate on places here on Norrath. I mean, so much history has happened in the last 500 years, it would be a shame to not explore it, or what is left of it, in one shape or another:

- Feydwer (Mistmoor, Kaladim, Felwithe, Ak'Annon, Kelethin, the Steamfont Mts, The Greater and Lesser Faydarks, Dagnar's Cauldron, Estate of Unrest, Kedge Keep, Ocean of Tears)

- Odus (Stonebrunt Mountains, the Quellithule Tower, Erudin, Paineel, The Hole, the Warrens, Erud's Crossing and isles, Toxxulia forest)

- Kunark (Hell, too many zones to list, too many dungeons to list, the place is freaking huge)

- Velious (again a vast area, with dungeons like Tower of Frozen Shadow, Crystal Caverns, Siren's Grotto...with the melting of the velious ice, who knows what could be found...)

- Other places (Halas, Gunthak, Grobb, parts of the far icey north, Neriak...)
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well current rumor has it that we'll be covering Innothule Swamp and Rathe Mountains each to finish up whats left of Antonica. Thats two expansions right there. Although since Grobb, correction, Gunthak, wasn't anything much more than some mud, wood, and rocks, I'm not expecting to see very much of it survive... >_>

As for Neriak: Well, That's what the Fallen Gate is, though I'd like to see even deeper inside and see if the Thexians still have a working portion of the deeper parts of the city working.

Halas: While it's not marked out as a point of interest, the ruins of Halas are found underwater in the north-west portion of Everfrost near Permafrost. There are a bunch of ruined pillars underwater surrounded by groups of the ghosts of dead native Halasians.
  9. ARCHIVED-thesilverfox Guest

Slightly off topic, but aren't there two of these mechanical mobs also found in Nek Castle. Right before you head into the basement on the way down to Everling. Tinmizer's? I also thought there was a quest associated with these as well.
    At any rate I'll be heading down to OOLS to check out these databanks thanks for piquing my curiosity.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

Really? So sad.. I loved Halas. Kind of odd that Halas is near PF, since I had always known them to be separated by a bit of distance, but with the Shattering, all sorts of movement is possible. Thanks for that info, I hadn't known that.
  11. ARCHIVED-GSOOne Guest

I would like to see the Expansions more thought out. If they do an Expansion, new region. It should/could support 3-6 adventure packs, and a lot of fun. I think Faydwere, Kunark, Velious are must to arrive. Also in lore we have the resurection of Lady Vox, and Naggy survived the Cataclism. The big question....will we have a new sleeper. You saved the egg in the prismatic. This would open up for Faydwere, and Mistmoore. The rumor never confirmed nor denyed from SOE is the origin of the sleeper. I could see 2-3 Server wide events...the Hatching of the Hybrid, The corruption of the of the sleeper. Rumor has that the Mayong of Mistmoore when tutoring the Sleeper he posioned it with a sleeping potion and locked it in a chamber of strong magic.
    This lore would be good to do Velious, Faydwere expansions, and the various raid and solo zones.
  12. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

What lore has tied Mayong to the Sleeper? He's had his fingers in many pies, but as far as I know (and we've been talking a LOT about Mayong on the EQLive lore boards since Depths came out), there's been no link between him and the Sleeper.

Instead, the force that put the Sleeper to sleep originally was basically the combined force of all the other dragons around at the time (both Ring of Scale and Claws of Veeshan factions) finally knocking him out long enough to set the 4 guardians up which kept him asleep.

On the other hand, one of the story lines going throuhg EQLive is about a corruption spreading throuhgout Norrath, that had its origin bakc in the works of Mayong, Tserrina (ToFS fame) and Venril Sathir, and various others of the bad guys through EQ's history. The Realm of Discord may have also been mutating this corruption as well.

In any case, it was Venril Sathir's actions which guided this corruption into the Dragon lands of northern Antonica, and corrupted the brood that was growing there.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

There are 2 mechanical flying "things" when you open the book case in Nectropos.. I havent been to OoLS to see if they are the same thing as whats in there though. If they *are* gnomish (the Nectropos ones) they are also magically enhanced to be able to hover/fly.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Thats right. Mayong Mistmoore has no connection to Kerafyrm in any way whatsoever. He was related to the Firiona Vie GM even storylines early on during Launch and Kunark, but sorta just stopped showing up after that.

And didn't the Prismatic weapon quest result in the Egg getting shattered at the very end after you get your reward?
  15. ARCHIVED-Defender of Antonia Guest

Back to the Nightbloods and the 3 scrolls if you go deep inside Obelisk of Lost Souls to where Borxx spawns there are 3 cases to the left and right each when inspected reveals some odd lore. Some of them are funny like a reminder to feed your host There are two I find rather interesting one speaks of 7 anchors or other obelisks and lists the names of each planet that has one Norrath is like the forth on the list but it also mentions one (sry I don't remmber the names) as being off limits at the time.
    The second scroll gives a list incase of an emergency of possed people who are to be protected at all costs so that they may continue thier research I have never seen any of these npc's in game but they are obviously high ranking people with one persons last name on the list being Bayle (and it's not antonia).
    Finally some of the lore for the obelisk states that they find the Evil eyes very interesting wich is probably why you can find some in the obelisk and also why in the raid Zone Meeting of the Minds you can find the evil eye Lord meeting with one of the metal guys.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rylight Guest

really in nekropos castle?? I believe you, I just havent been there in so long that I forgot what is there, one thing is for sure though, these floating hover spaceship looking sentinal mobs are very rare in the game, other then in the oblelisk, I guess I will have to grab some invis potions and make an expedtion there tommorow (hope the mobs dont see past invis)
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Those Tinimizer contraptions are found all over the Lost Lagoon raid instance in the Feerrott as well.
  18. ARCHIVED-Big Dave Guest

nm
    Message Edited by Big Dave on 11-29-2005 03:25 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Talaen Guest

There's a lot of old Antonica we haven't seen yet either - The Rathe Mountains/Lake Rathetear for example, or Highpass Hold. Broken Skull Rock. There's a bunch of places referenced on the old EQLive box maps or in EQOA geography that could be added too (that goes for all continents actually). These could work for adventure packs or full expansions. There were a lot of old ruins in the Rathe area especially - many that were never fully explained but were assumed to be from or predating the Combine Empire.

As far as other continents go - we know that there was a huge war on Faydwer so it seems reasonable to expect Faydwer as an expansion at some point. There's less info on Odus, Kunark, Velious, and Taelosia. If I recall there's at least one other continent depicted on the Skyfire globes in EQ1 that has never been explored in any of the various EQ titles.....although it's been like a year since I went an looked at the globes or the navigation room aboard the Hate's Fury so I could be wrong on that.

As far as villains go, if we get a Faydwer expansion I would love to see what old Mayong has been up to. Mistmoore Castle was his home base and somehow I think he would have gone to ground there during the Rending and the Shattering. With the war tearing up most of his opposition in Faydwer he would have been in a good position to extend his influence even further. The same forces that prevented normal mortals from traveling also would have kept him more confined but Mayong is nothing if not patient. As well there's the mystery of the Kedge which was never really taken anywhere in EQ1. Are they truly a dead race like we all thought, or is there some secret Kedge empire beneath the waves somewhere?

I think there's a lot of room for expansions and adventure packs before EQ2 gets anywhere near opening up magical travel to the planes again.
  20. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

Tinmizer has nothing to do with those metallic floating guardians. He may have managed to get a hold of one and tinker with it a bit. Where is that little guy nowadays?
    As for the guardians in the Trembling Lagoon, that location contains one of the most important structures on Norrath. That sentient structure just may be very important to the creators of those metallic guardians.