people are stuck on the planes for expansion packs. but lets not forget other worlds.

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Rylight, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Llaien Guest

This is just what i remeber from my time i Qeynos in EQ1. Those guards at the entrance (not sure if its the 2 standing in front or the ones inside the side towers) kept talking about a Bayle. Now im not sure if it was Kane or Kyle they said, and i dont have EQL installed to go check it out myself. It was defenetly starting with a K though ;P

Also someone mentioned a passage saying return of the moors? I was wondering could it be linked with MistMOORE?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The guards talk about Kane Bayle, who from time to time was found up in those towers.
    To Moor something is to secure a vessel with lines and anchors.
    Mistmoore is a castle. Don't let the name fool you into thinking it could be anything else, unless they plan on securing the castle safely to the docks of Qeynos.
  3. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Also the "moors" sounds like it refers to the geographical term and not a particular zone.

From dictionary.com: moors are: "A broad area of open land, often high but poorly drained, with patches of heath and peat bogs.". (It seems I most often hear this referenced with areas in England more so than areas in North America, though IIRC, some stories based in New England areas also talk about moors.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Llaien Guest

From Cambridge International Dictionary of English
    moor(COUNTRYSIDE) Show phonetics
    noun[C]
    an open area of hills covered with rough grass:

Only one place comes to mind ... and thats Rathe Mountains....

From Dictionary.comA broad area of open land, often high but poorly drained, with patches of heath and peat bogs.

No idea for an EQ zone

From Wilipedia and Columbia
    The Moors were the medieval Muslim inhabitants of al-Andalus (the Iberian Peninsula including the present day Spain and Portugal) and the Maghreb, whose culture is often called "Moorish".

Again no idea related to EQ.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pyrrhx Guest

In regards to the dictionary.com definition of a moor in conjunction with some of the statements posted already :: "Sent by his master of the moors," and "over the impassable ocean of tears and returning to the moors" :: we can create some decent mental imagery to help us identify the locale.
    First, as defined, a moor is a broad area of open land at higher altitudes that lacks sufficient drainage meaning the ground itself is marshy, or bog like. By this definition you can imagine the ingame area as being much like parts of Northern England, Ireland or the Scottish Highlands. ... If you choose not to create mental imagery by comparing reality to fantasy, how about this: Moors make excellent settings for dark or cryptic stories (i.e. The Hound of the Baskervilles). Being large open spaces, with trees few and far-between, a person could feel absolutely lost and alone in the middle of a moor, essentially isolated out in the open. Additionally, being that land itselfs lacks poor drainage, the peatbogs and marshy consistence of the land would make for a long and laborious trip as it would feel as if the land itself is dragging you down....
    As an aside, being that moors (geographical descriptor) are generally associated with peat-bogs, you could make an undead connection of sorts. Bodies buried in peat generally retain their freshness for longer periods of time...
    Just food for thought.
  6. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I just saw Kane in the tower when I popped in the other day.
  7. ARCHIVED-Duhulk Guest

I've never seen or heard of a Kyle Bale anywhere in the game. Where is he found?
    Sanctum of the Scaleborn :smileywink:
  8. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

You bastage. You tease us with that small piece of information and just swan off! Come back and tell us more!
  9. ARCHIVED-Duhulk Guest

Not just yet :smileywink:
    Suffice to say his state is um...less than what he would prefer I'm sure.
  10. ARCHIVED-FreaklyCreak Guest

The creator actually does appear in game but doesnt offer any more lore then what the quest gives once he spawns.

-Get quest(dialog)
    -Kill 4 or 5 named that have pages to the spell that summons the creator.
    -Hail the "Tome of The summoning" again.
    -Clear the shadowedmen in the room.
    -Once that is done he pops out of the wall. He is a necromancer usually, as he has an undead pet.

Though it was said in past updates that it doesnt necisarly mean that a NPC is that specific class if you see them using spells of that class. It just means that this is the easiest or most comfortable form they can take.(Or something to that effect, so maybe it isnt a necromancer but something close to it, and as far as the game mechanics can explain he uses the powers one would have.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

part of claymore line has to do with him in sos
  12. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

Ya most people know now that Kyle found the Claymore(Exonus or what not) so makes sense that they would want to have him. Considering that Kerafrym wanted it for himself. Also the Soul of Tarinax quest which is funny since again Kerafrym now has tarinax guarding Deathtoll.

So far we have seen two of the names appear in the Long "epic" quests for 2 expansions. Will we be seeing another name pop up in the next expansion? Claymore quest also talks about more in a distand land across the sea. OLS seems to be in the back round story wise, who knows what we have in store for us with it. As per the thread i n zones and pop, i would love OLS to be a raid zone. Maybe it is something we will be seeing eventually.

OLS is in my opinion the coolest, most intriguing zone to date. I love it
  13. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

We'll be learning a bit more about Kyle Bayle and what he was in command of before he was... lost. The people of his time expected his journey would not be an easy one. They never discovered what happened to him or the ones that followed him.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Id be willing to bet we see the D'Morte family pop up in Echoes of Faydwer. It all fits too perfectly. Vampire family, mayong mistmoore continent. At the end of pris1 nagafen talks about more to come later, 2 expansion down the road we meet up with him again. At the end of the peacock quests they talk more about the d'morte family and meeting up with them again later, EoF will be 2 expansions down the road....
  15. ARCHIVED-DivineEternalDreamer Guest

Lol.
    Yeah, I don't understand why people were against Planes of Power. There was no harm in killing the Gods, because Druzzil Ro clearly had more power than the entire raid force had alone... although, that creates the question was she meant to be the most powerful leading Diety on Norrath?
    The other points are still valid too... However, it's clear that you can't lose Magic/Healing because you wouldn't be able to clear Plane of Time without your powers... It would have made the zone more challenging if say - all Magic was weaker due to killing Solosek Ro the God of Magic... and to have reference to the affects that killing the Gods had made on the planet of Norrath...
    It made perfect sense that you don't see any of this, because Druzzil Ro resets the timeline, so the planet isn't destroyed - Yet, there should be more reference to what you are doing to the planet's ecosystem while you are killing the Dieties... You should feel evil, and see the affects of every diety killed on the planet...
    So, the planet is *ONLY* destroyed while you are in Plane of Time, but it would be awesome to have little portals showing what you were doing during the raid...
    There always was the question - How do I retain my raiding Wizard's magic when I've killed my own God several times? I killed my own Diety just to enter his father's Plane and kill his father Fennin Ro!! Yet, I never did lose my Magic? In fact, I've been rewarded over and over for mass murdering the entire family of dieties!!
    Haha...
    You'd think I was a ShadowKnight/Necromancer...
    Still, I loved Planes of Power, and it just needed a little dialogue "tweak" where it shows that you "killed" the dieties, but they don't remain "dead" and resurrect... That would be Invincibility and Immortality, if it would "show" that no matter how many times we "kill" our dieties they will always return to life and the planet...
    It should show the Dieties laughing about how many times we "Kill" them only for them to return midly annoyed and amused by the futility of Norrathian's attempts to wipe them out...
    You should lose faction with your Diety and gain faction with your Diety... The entire Diety system needs to be enhanced... Every kill should be like Tunare in Plane of Growth, but it should be a more fun and not grinding way of rebuilding your faction...
    It should be a Debuff on you when your Diety hates you, IE. Magic is weaker - but a fun and not overly long grinding quest to regain faction... However, that would just overly complicate things *giggle*.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

DivineEternalDreamer wrote:
    First /golfclap on the rather good necropost, Kyle Bayle AND Vhalen in the same last page.
    Second, this is kind of what happened. If i recall only their bodies are destroyed and the planes they are "custodians" of allow them to "reform" I vaugely remember Innoruuk cursing at the other gods for allowing Mortals to destroy their bodies again and complaining that some of them might not be able to rematerialize back in their planes... or something to that effect.
    I assume the planes of nature and influence each work differently when it comes to their chosen custodian's "Death", and if they are "killed" while in that plane the plane may be able to rematerialize their physical forms. Which may be why Rallos Zek back in the original 1st Rallosian empire was forced to bring the Raethe Council members to Norrath and kill them here, rather then in the Plane of Earth because he knew this.
    Again I dont remember all the old texts on how it works or Inny's rant, if someone could comment/find it I'd appreciate it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vaedaer Guest

After completing Phase One:
    Solusek Ro says, 'This is absurd, why are we wasting our time and energy on this?! Direct action is needed, now! Banishing Zebuxoruk will not stop the mortals from entering into our planes. Their greed for power will have them soon trampling through our realms!'

Rallos Zek says, 'On this I agree! We must take action and the time is now. I will not have these mortals achieving the powers that we hold.'

Fennin Ro says, 'Calm yourselves, you need to appreciate the situation that is at hand.'

Xegony says, 'Please listen to reason, we are doing what we must. The mortals possess a direct tie to Zebuxoruk. If his stasis is finished their link will dwindle as well as their powers and knowledge.'

Rathe says, 'The knowledge that was given to them by Zebuxoruk will fade from their minds. We must do this now, for if they were able to translate the divine language all existence would unravel. The balance of power in the universe would be destroyed.'

Solusek Ro says, 'This is exactly the point that I am making! So you agree we must show them now that we are the power above them, and not to be questioned!'

Rallos Zek says, 'You must see what he refers to; we must turn to Norrath and show them our power. What they are trying to accomplish cannot be allowed to come to pass.'

Fennin Ro says, 'My son, please understand we must stop this advancement of mortals without halting their existence. The balance of power must be maintained. Without the mortals the balance would fade.'

Solusek Ro says, 'So they have made your decision for you too father. You are all wrong, this will only bring them further into our realms seeking answers! We must take action now. Have at your foolish games, I will not allow them to obtain my power.'

You look up and see a meteor burning through the sky; Solusek returning to his tower to brood over the matters at hand.

Rallos lets out a sigh of frustration that vibrates the ground at your feet.

Rathe says, 'Rallos still your warring heart. This is what must be done. We must place him in a stasis from which he will not be released. Come share your power. We must commence now.'

Xegony says, 'Mithaniel, Karana please record what you see here. With your good nature I am sure that your records will be impartial to any side. We must record this for the ages and learn from our mistake of allowing Zebuxoruk to gain so much power that is easily passed on to mortals.'

With a sudden jolt the wall comes into crystal clear focus.

As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have one additional hour.

After completing Phase Two:

A bright aura streaks through the sky. The power of it sends a surge through your body that makes your hair stand on end.

The Triumvirate of Water speaks as one voice. It says, 'Now step up to the chambers. Give a part of yourselves to the bind on Zebuxoruk. Through our power, the bonds on him will never be broken. He will be eternally placed in stasis.'

Saryrn says, 'What of our weakened state. I refuse to return to my realm without the power to rule over my minions.'

Terris Thule says, 'Yes, how can I spread my touch over my lands if I lack so much of myself?'

Cazic Thule says, 'Do not worry daughter, we shall stay here until we are able to recover our strength.'

Rallos Zek says, 'Our armies shall serve us as we regenerate our abilities. We have nothing to fear.'

Bertoxxulous says, 'My soldiers of pestilence shall watch over us. Let us return to our chambers now.'

Innoruuk says, 'Are you enjoying watching this Hammer of the Tribunal? I hope your petty report will show my disdain for the Tribunal having no hand in this.'

The Seventh Hammer says, 'Do not waste your energy Innoruuk. You know they are eternally preoccupied with their trials. Surely even you understand many of these trials exist because of the hate you instill into the population of Norrath.'

Innoruuk says, 'Do not mock me! I shall seek you out after this is done and my power is restored. You will not be so smug after our next meeting.'

As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have an additional one hour and fifteen minutes.

After completing Phase Three:

Terris Thule says, 'I am certain my warriors will have no problem holding back any intruders, but I have my doubts about the other armies.'

Vallon Zek says, 'Surely you jest. Your armies are better than the regiments from our realm?'

Tallon Zek says, 'There is no question that our warriors of War and Tactics will be the backbone of the army.'

Saryrn says, 'It is no matter anyways, no mortal could ever ascend to this place. These precautions are unnecessary. Bringing them here was a waste of time.'

As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have four additional hours.

After completing Phase Four:

Rallos Zek says, 'Something is wrong. I feel Tallon and Vallon's spirits have weakened.'

Innoruuk says, 'Don't be a fool, that is just from giving a part of themselves to the bond on Zebuxoruk.'

Cazic Thule says, 'No. It is more than that, I can feel the force of Terris has been drained as well.'

Bertoxxulous says, 'This is not possible, could mortals have reached us here? Call in our armies, we are too weak to fight now.'

Innoruuk says, 'You are all incompetent! I knew you all could not be trusted. If we are defeated in our weakened state, I do not know if we will be able to coalesce again. I will never forgive you all for what has transpired today!'

Rallos Zek says, 'Now is not the time to bicker! We must focus our strength on these puny mortals! Minions of the army, come to our sides. Your gods beckon you, we need you now!'

As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have four additional hours.

After completing Phase Five:

Fennin Ro says, 'Impossible! How could the races of Norrath have traveled this deep into the Planes?!'

Xegony says, 'I regret that it has come to this. They leave us with little choice, however. We must fuse our powers together. Separately we are weakened, together we will halt their advances.'

Triumvirate of Water says, 'Unfortunate as it may be, I agree. We must call upon the beast we swore would never be needed.'

The Rathe says, 'Then let us begin. Let our abilities and powers meld into one. It shall be our final protector and savior. The only thing standing between us and non-existence'

Your head pounds from the amount of raw energy that begins to coalesce throughout the plane. Bright flashes of red, blue, green and brown begin to come into focus on one single point. A large towering beast begins to manifest itself. A horrible creation with all the powers from each elemental realm. Your body begins to shudder by the mere presence of this being.

As the path before you opens up in a swirl of mystical energy, the faded image of an hourglass appears. You have two additional hours.

After completing Phase Six and Breaking Out Zebuxoruk:

Zebuxoruk staggers about and looks at you, drowsy from his weakened state. 'My thanks to you. I am surprised to see you have made it here. We must get back to Norrath. The time has come for me to share my knowledge. Something is coming, a threat to us all, and the sands in the hourglass are thinning. Make haste and take me back the way you came.'

Zebuxoruk says, 'I am surprised at the gods for taking such drastic measures, though I suppose all of the creations of the Nameless are capable of displaying poor judgment and irrational behavior. These gods are burdened with powers and responsibilities beyond our comprehension, yet at times even they do not understand the eventual effect of their actions. I am compelled to share the knowledge of the gods with the populace of Norrath, so that I might save their creations. They do not realize that if mortality ceases to exist... if they are not worshipped and held aloft by the beliefs of those that they now have grown to fear... they will fall from power and a new age of darkness will wash over existence as they know it. I did not seek to interfere with them or their realms, only to free them from a fate that awaits all of us. It is this fate that now stands ready, greedily gathered on the edge of the void, ready to test the will of all mortals.'

Zebuxoruk says, 'If they have taken measures these extreme I must rethink what I have done, and what I will do. If there was this much cause for conc...'

Suddenly in a bright flash a feminine figure appears before you. Your ears ring from the loud burst as she slowly materializes.

Druzzil Ro speaks with no movement of her mouth. Her thoughts flow through you, calming you as you begin to comprehend what she is trying to communicate to you.

Druzzil Ro speaks to your mind, 'Zebuxoruk, my student I cannot allow this to happen. If you were to escape from another prison the will and power of the gods will have been compromised.'

Zebuxoruk says, 'Druzzil, I have missed you. Wasn't it you that taught me in your own realm to seek knowledge and share it in all forms?'

Druzzil Ro speaks to your mind, 'That I did, but I also taught you not to share your wealth of knowledge if it would affect the fate of others. I cannot allow this to happen. I must set things back to how they were before you and these mortals arrived here, I believe that you cannot understand this and I am sorry.'

Druzzil Ro looks upon Zebuxoruk one last time, as a wave of sadness comes across her gentle face.

Druzzil Ro begins to chant an incantation; mana flows out from her body in all directions. Things begin moving slowly in reverse. You become dizzy from the experience and fall to your knees. As you look up the last thing you can see is Druzzil Ro smiling in your direction. She then waves her arms gracefully and points at you.

There is a brilliant flash and you find yourself displaced through time and space. For a moment you lose touch with yourself. As you wake, you find yourself back in the Plane of Knowledge, moments after talking to Maelin with the information of retrieving the Quintessence of Elements. Druzzil has preserved the timeline, and restored existence back to its normalcy.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Why did someone necropost a FOUR YEAR OLD thread? I know that's allowed here on the Lore boards, but even then there should be limits.
  19. ARCHIVED-Vaedaer Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    /shrug curious I guess? or bored . . . but w/e =P