PCC23

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohh man, now you tell -- ah, remind me... X-P

I'm working on something right now with Edriliane (it's like mostly hers; I'm just a junior partner :D), and we're gonna finish that, but... :-/

Brb... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

How in the world is today the first day to read this particular post. (didn't understand what PCC23 was & usually too little time for reading forums) Literally had no idea about this challenge when I began my Muppets themed Opera House. Cool, still two whole months to finish this.

Silly question. the challenge was written as "Simply decorate a home of yours .. .. using the following categories". Did you mean to say "one of the following"? Because that's a lot of items on the list to throw into one house. (though it would make for an intense challenge :p)

Guess I need to get back in to finish the Muppet Show, lol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  3. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Correct. You can choose any of the categories listed, or 2, or three if you're feeling really ambitious. :D You may enter as many homes in the challenge as you wish.
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Post / Rules have been edited to be more clear. Sorry for the confusion.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. kloree Member

This is NOT published yet still a work in progress

Project Name (with or without PCC23 attached) : Fae Aide - PCC23
    Your Server : Maj Dul
    Home Address : Ethernere Enclave
    Leaderboards Location : Massive
    Homeowners' Name (if using the house of an alt or friend) : Andreasjahn
    Decorators' Name : Andreasjahn
    Challenge Selected : Music
    What your Project is Based on : Woodstock '69
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

1 Month remaining! I'm getting very excited to see what category everyone selected and the amazing results of all your hard work! :D
  7. Aabari Active Member

Project Name (with or without PCC23 attached) : Monopoly {BTDC}
    Home Address : Tenebrous Prestige Home Freeport Side
    Leaderboards Location : Hall of Fame Section
    Homeowners' Name (if using the house of an alt or friend) : Strifehorn
    Decorators' Name : Aabari
    Challenge Selected :
    What your Project is Based on : The Classic Board Game
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Working on my alternate one! :)

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Just over 1 week remaining! :D
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm almost done, I'm almost done! :D

I might not even need an "extension" until that midnight! :eek:

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I WAS almost done... X-P

I hate some houses, I really do. X-P

Time for my third idea... X-P

Uwk
    who really, really hopes this one can be done in a week or less... :-/
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, probably, but I think I will need until Sept. 30 11:59 pm PDT for this project... X-P

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once again, like others, not Published yet, but a Work In Progress (about the third attempt, after my second attempt kept eating my TARDIS bits! :mad: Should be done by 11:59 PDT; just putting in the details):

Project Name (with or without PCC23 attached): Under the Norrath Sea with the Fab Four [the Beatles, for the young'ins :D]
    Your Server: Maj'Dul
    Home Address: Lower Tenements, Gorowyn
    Leaderboards Location: [see above; not Published yet] EDIT: It is Published, as of 11:59:56 pm PDT on the 30th, and is #1 in Small Homes...out of like, SIX, so that's not saying much. But it's there. ;->
    Homeowners' Name (if using the house of an alt or friend): Taumuone (TAU-moo-on-ee) Leapt'On
    Decorators' Name: Pirupoika (PEER-oo-POY-kah) Firecrowned
    Challenge Selected: Music
    What your Project is Based on: the two "nautical" songs of the Beatles, "Yellow Submarine" and "Octopus's Garden"
    Any Other Information you find useful or valuable: There is a Book of the House, at the beginning...and it's a wee bit smallish and slightly cramped in the beginning (though both a male Barbarian and male Troll can get through), and takes quite a bit of loading; let it do so... ;->

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if you check the date/time stamp on my Publishing, you'll find it was 11:59 pm, PDT, on the nose! :D

I'm only now writing about it... :D

Uwk
  15. kloree Member

Project Name (with or without PCC23 attached) : Fae Aide - PCC23
    Home Address : Ethernere Enclave
    Leaderboards Location : Massive
    Homeowners' Name (if using the house of an alt or friend) : Andreasjahn
    Decorators' Name : Andreasjahn
    Challenge Selected : Music
    What your Project is Based on : Woodstock '69
  16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone who decided to participate in my first Challenge! I hope it was fun AND challenging!

I am hoping to get to video tour them this weekend, so with that being said if anybody has a last minute submission they'd like to put forward, it will likely be Saturday before I get a chance to do the videos. (Vis a vie - an informal deadline extension.)
    :D

I would have loved to get to tour them this past Sunday but unforeseen events have kind of derailed my whole week and mental state. :(

With all of that being said, I am currently brainstorming what my next challenge will be and hope to announce it within the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned! ;)

Spex / Shan
  17. Spextasy Well-Known Member

So I was really hoping to actually video tour these, but I have a persisting audio issue that I can't seem to fix. ( I am somewhat, alas, technologically impaired in these things. :() I started to video tour them but there's a very loud, obnoxious buzzing noise from either my headset or my computer that I can't figure out how to get rid of. So...slideshows will have to suffice for the time being.

With that being said, I really enjoyed my visits to all of the submissions!

First up was Monopoly (BTDC) by Aabari, I was really impressed with the creativity on the board spaces and the use of the books to describe each property on this one. My favorite parts were the Railroads! :)
    (Challenge Selected : Board Games)

Next is Fae Stock '23 - Andreasjahn's Norrathian take on Woodstock '69. It is absolutely adorable and I love it. My favorite part was all the concert-goers dancing to the band and having the time of their lives! :cool:
    (Challenge Selected : Music)

And finally : Under the Norrathian Sea with the Fab Four by Pirupoika.
    Wow. I was astonished at not just the beauty created in such a small space but also the cuteness of the actors for the band. (I can't lie, I've always been a John Lennon fan, even though The Beatles were a bit before my time, my dad was a huge fan so I grew up listening to them.) :D
    (Challenge Selected : Music)

The details for each home are included in the slideshows. I highly encourage you to visit and vote, as each of them are a lot of fun and worth seeing for yourself!

Hope you all enjoyed the Pop Culture Challenge! I shall be announcing the next Challenge SOON!™

Spex / Shan
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Only three of us? Sigh... :(

Gotta love the other two as well (Piru's my main Carpy on Maj'Dul, and Taumuone's one of my latest Hordelings there; thanks for your comments, but I'm glad it was such a small space! :D Went with Gnomes so I could get glasses for "John," but then I couldn't get him a mustache...so I gave that to "Paul")! But Monopoly isn't a Music category; check your screen card(s) again on that video... ;->

And I think if your music soundtrack is okay, it might be something with your headset. If it's not wireless (and I'd love to get my hands on a good wireless one that would work for my Win 7 desktop, my Win 10 lappie, and my ancient-of-days boombox), it may be that the teeny little wires in the silly thing may be conking out... X-/

I've gone through a number of them, so I could quote you chapter and verse. X-P My current set has lasted way longer than I anticipated, and the mic still does pretty well, judging by my Zoom meetings. Have you tested your 'set that way recently? Even in a "room" with friends/neighbors/Decoraiders/etc.?

Uwk