PCC23

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we have made the decision to close this years' SEHS due to lack of interest and participation, however, I would like to extend the challenge part of it as an invitation to anyone interested.

Pop Culture Challenge 2023

The Rules are Simple :

Simply decorate a home of yours (or a friends) .... (or a home of yours WITH a friend!) using one of the following categories:

• Television (Sitcom, Drama, Soap Operas, Reality TV, Talk Shows)
    • Movies (Drama, Action, Romance, Comedy, Horror, even Disney!)
    • Game Shows (Old or New)
    • Board Games (Popular or Obscure)
    • Books (Both Fiction and Non-Fiction and everything in between)
    • Poetry
    • Comic Books (Any)
    • Toys (EG : The Beanie Baby Craze)
    • Music (All)
    • Theater (Broadway, Off Broadway, A High School Production!)
    • Fashion (Use your imagination!)
    • Celebrities (Nothing offensive please.)
    • Anything newsworthy that isn't politics or religion related. (A good example is Titanic. As long as it's not offensive.)
    You may enter as many homes / categories as you wish.
    There are no sign-ups required.You don't need to email me anything. And you can use anything you wish on your project : Marketplace furniture? Sure! House expanders? Absolutely! Pull in a friend to help you with ideas or to borrow their Layout Editor expertise? Have at it! You can even collaborate with friends if you want to! Want to ask for help with ideas in Homeshow? Go right ahead!
    Want to submit a home you've already decorated and / or published? That's perfectly fine!
    Here's how to get started : You may begin decorating from the very moment you read this post. If you're submitting a home that is already completed and / or published, you may submit it now, or wait if you so choose. Once your home is completed, you may publish it as soon as you wish to.
    The Deadline : This challenge will remain open until September 30th. That's over 3 months to plan, build, decorate, rebuild, and perfect your creation!
    What's the difference between a Contest and a Challenge?
    That's simple. There are no prizes or competing involved at all. This is simply meant as an event to challenge decorators and perhaps get your creative minds interested in ideas you may not have been inspired to pursue before. This challenge is open to ALL SERVERS.

How to Submit your Entry :
    Simply post in a reply to this thread the following information about your entry :
    Project Name (with or without PCC23 attached) :
    Your Server :
    Home Address :
    Leaderboards Location :
    Homeowners' Name (if using the house of an alt or friend) :
    Decorators' Name :
    Challenge Selected :
    What your Project is Based on :
    Any Other Information you find useful or valuable :
    You may also include a book in your home with the above information and anything else you deem important, if you so chose.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread, or if you wish to keep your project secret until you publish / reveal it, you may also email me at shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com or PM me here also.
    Have fun, and may the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

Spex / Shan
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Thanks; this will help with my withdrawal symptoms! :D

I'm open on everything but TLE servers and Kael Drakkel. ;)

As soon as my ol' bud Q gets her computer back, I'm gonna poke her with this and see what we can come up with... (plot, scheme) :)

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Yay doing my own house with my own ideas and meager expectations (haha) is much easier for me to do, I'm down for this challenge. And much longer time to finish - awesome!

Thanks for challenging us :)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, amen! :)

Uwk
    Spextasy likes this.
  5. Edriliane Active Member

I have an idea of what kind of house to make if anyone is interested in decorating with me on the Thurgadin server.
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I could do Thurgadin; what did you have in mind? :)

Feel free to PM me here if it's something secret/a surprise. :)

Uwk
    who has members in Guerrier Celeste... ;)
    Spextasy likes this.
  7. kloree Member

if you want im on maj dul i will swap with you i was going to put up my ethenere enclave
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Can we base it on a book that isn't published yet but will be this year?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  9. kloree Member

pop culture so no that wouldnt fit. for books game of thrones, harry potter, hunger games
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, makes sense! :D
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

As long as it's an existing book or series, published or yet-to-be-published, I have no problem with it. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's a book, for example, that Amazon has "available" with some info on it, that I've been eagerly anticipating (though I'm not gonna do any of these houses based on it; it's just something I want RIGHT NOW!!! :D) though it hasn't been published yet, at least not in this country (Doctor Who universe, so perhaps the rest of the show would count as "pop culture")... ;)

Uwk
    (it's the Target novelization of "The Zygon Invasion"...any of you Thurgadinites, do you know if it's just that first episode, or both parts of the two-parter? I want his Big Speech near the end of the second one in writing)
    Hartsmith likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo! That's a tricky one...I anticipate lots of old-school scaffolding being needed. :eek:

On the other hand, iirc, there's no actual "structures" built there, so we could do it all from scratch? :)

Uwk
  14. kloree Member

thinking of doing woodstock hence why i chose the enclave - Andreasjahn on majdul
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, howdy! Pirupoika over there, among others. ;->

Uwk
    thinking, that's gonna take a lot of Muddy Tiles...
    Hartsmith and Spextasy like this.
  16. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Woodstock sounds like it's gonna be a fun house to visit! Can't wait! ;)
  17. Spextasy Well-Known Member

ETA:

2 New Categories have been added to the above accepted list, which I hope opens up more ideas for those on the fence about this Challenge!

• Poetry
    • Toys
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I don't think the rules are THAT restrictive to narrow down book only to those kinds of themes. I think it's about everything and anything pop culture, there's even Reality TV mentioned.
    So if I want to build a Survivor show type of a house/island I should be able to... I hope.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  19. Spextasy Well-Known Member

You are correct. The Rules are wide open on most things for this. As long as it's not offensive.
    As long as it's not offensive in nature, the categories will remain flexible. :)
  20. Spextasy Well-Known Member

2 months remaining!
    Still plenty of time to plan, start, make a new plan, and restart an idea you've been on the fence about!
    And remember, if you finish early and want to publish and share with the community, that's perfectly fine.
    I would also like to remind everyone that you are absolutely welcome to submit an older / previously published home! In fact, I encourage it!

~ Spex / Shan
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.