Pay to Win Vah Shir mount

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dreamphaser, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I bought the mount for 5 krono in vanilla. I'm not too worried lol. It's more so about the fact that it already got nerfed once, along with the buff and they had all of DoF to understand how much the stats on the mount scale. It went from like .9 pot in vanilla to 7 pot in DoF. If they were going to nerf it again, it should have been near the beginning of DoF before a bunch of people spent 100's if not close to a thousand dollars to get the mount. Since the vah shir crates are no longer available on the marketplace, and only through the daily overseer, the only sure-fire way to guarantee you get the mount is to buy an absurd amount of any crate for the Jadeite Medallions. I just have empathy for all the people who may have potentially thrown away a lot of money.

It's also why I think it's valid to bring up the fact that a support/utility class (enchanters) who already can parse like a t1 gets 15 potency above any other class from their AA. More than what the rare mount can offer, yet no one is complaining about that. They get it for free and no one else can obtain it. At least anyone has the chance to close the gap by getting the rare mount, unless of course an enchanter also has it so now they are 30% pot above everyone else lol.
  2. Maergoth Well-Known Member

What Exactly did they buy, though? They bought something that, by their own assessment, will forever be bis by a huge margin? Or they bought a mount that would scale? Or they bought a mount that was currently the best one out there?

Just because it's OP one expac doesn't mean it must scale to be increasingly OP forever. Not to mention, many people didn't buy it for dollars. Even if they did, items are subject to change.

Enchanters are not parsing like a t1. You're conflating balance between AAs and gear for literally no reason. Apples to oranges.

Leave it the same stats as it was when they bought it, until it falls in line with raid mounts. If you want that sooner, then buff raid mounts.
    Bekkr likes this.
  3. Liberal Active Member

You can give enchanters 30% potency, I really wouldn't care because they're still not gonna outperform T1 classes. Also it's a bit of a farce anyway, considering so many other classes get a ton of good things from AA as well. Specifically a summoner can now give the group 5% potency. The only class i'd say needs a big bump is sorcs.

It's not like anyone is going to trade in their t1 classes or rogues for more enchanters.

But either way, this mount is ridiculous and should be nerfed.
    Uguv and Bekkr like this.
  4. CPhil1919 New Member

Why would we want to change? All the people that log on every day and work so hard to lvl there Overseer and take a chance to win to only have it nerfed --- does not seem right -- its rare and that is why you log on everyday for a month for the 1% chance to win it.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

No one "works hard" for anything Overseer related. It's all just random chance, and I suspect that far more people are getting the mount by swiping their credit card enough times to accumulate the coins to buy it. Good for Darkpaw, not so great for balance.
    Bekkr likes this.
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Idk, I'd trade preds for more rogues and enchanters. Can't imagine sorcs needing more of a bump than preds.
  7. Dreamphaser New Member

Most mount owners got it through the double coin event (excluding buying one for 40 krono). Now, collecting 7000 jadeites would take about 1400 days with only the daily crate.