Pay to Win Vah Shir mount

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dreamphaser, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Dreamphaser New Member

Now that everyone who really was going to spend money on this, did so. Is it perhaps time to nerf this mount? It's quite crazy to have a mount in game that has a potency value of six gear slots.
    Uguv likes this.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

By their silence, I think it's safe to presume Darkpaw's answer is "no, the mount is fine." When you ask the same question over, and over, and over, and over ... and the only response is crickets, that is your answer.
  3. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

I guess you haven't been paying attention to familiars, have you? When familiars came out, another 'extra slot', because obviously live players don't have enough stats; they boosted your attributes by 1-3%. It's at 20% now. They have no other option other than to keep creeping everything up. Complaining about market items for the company to make less money off of a dwindling population isn't going to go far, but do what you feel.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Familiars aren't available on the TLE.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Bearoco Active Member

Let's bump this up more. There's way too much of a noticeable difference between this and normal mounts. I think that mounts should have similar stats per tier -- this mount shouldn't be useless, but it should fall in line with the other fabled mounts.

Tiering the mount stats should be rather easy from an implementation standpoint - just make:

Treasured X, Legendary X*1.2, Fabled X*1.4, Mythical X*1.6, etc. etc.

Not those exact numbers, but just generally increasing stats in that way.
    Kayti likes this.
  6. Shurrikan Member

100% agree with this item getting adjusted. Same fiasco that you had with Familiars on the other TLE server, a P2W item worth several gear slots
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

This is correct. They think its fine.

They're looking at it entirely from a player power versus mob standpoint. It's making raids kill mobs ~0.2% more quickly, per mount.

They're not looking at it from a player versus player standpoint, because minmax parse competition isn't a supported gameplay type.

They have lost touch with supporting any competitive aspect whatsoever, especially on TLEs, and competitive players are delivering wildly mixed signals about how much they actually care about any of this anyway.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They are a claimable item on TLE for the monthly 500dbg cash thing, the are sellable to status merchants to level a guild or they are usable for Overseer missions if you claim them
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

They cant be used for stats, which is what this discussion is about. Claiming them (or mercenaries) as status fodder really doesn't have anything to do with anything in context.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

No the discussion is about the pay to win Vah Shir mount..but make it about whatever you want, /shrug
  11. Chrexx Active Member

this mount needs to be nerfed asap.

but also, if it's not going to be nerfed, DM me if you're looking to sell :p
    Kayti likes this.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

Or instead of nerfing it and pissing off people who spent money, buff the raid mounts to be equivalent. Leveling the playing field and giving raiders another carrot to chase.
  13. Klownage New Member

This is the way
    Kayti likes this.
  14. Kander Developer

This is being reviewed by the team.
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This is completely fair. I don't have the same bad feeling about a cash shop if it's for appearance stuff and house items. But a any item that is this amazing that can only be obtained by sheer amazing luck (overseers) or by buying it is cringey. If it's a raid quality item, it should be obtainable by raiding.
  16. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Enchanters get a rare mount worth of potency from AA unlike any other class. Can we nerf that too or give every class 15 potency in their AA tree's. It's not fair /cry
    Zenji likes this.
  17. Dreamphaser New Member

It's quite easy to detect the obvious mount owners in this thread lol. Being a fellow oldschool PvPer, you really are disappointing me with that comment, Flesh :)
  18. Tetley Member

/shrug so there are people willing to spend money in your game for an item and now you nerf it which will make the people spending lots of money angry? Bad for business in my opinion. They should give the mount that comes from the recent expansion some stats so the even the TLE folks would have interest in buying the expac even if they strictly play on TLE. That is good business. $$$
    CPhil1919 likes this.
  19. Boldac Active Member

Yeah, because the mount is the biggest problem with balance in the game right now. ;)

If you spend money in any game that you don't control, you should not be upset when something you paid for changes.
    CPhil1919 likes this.
  20. Malachy Well-Known Member

I am glad they are looking into it, finally, but this was brought up many months ago on discord and is regularly discussed. Waiting this long is negligent considering how overpowered the item is.

P2W has many shades, but I feel like a very rare raid mount should be of similar stats as this one, the one from the Varsoon pack not far behind.

But, yes, it's one thing for an item to be 25% more powerful based on tier, it's another thing when it is 700% more powerful than the next P2W item and many more multitudes higher than anything that drops from raids, heroic instances, or quests.
    Bekkr likes this.