Pay it Forward! Back for a summer event!

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-zimona Guest

The players in the Legion of Legends of Butcherblock will be participating in this and plan on being on Mara at 8pm CST!! We are so looking forward to seeing you all there. Person to contact is either Tramine or Izellia. See you there :)
    /e starts packing up the horses.
  2. ARCHIVED-zimona Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

yes carpenters make portable armour repair kits that are incredibly useful while out in a dungeon etc .. :)
    Thanks Zim for stepping up to help on Butcherblock! That's awesome!
  4. ARCHIVED-foodcity Guest

that was a blast on unrest server :D we also had a drawing for 600 plat :) also, me, darkpit, and sunissa are willing to plan for the next one on unrest server :D possibly in my house :) when is it? next NoTD, frostfell, heroes fest???
  5. ARCHIVED-darkpit Guest

Thanks to all the showed up to show their support. The event was amazing, and it was a lot of fun. Thousand of items was given out and the plat drawing at the end was great. it start with 100p, and with the generous donation from 2 people it went to 600p. So again i want to thank everyone especialy those that help me manage the confusion at first. Cheers to good times, and more to come. we actualy had a lot more come and give us their stuff and then leave.

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-devlin3373 Guest

So far, the event isn't going so well on Nagafen. I just recently heard about it, but was excited to help out the new players. It was due to start at 4pm est in the Moors. No announcemnts, and Jarack did not show up. I did my best to announce it in lv 1-9 chat after it was due to start, and visited all the starter area and shouted info about it in Common language. It is now 5:30 pm est. So far one low level person has shown up that I have seen. There were four or five players from my guild wishing to donate items and help, and a few people from other guilds have been inquiring about how to donate in 1-9 chat. They have been asking for Jarack. I will do my best to keep trying to generate activity in it.
  7. ARCHIVED-darkpit Guest

im sorry to hear that, as my co-host never showed up either.
  8. ARCHIVED-devlin3373 Guest

Have helped two players now, lol. I will keep posting about it in 1-9. I am offering to help higher level players too, I have plenty of things in my bags taking up space, someone may want it. I tend to be a packrat. I never met a house item I didn't keep.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Aw Dev, I'm sorry it didn't go well on Naggy but don't be discouraged. Usually the first time it runs on a server it's a little bumpy. The next event will get more word of mouth going and you'll likely have more.
    It was a huge success on Freeport again. The community is so incredibly generous and kind. We had more than 300 folks show up to get items with at least 100 people as donators with bags stuffed with all kinds of goodies. The event couldn't have been better, it was wonderful to see so many come out.
    And as cheesy as it sounds, these events really cannot happen without the generosity of the community and their efforts. I just babble at you in 1-9 and crafting channel and you all rise beautifully to the challenge. Thank YOU for making it such a wonderful event.
    And a special thank you to the five guides who showed up to give away their coveted shinies. I was overwhelmed with how many of you came out and I'm so grateful you donated time and energy and goodwill to the event. Thank you!
  10. ARCHIVED-foodcity Guest

this was so fun on unrest server something random and somewhat odd that we did was a sort of air show on our flying mounts, hehe still though.... when is the next one?! :D
  11. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

This was a huge sucess on the AB Server, big props to Taysa and Arquenniel of the Knights of Freeport for putitng it together there. I think we had over five guilds there helping hand out stuff to folks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Aw that's fabulous!! :)
    You'll have to add a few more details, I'd love to know how it went on .. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-rowanleigh Guest

Butcherblock survived the many time changes to have a great 1st time event! We had more goodies to give than players who took them, and I think next time it will be better organized-which I caught the criticism of our disorganization in level chat, plus we had the "Beavis and Butthead" dude starting his own auction on the isle. Of course there is always "that" guy at these events, you know the one who at ANY concert, including the CSO's Handel's Messiah concert who is going to stand up light his lighter and yell "FREEBIRD", so I found it rather amusing and just ignored the whole thing. Why feed the trolls?
    We had fun, foinix our guide was so AWESOME! and did a lot of fun things. We had raffle drawings, and we had chocolate pudding fight and A "Run Naked through the pig fields of mara, did I say naked enough times there?" race.
    Now on to the absoulute best part-my thanks and gratitude to:

first and foremost, Malice of Wonderland for their AWESOME organizing skills, crafting and showing out in full force! they rose to the challenge, including me surprising them with the "HEY! we will have chocolate pudding fight and Malice is hosting it!" in level chat. Hathun and his crew were excellent.Gerand organized my raid for me, I am totally lost in that arena, thank you! Twylight handled the announcing for me. I could not have done this without all of Malice's help.
    Prymordial donated 17! distilled manas for the raffle drawing. That was awesome.
    Adriessah, Nawtic and Eleise for crafting before and at the event!
    Legion of legends for being present and giving stuff away.
    Foinix! our guide for being awesome and a great sport.
    Norrathan crafting alliance as always-our server is always in your debt.
    And the tons of other people who helped, gave away stuff, showed up, answered questions when I wasn't there, and were just generally awesome! I know I missed some by name, but please know you have my gratitude and a appreciation.

We have a better plan for better organization next time, and more people who are willing to help with setup and promotion and running the event.

My server is the best! thanks again everyone!
  14. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

foodcity wrote:
    Did anyone get a screenshot of this? I'd love to see it and include it in a wrap-up feature!
  15. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Ack! How clumsy of me .. and of course a BIG BIG thank you to Dexella who went above and beyond in helping to get the word out with adding the event to player's in-game calendar and doing that lovely writeup. I've thank you over and over in private messages, but I really should be singing your praises publically too. Thank you for everything!
  16. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

With the various player run festivals on AB we have experience with trying to get the word out. So I believe Taysa was not only heralding the channels ( our term for advertising) she did a shout out in all of the lowbie zones as well periodically. We had about 15 folks at once standing out just handing out stuff to anyone that showed up, there were probably a good 20+ all together that helped with it. I didn't keep track of all the guild names but I think more then 5 less then 10 guilds participated in the hand out. We had crafters on call to outfit folks that needed help with things. I know I took time myself to completely outfit a couple of new folks to the game. Arquienelle (Forgive my spelling) did a wonderful job coordinating the whole thing. Players were given everything from plat, armor, potions, ammo, weapons, masters, food, drink and house items.

We got a lot of, wow this community is friendly and supportive, wow we are impressed and lots of thank yous. So thanks for thinking this up!