Passing of a friend

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Xillean, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Droopyloopy New Member

Myself and my wife remember Lordtanner from Nagafen as he was the go to guy to get decent gear made and as a Brit I was always struck by what a lovely voice he had my wife always told me Lordtanner was Ex Military and in my chats with him I can see that if its true anyways he was a lovely fella and I wanted to pay my respects to his friends on here and say deepest sympathies from the uk Posse xxxx
    draidean, Soara2, Xillean and 5 others like this.
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

We are planning to build a Memorial for him in the main hall of the guild hall that will include portals to every house he ever made, we will set our hall to visitor once its done and leave it that way in case any one wants to see it or take a tour of his homes.

Tannar was indeed retired Military, USA Air Force. He always did enjoy helping new people and loved making gear of all tiers for those who needed. Thank you for sharing :)

I am sadden to learn of Cloudrats passing, I hadn't known and sadden to learn of so many others, may they all be in Norrath above having epic adventures.

Once again thank you to everyone for your condolences. It has meant a lot to us and it does us good to see he meant a lot to so many.
    Karamella, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Immensely cool! Thanks! :)

I wasn't sure about Cloud; there were folks on.....the AB Homeshow channel, I think, who were grumbling about the reports of her death being greatly exaggerated, but as more folks report in... :(

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

So sorry. Cloudrat has helped me so much. I am sorry for your losses as well
    Cyrrena, Xillean, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No, the homeshow grumbles were about someone spreading lies and saying Gemo was dead (with intentional malice, someone spread that, and had homeshow in a tizzy). He is not.

Cloudrat, however, I verified. She passed in August, and many of us missed the one mention in homeshow of it back then. I found out via her facebook page 2 weeks ago, and started spreading the news. (She was my co-leader in Heroes of Test, and my friend, though we didn't chat often once she went into hospice.)

Back to the topic at hand - I grieve for all the ones we've lost, mentioned and unmentioned. May time soften the sharp edges of grief and loss for those left behind, allowing them to remember with fondness those who have gone before.
    Cyliena, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 9 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, man. :( Nice to see Gemo's okay (I hadn't heard the exact rumor, and I hit the Forums often enough to see him), but it's doubly sad to hear about Cloudrat being confirmed. :(

I'd heard she was in a facility, but I wasn't sure what sort. Now that I grok it was a hospice, it's understandable, though no less painful. :(

Uwk
    who's bestest buddy in RL lost her father to the Big C (Cancer...that condition has a lot to answer for), but he'd had hospice at home :-/
    Cyrrena, Kittybock, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

So sorry for everyone's losses.
    Xillean, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and condolences, for all in Cloudrat's circle of family n' friends.

Kitty
  9. daicia Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm also stunned and saddened to hear about Cloudrat.
  10. parissa Well-Known Member

My condolences to all those who have lost loved ones... This year has been such a harsh one... Hopefully next year will be better...
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed! :)

Uwk
  12. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Xillean. I have been away from the game for quite some time and just saw this post . I want to say that I am so sorry to hear of Lord Tannar's passing. I remember him from our guild days on Nagafen and Skyfire. He was always on a mission! Sometimes I feel that it's easy to forget that the characters in game that we interact with are real people that have impacted our lives in some way. I can't help but feel a sense of loss to the game and community. He will be missed. My thoughts are with you and the guild.

Sincerely,
    Cheribomb/Eleanor