Parked for the time being?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Teh, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

Thank you for the parse, that opens up alot. Except for the other things you mentioned, such as root,snare and fear (you do not really have these as even if they land, they wont stick longer than a second or two max (and yes, I have master 1 root). The parse makes me feel better seeing it first hand.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Can't really depend on roots and snares and fears like we used to either my undead friend. It's true they are a bit boinked, but my ad3 root still holds pretty darn good for what it is, if it's breaking you probably have a DOT or something on the mob before you casted the root. I've snare kited that sleeping named in HoF before so I know it can be done (sorry forgot his name), just need alot of patience.
  3. ARCHIVED-MisterE Guest

indeed dependant upon the fight in groups during short fights in a dps heavy group necros just dont pack that large of a quick punch. i will normally parse just above 500. However... put me in that long named fight... god forbid its a solo target named with zero aoe... OMG undead tide mass dots.. i can crank upwards of 2k... Necros have soo many different things that we do we can spot heal to help we pass mana regen items. we can combat rez we can FD so many things and oh ya did i mention we get cool looking pets?? Yes it is frustrating that i cant do more dps in a burst group situation but oh baby can i lay down an a#$whuppin on the big targets.... I think every necro on this board has struggled with this identity problem i myself suffered from my blue period. hang in there and u will see just how fun a necro can be...
  4. ARCHIVED-Truffor Guest

On a non-AE mob, I'm pretty sure you can break the 4k DPS (if not more) with a raid setup specifically made for...
  5. ARCHIVED-kenjiso Guest

.....necro is the funniest class i have ever played in eq2....
    we can duo with any class, and do what the duo group needs (healer + DPSer when duo with Tank OR Tank + DPS when duo with a Healer etc)
    i dun belive u can only do 250 dps on a non-orange con mob.... at 60 i was doing 500+++ dps on blue~yellow con heroics ...

maybe that necro just sux big time :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Malhabbock Guest

Is this a troll post, or is this for real ?

You do know more about gaming than the rest of us have forgotten, but ...

If you are running out of power on standard heroic fights with lich on you much be wearing level 20 gear. If you don't have lich on ... um, stoopid.

If you don't think DOTs are really DOTs, then you either have not read the description of your spells or do not know that DOT means damage-over-time. This is exactly how Necro spells work, the damage is not in 1 hit, it is spread out over time.

If you think a Necro is just about spamming buttons, that explains a lot.

Despite everyone telling you different, a parse screenshot was posted for you to actually see. You can see some of what a Necro is capable of. On a typical 68-70 ^^^ Heroic a Necro should be parsing about 3 times what your friend was parsing.

Still think you friend has a clue what he's doing? If he's 2/3rds short of a typical Necro then maybe your guild of "we're good at this game" is really 2/3rds short of being up to par. Quitting the game might not be such a bad idea.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Don't be a schmuch and come here to tell people that have played a class for 2+ years that what they;ve been experiencing is wrong cuz you watched someone else have a different experience!

If you want to see a real necro work then ask someone to show you. Necros are BY FAR not poor in the DPS category. Our roots, snares, are NOT EQ1 type, but they are very useful in EQ2 (BTW, this is EQ2 we're playing not EQ1)!

Combine DPS or a necro and all his pets is stupid good! The only way to get the results your blabbing about( and BTW, you don't seem to have posted any parses either, mayby you should put up or shut up and show us how your "friend" was getting suck imbalanced and unusually low parses>.... but anyway, the only way to get those kinds of lopsided parses with a rogue would be if the rogue started combat off with a string of moves that did 90% of the mobs damage before the necro started casting, cuz given 5-10 seconds a necro can keep up with almost any other class in DPS, and over 20-30 seconds can exceed them, and over 2 minutes will out DPS them by 10% or better... PERIOD!
  8. ARCHIVED-Korben Guest

Very nice Sciomar! My necro is 66 with all Adept3's and I can still parse around 650-750 on a lengthy mob. Key word there is lengthy. It's funny because when I group I usually have my parser up and running just to watch what I am doing and to see if I can improve. I have found WAY too many times a lazy necro just sending pets in parsing 1/4th of what I do (or other lazy classes! :D ).

Don't get down on the one you saw posting low, could of been multiple reasons, short fights (I really am bad at short fights), laziness, etc. I need to post some of my parses because I'm very proud of usually being in the top 4 even with people who are 70.. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Its not always about being lazy... At this point when I group, I'm usually 40% playing EQ and 60% doing something else. This is esp true when we're grinding or camping stuff for quests.

So when I see ppl autofoloowing alot or not doing the kind of DPS they can do, I assume they're multitasking.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

And also, the reason most of us don't post our parses is because we're tired of all the dam crying about how we're way overpowered. There was way too much of it and parse pastings only make it worse. The necro community has always, well for the most part anyways, been a slightly more civilized bunch and don't need to flaunt our e-peens. We know we're good, no need to post about it on the forums, folks can see it live in game :smileywink:
  11. ARCHIVED-Korben Guest

I agree. Kind of like the assassin's post? hehe (my 2nd highest char is an assassin). :D I've been in some pretty good groups lately (don't really raid much) and I'll have to say that depending on the mob, length of fight, I notice that dps top 5 rotates around through different classes. Zone wide parsing is kind of same thing, what kind of mobs, are they short or long fights, etc. But, thats just me. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

It's amazing I've seen every parse argument, lazy necro theory on this thread and no one really addressed the real reason why that necro that the OP was talking about did so bad on the parse. That necro is 67. HoF should really be 68 and up. After you clear the initial round of mobs, all the levels jump up to Orange for a 67 and I could easily see a parse of 250 on an orange oponent. I have enjoyed the thread though )

Estean
    70th Necromancer
    70th Defiler
    Butcherblock
  13. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Okay - Ill bite. Low DPS of the type your talking about is A: Lack of knowledge of the class. B: Fast fights over before our spells get a chance to tick over. C: Player way under the level of the mob leading to high resists.
    I only have one parse I can access from work but it gives you a more accurate representation of what our DPS is like. In the following parse the topp damage is my pet - and I am listed as "YOU". If you add my external DPS and that of my pet is 2085 DPS. I fail to see how this can be labelled substandard. Although I know how to play my class well, I am far from the best geared Necro out there. I also cast our 2 debuffs that fight (as I don't believe I am only there for DPSing when I have other utility spells which assist the raid as well).
    Make of it what you will:

[IMG]

Consider this my putting my money where my mouth is.

Sark.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Sark you're not supposed to post those...great now the other classes will be back after us again :smileysad:

Guess I shouldn't have posted an example of higher than that 250 dps parse...cause it feels like the epeens will start flyin' out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Tide does help when its up . =)
    Message Edited by Zald on 09-21-2006 07:54 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Sorry guys. Won't happen again. I will find one of my "normal" parsers that has me at that famous sub 250 mark. Actually that parse was a weird one. With no visible corpses around (and noone had died on raid) I got 7-8 undead tide minions instead of the usual 3. And they spawned just after the mob had killed my zombie dumbfire with his aoe so they remianed full duration. I normally consider myself good for 700-900 dps on short duration fights or aoe heavy fights, or 1.2-1.5k dps on longer fights or less aoe heavy fights.
    It is pretty rare we get perfect conditions for our dps, no aoe or very weak one, mob not big on riposting, and heaps of corpses lying around for Tide. But when it all clicks by Thule we kick butt.
    Sark.
  17. ARCHIVED-Imperishable Guest

HEHE, I love threads like this really makes me giggle. A couple different things may have been going for this to happen. The main thing is his pet Im sure wasnt named the same as his name, which allows to show the necro's true dps (necro/pet combined). He may have been halfway afking only doing 250 dps. A totally geared up necro trying his best and being maxed should be #1 on dps for raids with the case of having a bad raid or two.
    When it came to the comment of necro's still need a nerf wow:), I remeber the days back in t6 and begining of t7 raids before the major scout nerf! [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] My scout pet was doing 2k dps alone on raids back before they said they make necro's even with other classes:). I am a true necro since day one; however, if we get the nerf stick again hehe Ill be switching too another one of my toons to raid with:).
    The quick answer to your question is yes necro's are top dps if played and geared correctly. Since we dont have to rely on a certain group set up in raid to do great dps we really can rock even without the set up we would like.
    Imperishable 70 necro, 50 aa, 70 carp
    Heka 70 guard, 49 aa, 70 prov
    Nakazato 54 brus, 23 aa
  18. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

Yup I'll back Sarks numbers - gimme procs from a group mate or 2 and necros will parse above sassins on the right kind of fight. (They are still the big boys in the black though.) If you parse UT a few times you can start to see just how effective that spell is. Sure sometimes I only get 750 on those trash dragons in labs, but sometimes I top the parse in AoA. Personally I enjoy the challenge of thinking my way to the high dps numbers.
    [IMG]
    So thats me in the x4 AoA a little while back. I had, I think, a troubador and inquisitor for helps (someone stole my illu - /grumble) and this is a parse from the x4 sentinels which are a long fight with no AoE. (Ie they are a perfect fight to show what a necro is all about.) I cant remember using UT on these mobs as it seems to get me aggro when the timer runs out without doing much dps (no boddies) but either way it makes the point. We are mana efficient and dots / pets make for sustainable dps :)
    Oh amd my dps is miserable in hof too. By the time i get started the sassin and swashy have killed the mob, had a cup of tea and are half way down the corridor - its just the way our dps works.
  19. ARCHIVED-VooshkA2 Guest

Actually, "Spamming buttons" isn't just all that. If you want MAX DPS, you'll need to know when your big DPS spell (the Life Tap) is up so you can cast it as frequently as possible. In raid situations, you will need to time your DF Pets so that they go in the second after the AE hits. If necros am able to dump UT on a raid mob that doesn't AE, they can top the DPS parse list BEFORE the pet's DPS is added in.

As for the "low DPS" well, all I can say is that there are 2 distinct possibilities that a "new Necro" might over look.
    1. He was using the tank pet/the pet wasn't buffed
    2. His pet was named differently from him and the parse didn't register the pet's DPS.

I agree that it's next to impossible to go OOP as a Necro. As it stands, I have problems convincing my guildies I'm not AFK when we're raiding and I'm at 95+% power after the fight.

Ad1/3 Lich makes no difference in power regen as they are both 1%, only the M1 has a 2% power gain. Ad3s do have a damage and heal proc advantage over Ad1s tho.

Bottom line, all the other Necros are telling you you're wrong in your view of the Necro class, maybe you should setp back and consider that your opinions and conclusions are flawed.
  20. ARCHIVED-kenjiso Guest

actually, u can get a lots of tide...cast it right after AE (which kill all your dumbfires... e.g 3 rats(pigs) , 1 skeleton (AE), 1 scorpion (Drawing) , 1 Self-help book (proc from Gloves) , 1 knife (AA)) that will give u a tide of 7-10....if u happen to have another conjurer around...u can have a tide of 15 w/o much problem....just remember to FD before next AE inc :p