Parked for the time being?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Teh, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

I played my necro to 61, I may continue, I am not sure. Last night, set it all off for me.

While in HoF I was consistently watching a 67 necro do 250 or so DPS and a rogue do 7-950dps. Now the necro was 67 so I can understand the difference with the rogue being 70. But still, arent we DPS classes? we are not a support class. We cant really heal someone else. Our roots and snares are horrific. Dots are too fast, recasting them by basically spamming the buttons. This class is sad. You want to play a necro? Go back to EQ, that was a necro, this class is just a VERY watered down version.

This post is for some of you that may have doubts as I had "growing up". You will not be at the top of the list unless you are fighting with shamans and priests. You are not a top DPS class. some here will try to convince you but I saw the numbers and I was ashamed. How are Rangers for DPS?
  2. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Necro is sustained DPS. The longer the fight the better the DPS.

But you can't define the class by DPS, its a lot more than that.
  3. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Erm, you saw a bad Necro only doing 250 dps and that's what took your enjoyment of the class away? Best delete your toon and cancel your account - the risk is to great to play another class, you will see bad players for all classes! :p

Reminds me that I was in a group recently with a Necro who was doing 50-100 dps and he was not even afk. No idea how he did that, I could not parse so low even if I tried (well, maybe if I dismissed the pet and meleed the mobs :D).
  4. ARCHIVED-ShadowDragon32 Guest

yeah it was a bad necro. Im 70 in only in legendary/mastercrafted gear and Im usually around 700DPS in average xp groups and 900-1k ish in optimal xp groups. On raids I usually reach up to the 900-1300DPS range and thats without having all the 50 AAs etc. I have heard necros doing great DPS, but from the other 3 I have seen in guild they aren't terribly off from these numbers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Must have been extremely short fights if he only did 250 DPS. DoTs and Lich alone would most likely get my level 56 Necro above that. Adding Scout Pet, dumbfires, Siphon Life and sometimes Servile Soul he's consistent between 400-500 with highs close to nearly 600. True they are all Adept III or higher but still... 250 DPS is incredibly low for a Necro. Are you sure you parsed his pet too?
    In a short fight where the Rogue starts off with his highest damage stealth attack I can see why he did almost 4 times the damage of the Necro, but not over time.
  6. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Sounds like this Necro was just auto attacking with the pet and nothing else. Necro's are one of the best DPS classes in the game right now. We actually need a nerf.
  7. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

First off, dont give me the typical bad necro mess. And yes, I know the class as well as classes to compare it to such as EQ1 necro. This guy was a guildie and an adept player. He makes his own spells so I would assume he has at least adept 3. He admitted to healing the tank as we were doing HoF trash with about a group. We dont have a large guild so we make it work with what we have, we are extremely good at this game. I have seen the numbers and they dont lie. and also, dont kid yourself about extended DPS. the dots dont work as dots in this game. If we are a dps dot class, why do we spam our spells repeatedly, like a wizard, but dont get near the dps of a wizard? Even with Adept3 lich and FT items, I personally run out of mana very fast, and yes, I tap my pets. So, basically, we are not a dps class, we do not have a niche. I have played a necro for over 5 years now, in two games, I know the class. This is no necro.
  8. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

To Krith,
    Please provide a parse screenshot of your level 56 necro topping 500 dps sustained. Not using the ae lifetap, sustained dps of even 400 dps.
  9. ARCHIVED-Khrump Guest

My lvl 70 Necro has all adept III's with several Masters. All my pets are master. I have 537 int. On raids if I am dps'ing I will consistently parse 800-1100k dps depending on the mobs resist's. When we are parsing I have to change my pets name, (including dumbfires), to my name so that the parser will correctly total the dps, otherwise I will be very low on the dps parse. On those mobs where I am primarily debuffing and providing Arcane Cures I will not even make the parse list.
    Most Necro's I know are in the same category as I am. Necro's are chain saws in EQ2. In EQ1 they were hand grenades. I suspect your just trying to find a reason not to play EQ2. I am very happy with my Necro.:)
  10. ARCHIVED-ShadowDragon32 Guest

Same Necro is pretty good in PVE IMO. Doing trash mobs at times we wont parse high. We are more of a raid DPS class IMO. I usually parse around assassins and such but usually a bit behind locks and wizards. I dont have a problem with Wizys and Locks beating me honestly.
  11. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Assuming gets you nowhere. He could have appIV for all you know. And healing the tank isn't going to help with your friend's DPS. Oh and why are you basing the necro class on how well 1 necro plays? Do you not see something wrong with that? Also I'd like to know how your running out of mana so fast with adept 3 lich and FT items. Whats your INT? Are you sprinting during fights or what? You really need to roll a wizzy or some other T1 DPS class if your so concered about numbers.
  12. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

I am concerned about numbers because thats the way things die. As I said, we arent a large guild and do what most cant with we have based on skill. the EQ2 necro requires little skill and alot of button mashing. I am not looking for another game, so thats out of the exscuse box. I just want to know why we are not the class thats advertised and why people are so ashamed to admit it. Why do I compare EQ1 and EQ2? because in EQ1 my necro was the bomb. I could snare, root and do sick DPS, all the while fearing and FDing if I needed to. I was primary puller alot of times, I was primary DPs alot of times, short or longs fights but boy did we shine in the long fights. I never ran out of mana and no, I dont sprint around.

I wonder why the devs from the same company decided to make such a vicious turn around with my beloved class. This is not the necro I played in EQ. FAR from it. I understand game mechanics and realise my EQ1 necro is long gone. but that doenst mean that my current necro cannot be the badass that he should be.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dzenis Guest

Sounds like this Necro was just auto attacking with the pet and nothing else. Necro's are one of the best DPS classes in the game right now. We actually need a nerf.

SFU please.
    Message Edited by Dzenis on 09-19-2006 10:13 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-dj_krztoff Guest

Someone lied to you, or you're lieing to yourself ... either way, I agree with the previous post that suggests you delete your account and move on. Either you fecked up your parse, or he was doing little more than auto-attacking (unbuffed at that). At lvl 53 I can do 800dps on occasion, and our guild's lvl 70 necro usually does around 1200-1300dps in-raid (even more than my assassin on the long fights). You know what they say about making assumptions ... it makes an @55 out of you and ... well just you.
  15. ARCHIVED-johnathanbtn Guest

There is no way a necro can be low on power with lich on, even at adept 1. I am spamming a spell every second to proc lich, and my power is nowhere near 75 percent after a fight. Even on raid where the fight take about 4 or 5 minute. On a fight like bonesnapper and elemental warder is the only time i have ever tap my pet, if you are tapping your pets on short group fight, you are doing something wrong. And what server are you on? if you are on mine, come group with me.
    Message Edited by johnathanbtn on 09-19-2006 11:27 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Yea, I'm calling BS too, I remember having the 1% lich power regen and I still never ran out...at that level it was even still good to wear GEBs and use the prismatic wand...you sure you keep the buff on?

And if you're on Mistmoore please shoot me a tell and I'll gladly go on an instance run with you to further prove the DPS ability...I'll even let my pet do the work alone and show you how that 250 parse was fubared.
  17. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

Thanks for the insight, dj_krztoff . Let me start this by saying I have forgotten more about games than you will ever know. Stop with the BS of delete your account. If you have nothing more to add, please move along. This thread was about investing my time to play something that is not substantiated and to let newer players realise that this may not be the end game class they thought.

If in fact you have seen a necro do 1200+ dps, please post a screenshot of the parse. You can go to every class section and read the treads of their insane DPs yet I have run the parser and do not see this. So from here on out, put up or shut up in my opinion.
  18. ARCHIVED-Galerius Antoninus Guest

Funny I'm always at the top of the dps parses when I play in a group, I'm guessing you and your guildmates aren't as adept as you would like to think. Also as for running out of power? You're kidding me right, I have not run out of power EVER since hitting the 50's. I recommend following this link http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=22377
    Message Edited by Galerius Antoninus on 09-19-2006 12:09 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Sic Boy Guest

I'm tired of you holding onto such a horrible defense as "I saw one Necro do bad and I swear that he's uber". I'm a raiding 70 Necro in the most advanced raiding guild on Nagafen and if I parse under 1k it's because I was on a beer run during the fight. I normally parse around 1.4k and depending on the situation can hit as high as 2k on Boss encounters. Since you asked for proof I'm going to oblige you. Normally other guild members run the Parse so I'm downloading one now and I'll take the appropriate screen shots while out with them tonight.
    To the people the OP was originally targeting, Necros rock, and I very commonly have other classes saying they wish they had rolled one instead because they love all the crazy [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] I can do with mine. What other class can top out on DPS while still having things like fear, root, stun, snare, feign death, rez, heal(self & others), charm, invis, debuff and my personal favorite Group Skele illusion. My all time enjoyable moment was topping out Undead Tide with a charmed pet and my normal pet and popping off swarm pet and awaken grave, NO other class can get 18 pets on a mob at one time :smileysurprised:
    Jhonas
    70 Necromancer
    Havoc, Nagafen... No I don't want a real sig
  20. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

(See next page for parse as we only need one example to prove to the disbelieving necro)
    Message Edited by Jasuo on 09-19-2006 12:58 PM
    Message Edited by Jasuo on 09-21-2006 07:27 PM