Pack Pony and Harvesting Goblin BUG

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Quantitative, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Kiry Active Member

Still having this problem on my Inquisitor and only on the Inquisitor, just sent the Goblin out now and put him away and he cannot be re-summoned for 12 hrs, 5 points are spent in the ability and I have not changed specs since the last time it was sent.
  2. Kahonen Active Member

Thinking about it, I haven't seen my harvesting goblin since this ExPack went live. I think maybe he's gone on vacation without telling me. Boy, is he in for a slap when he gets back :(
  3. isest Active Member

I have 3 toons that constantly have the 12 hour problem. I cast him get stuff, tell him to go get more stuff, then dismiss him. It is always the same 3 toons. Redoing prestige points did not fix it. All my casters have the problem my coercer, warlock and wizard. None of my other toons have it and they are all set up with the same tradeskill prestige points.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

My girlfriend is having the same issue with her goblin on one of her toons, I think hers is an inquisitor, too. I'll ask her when she wakes up haha.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

The only way I could fix this when it happened to me was to go into the TS prestige tab, clear all the points spent, then save it as an empty template. After I went back into the blank page and respent all the points again, the goblin stopped counting down 10k seconds until the next time I could summon him. He recasted instantly, as the 5 points spent should be able to.
  6. Kiry Active Member

I'll try that, thanks :) .
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Oh, now that's an interesting observation. I think that since the goblin was added to the game the only one of my characters who has had this problem after the initial "fix" for it is my inquisitor.
  8. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yes my gf confirms it's one of her inquisitors that had this issue. She also had the bug with another toon but she can't remember what the class is, but it too may be an inquisitor haha. We have 2 accounts each, 9 crafters each, so yeah. :p
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm having goblin bugs and its not on an inquisitor. It doesn't matter how many points are allocated, when they are allocated, if I zone, if I don't zone, if I dismiss it, if I don't dismiss it, or any other thing that's been suggested. They just randomly bug out and then can't be used for hours or days. I hope someday they become as reliable as the pony.
  10. Curmudgeon Active Member

Out of 9 characters with the goblin, only my jewelcrafter has had this bug, but he's got it permanent. The only differnce between them is when first leveling he summoned the goblin at rank 1. Somewhere that got locked in and it's been 12hr CD ever since, even at rank 5. All the others waited till r5 to summon, have had no problems.
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'd like to see it fixed too. I'd even be happy with it being the weekly feature.
    Visine likes this.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It might help to describe exactly what factors are in play. For my toons, once I've collected the mats and instructed them to get more resources, I dismiss my goblin and pony before zoning anywhere and I haven't had an issue with resummoning them. That suggests that it is a specific confluence of factors (or at least a limited set of them) causing the problem.
    Spindle likes this.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

So for most people if they load a new profile with 5 points in the goblin and zone the problem gets fixed. For a few people this doesn't work. Maybe because its a complicated issue that deals with multiple layers of code. Maybe because they can't follow simple instructions. I honestly don't know because I don't have this problem, and I've talked a dozen people through it and its been fixed for them.

And that guy in /crafting that says it doesn't work no matter how many times he tries it. I always wonder about that.

The point is until QA can reproduce the bug it isn't likely to get fixed. If you know how to reproduce it (which I doubt anyone does) /bug it. Also throw Customer Service a petition. Maybe if they reset your character's prestige abilities it will work. Who knows?
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Visine New Member

It happens on two of my characters a lot more than the others almost daily with them. The others not as much and a couple it has never to. The problem has been going on for a very longtime it is very frustrating now more than ever because im trying to gather up the new tier.

I have tried to click it off before logging out

I have tried leaving it out and just staying in the guild hall

I tried staying in moores

When I get the 12 hour recast I have tried changing my aa’s around it does not seem to work.
    Kakra likes this.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

Once you have the recast timer going, changing your prestige points around won't change the time its going to take to refresh. What I said earlier should fix it the next time you use the goblin (assuming you don't play with your prestige points again before you use the goblin).

Zoning should make the changes take effect immediately. Like I just said, it won't get rid of the refresh time. But if you haven't used the goblin (you have no timer in effect), setting the prestige ability and then zoning should make it work according to your settings. If you don't zone after manually buying the goblin harvester prestige ability it could actually use a lesser version of the prestige ability because the computer hasn't fully updated to your current build.

Whatever you do, do not unspend the points and then log out. That would mean you log in with no ability and you'd need to buy it and zone when you log in. Instead have the build you want when you log out.