Pack ponies won't be able to collect new tier?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Xillean Well-Known Member

Well apparently the golbin bush gives an assortment of new common mats, and a chance at new rares along with the shadweave rare. I just got through my 9 crafters and I have to admit this a decent compromise of sorts, I still want to see the guild harvesters updated for common mats and look forward to upgrading the pack pony (even though I really want to harm Qho at this point) but I have to admit this is a lot better then nothing at all.
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  2. Nixer Active Member

Ok the thread is about pack ponies not being able to harvest the new mats - and it would be nice if they could - but there is a work-around of sorts. Completion of the KA TS sig line opens up the harvest plant you get from sacrificing, er excuse me, liberating the gathering goblin. That harvest plant gives a good assortment of the new mats and even an occasional rare too :)

Rumor pervades online chat that devs say that other harvesters will someday be able to get the new mats too - that implies that the ponies and guild harvesters may be upgraded at some later point.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

So you can do the same thing as with pack ponies lol, just at a reduced rate although it gives you a descent amount. Hmm wonder what I can do with all my friends together with 36 bushes.. dominate the market.. that's what. Really, way to sneak this in there to try and calm down the people, but I STILL HAD TO RUN QUESTS AND HARVEST BACK WHEN NODES GAVE ONE ITEM EACH, this should be upgraded, not when the TS line is in but when the xpac went live. Guild harvesters will have to be put away to not waste that status lol.. /sigh I really think you guys just like to see how many people you can make quit.
    Tkia likes this.
  4. Yado Active Member

Well after being in PoM since the servers came back online with the Live Xpac, I can say I had 0 problems finding nodes in which to harvest I got

deadly mushroom, 59
    etherium,256
    gnarled entwood, 258
    golden ember,85
    greatmole meat,139
    nightmare cichlid,31
    plumewit hide,154
    rock fern,127
    storm stalk, 241

My main focus was questing I just grabbed a node if it happened to be near at the time and I did that a lot. I really don't see where the lack of pony or guild harvesters is going to make that great of an impact people have thought myself included.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't find changing the plants to give more harvests as a decent compromise. Not until we can put the plants into our guild hall anyways. I don't know why we can't put them or the tradeskill epic weapons in our guild halls anyways, as that's where most (not all, but most) people do their crafting at. I'm still looking for pack ponies to be upgraded.
    Tkia, Rynda and Tekka like this.
  6. knine Well-Known Member

Split that out to your multiple tradeskillers or one and let me know how many levels you get. The ponies were/are there to supplement as well as the guild harvesters so we dont' have to spend all day harvesting to make levels or we could go adventure and harvest as we go and then come back to having harvests ready for pickup.
    Rynda and Merriel like this.
  7. Sudedor Well-Known Member

This is SOOOOOOOOOOO not an issue. So completely not an issue. A "real" person can harvest more in 10 minutes than the Pony harvests in one cycle. It is no longer speculation, but fact. Oh, and stacks now go to like 800, so you can get even more in your bags. The nodes are plentiful and there were FIFTEEN instances of Plane of Magic on Maj'Dul before the servers went down.
    BNB82, Sejreia and Yado like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

16 instances :D
  9. Yado Active Member

Right on. I agree 1000% and I was wary of the lack of an update for the goblin, ponies, and guild harvesters. I do get why people including my self would have their feelings hurt that the ponies are not real relevant ATM. It takes a lot of work getting one.
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Sure, I understand that. It was a lot of annoyance to get those things - I have them on most of my 9 formerly max level crafters. But they are not and will not be the reason for material shortages, which is the primary argument that people keep using to float this leaky boat. I think most people realize that the argument which says it was a lot of work to get therefore it should be updated is a super weak one, and thus gravitate to the other argument about material shortages.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

The pony is just a part of the equation that got focused on.

The anger stems from the fact there are no tradeskill quests. No tradeskill timeline. No updates to rewards folks earned and amenities that are paid for until...sometime. You know, whenever, in the expansion cycle.

If they didn't have time to develop those things properly before the expansion, how will they have the time after when they're still fixing KA and BG issues, and now have a whole new expansion to deal with - well half of one anyhow.

I think that crafters have perfectly valid reasons to be upset and concerned, nor do I blame those who have chosen to hold off on an expansion purchase until, you know, sometime later in the expansion cycle when things shape up.
    Tkia, Lucus, Ceyllynn and 2 others like this.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

The primary argument is that they are an item you get from a quest and have increased each tier no questions asked. They are used to supplement, never reason for material shortages. TS dev moves on and they toss it to the way side. They want you to get out and explore the world lol.. there are people almost max level again if not already and I'm going to guess about halfway through the sig line already. The plane of magic is the size of one island in Phantom sea lol.. DEV's whole reason was this... caith said they wanted people to get out and explore and enjoy the xpac. Well since you've got maxxed people already, you think they've enjoyed it enough to put guild harvesters back in and upgrade the ponies before you get the TS line in. :) IF anyone's point is weak, it starts with the DEVs. Next thing we'll be told is because we said so lol, but I guess it is there game, and not the customers :)
    Rynda and Merriel like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are many places with little or no aggro, but you do have to be careful, because the aggro mobs do move. It is absolutely doable.
  14. Chillispike Active Member

From: http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g706&menustr=115000000000

Harvester NPCs

The news on the harvester upgrades is a bit of a mixed bag, and I'm going to let Caith explain it:
    The goblin will not be getting any more updates.
    The Kunark Ascending houseplant will be updated to offer a reward from the new tier of harvests.
    The Artisan's Pack Pony will not be updated until the crafting timeline goes in.
    We do not have any plans to update the guild harvesters until later in the expansion cycle.
    For the most part, we want players out and experiencing the content in the expansion zones, not cycling through a dozen (or more) alts sending out NPC harvesters, at the very least at the start of the expansion cycle. While harvesting is more difficult at lower level, and should be, there should be plenty of spots where you can avoid the NPC's to harvest. The increase in harvest node spawn-rate should also help with that.
  15. knine Well-Known Member

This is old news and still not the point. People will be max TS by the time the line goes in and by the time the harvesters get updated. Whats the point then.

People already maxxed and probably through the sig line in one day. Is that experiencing the content enough??. You update a house plant that gives out raws, but you can't do the same for ponies, until the TS line goes in (we don't know when that is), and guild harvesters basically until you want to (later in the expansion cycle).
    It really makes it bad that they updated the plant, which was placed in game to replace goblin, but didn't get the other two on opening because of the above excuse. Read between the lines. They will place it in game when they feel its right.
  16. Chillispike Active Member

Oh sorry, i don't have a problem with that pony at all. I'm actually somewhat happy that we can put some effort in. Even if the Pony and the harvesters would collect the stuff .. you still would have to go out and harvest your self because they can't up with a guild grinding the tradeskillers.
    If you use the goblin buff you can harvest really quick while doing the questlines.

No matter which expansion so far .. if you wanna grind the TS up you need to go harvest, that is my expierence with it.

Just a date for the TS signature line would be nice.
  17. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Another question: are there Advanced TS recipe books, and if so, how are they obtained? Because if the answer is "drop only until the TS line comes in", yet another reason not to buy until the TS line comes in.
    Tkia likes this.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

Yes there are and so far Ive only seen them be drops, doesn't mean there isn't a merchant just that I personally haven't found one but can confirm they are dropping at least.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

I saw an advanced carpenter book linked last night, 106 I think. It had 2 items in it: one was a recolor of the decorative dragon skull from carpenter essentials volume 92 (which I think is a right side up version of the luckless wyvern skull from celebrations of the dead volume IX), and a control panel done in the PoI tinker style.

The level 40 and 60 range advanced books have been such a joy for carpenters to obtain on the live servers over the years, perhaps they decided to revisit it for everyone! YAY!
    Lysia and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Lysia Active Member

ok I have read in very reliable sources -- and here --- that pack ponies would be upgraded when the PoP TS quest line went in ----- all I can say is --- wow..... not a good wow ... just wow ....
    I will not be going through the process of getting any more ponies if THAT is the upgrade ( and it appears it is ) ----
    I will stop at the cloak, I have two ponies already, not any need for more .... thanks for taking away one of the reasons I play --
    quest line for the ponies were long but fun --- just not any reason for them anymore really ....
    Tkia, Iglu, Argosunited and 7 others like this.