Pack ponies won't be able to collect new tier?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Nov 1, 2017.

1. knine Well-Known Member

Devs, please listen to your player base. 14 Pages and over 200 plus replies. Yes some are trolls lol, but the TS community is upset about this. The thread on BETA was saying the same thing with harvesting numbers included. Please include the upgraded tier for ponies and harvesters upon release, listen to your player base.
    Mindsway, Ceyllynn, Ratala and 6 others like this.
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

I have felt the need to add my voice to the TS community to please update the pony, take away the rares from it if you must but at least let it get normal mats. I lead the top crafting guild on Skyfire, we are proud to be a crafting guild and I asked everyone if any solely relied on the pack pony or harvester and all I got was disbelief and laughter that anyone could and still craft. The pony and harvester have been a nice perk for years but no crafter who actually makes items and especially those who do so to play the auction house are relying just on ponies/harvester, I am always out harvesting as time allows for rares and mats, so are many in my guild and many everywhere.

I dont even mind if its not there at start or we have to do some kind of quest to upgrade the pony, I get that, but please dont just leave them without letting us update them somehow.
    Laaw, Ceyllynn, Ratala and 4 others like this.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

The pack pony will get updated when they eventually put in the TS line. There is no ETA on this though so you will have to grind writs. The bush will give new rares. The guild harvesters has no plan on updating them until mid expac.. maybe. All horrible decisions and totally against what the player base wants, but who are we but paying customers.
    Laaw, Ceyllynn, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  4. Xillean Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but its becoming harder and harder to stay with eq2 and Ive been here 10 years :/

Edit: Wanted to say thanks for your update though, im just in disbelief that the guild harvester wont even be updated until mid epxac maybe. I dont even have words for all of this, well I do but I dont fancy getting banned at the moment.
    Ceyllynn, Prissetta and Rynda like this.
  5. Nixer Active Member

I understand much of the TS has been pushed off to post-launch. And this where we the players have to invest a certain amount of trust in the folks @ DBG to deliver on what has come to be expected TS content. If the TS content were described, I would feel much more comfortable in placing my trust in DBG. However, I have seen many nuances of gameplay change over the last couple of years and not being addressed, that causes me much concern in their ability to actually deliver. Subtle things like skill research frequently misbehaving, constant bounces from zone-in attempts, dev comments saying it's not an issue, etc... So, we now have a situation where we need to continue to 'trust' the production folks to make decisions that affect our TS without any real definition of what that TS entails. Sure, I see notes about crafting new Adornments. I've looked at the jewelry TS recipes and noticed many issues that I reported. But a major shift in how mats are obtained that brings us back to launch day 2004 where you were lucky to find harvest nodes and much less be able to get one before someone came and ganked the one you were just about standing in front of from you seems like a huge fall downhill for crafters; sure it will make the griefer folks happy that they have a new way to grief folks. So to keep my pre-order active at this point is now causing me much concern. I do hope I can find a reason to continue before COB Monday November 27th, 2017.

Thank you and have a nice day :confused: .
    Ceyllynn, Xillean and Rynda like this.
  6. Sinhika Well-Known Member

So, does anyone know if low-level adventurer/level 100 crafter toons can harvest in this zone? Was the Denmother able to check that out? I am primarily a crafter/decorator and don't bother to adventure much.

One thing the information in this thread has convinced me of: I'm not going to buy the expansion until the TS quest line comes in and my pack pony gets upgraded. There's no point in buying it if there is no content for me. If you make what I enjoy about this game sufficiently unfun, there are other games.
    Tkia, Rynda, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  7. Alittlerusty Member

Low lvl will get your backend handed to you , so NO safe spots .
    Hmmm to think of it there is below the well north side I think it is may be safe if not camped 24/7 by broker bots..
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think Denmum did create a low level and was able to find a few spots to harvest if you're very careful. Problem will be that overland harvesting, in a single small zone, is the only way for crafters to get harvests, so those who are high level crafters/low level adventurers will be at a considerable disadvantage and have no other alternative.
  9. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well, first they made everyone have to be a crafter with KA and now they want to make it extremely difficult for those of us who have always been crafters. I'm very disappointed in the TS (or lack thereof) in the new xpac. I have 12 or so max level crafters but don't have ponies on all of them and never used what I do have (gobbies and ponies) 'revolving door style'. I really don't want to fight for nodes or see tons of over priced botted mats on the broker. Starting with KA, DBG took away what was special about crafters and now they just want to throw us to the wolves, well no thats too much effort, they are just going to let us die a slow death from boredom due to lack of content and available mats.
    Ceyllynn, Rynda, Ratala and 2 others like this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

if I have to do it on a low level I have friends who will body guard her while she does it.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Indigo New Member

I hate PvP, so I won't be getting the expansion.

For me, it seems obvious that the reason the pony and harvesters won't be updated is because they auto-update even if you don't have the expansion. They want you to buy the expansion to be able to get the new resources. I'm most likely not the only one who have spare accounts that I could get ponies on without buying the expansion. The pony will require the expansion when it updates through a questline or similar, which is fine.

This does not excuse making contested harvesting the only option, though. If one of the instances could be used to harvest in peace and quiet, that'd be enough for me.

I was hoping until the last moment, that they would add respawning nodes to an instance, but it seems not.

Of course they don't consider the pony an exploit, or they wouldn't be upgrading it later on. They just want people to buy the expansion, which is understandable.

I have no problem with waiting for a possible TS questline later on, without Domino that wasn't surprising. She was missing for the Ethernere expansion and there was zero TS content in that one. But to have to fight with the whole server over basic mats, no that's too much.
    Prissetta and Rynda like this.
  12. Chillispike Active Member

In the beta even the fuels where missing at the merchants, i'm optimistic that the pony and the goblin will be able harvest the new tier as well. maybe after some TS quests which is totaly fine, coz you ain't grind to 110 with rush orders alone like it was in the beta.
    I suggest to wait till the expansion actually comes live and because what Roshen said: "This is a beta build of the expansion, and things you see on the beta server are subject to change."

my 2cp
  13. Sucha Active Member

I am one of those that think the goblin/pony should still be able to get common mats in the new tier but I do have to say we should have seen this coming when they pushed put in the quests to get the plant, thus doing away with the goblin as a harvester (and making it instead give you a buff to harvesting speed). They started doing away with the auto-harvesters then.
    Rynda likes this.
  14. Laaw Well-Known Member

all I want from my ponies is common mats to craft, it is essential, especially early on. the servers will be loaded with players. some will harvest just for plat. Making game play impossible for crafters
    Tkia, Rynda and Spindle like this.
  15. BNB82 New Member

I know my opinion will not be popular but I trust that this forum can handle more than just one point of view. The lack of gathering pony/goblin really doesn't bother me much. The goblin change in KA was a fun quest and the buff is quite useful. I've always enjoyed harvesting as it is a nice way to explore the game, find named mobs that I normally wouldn't bother with, and collect so many shinies. I've always used the pony as a supplemental and it really is unnecessary. I guess I look at it in comparison to Minecraft and the folks who prefer creative mode vs. adventure mode. I've never enjoyed creative mode as it was never a challenge and therefore boring. The same is true for EQ2 and the added challenge is welcomed.
    Sejreia and Laaw like this.
  16. Sambril Well-Known Member

I did the TS beta reward on my 42 pally - I was able to harvest the rares by dodging mobs quite successfully - no deaths. The plains have agro cats and birds but they tend to stick to the rocks and the marshes seemed quite safe. As always with a lowbie harvester keep your eyes open!
    Sejreia and Prissetta like this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

If they want people to buy the expansion they have to put some content in it that we want to play.
  18. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I don't think this is about correcting how people play the game or getting people to buy the expansion. I think this is about making excuses for not having the content done and slowing the players down until they can get around to finishing the expansion.
    Mindsway, Quillyne, Xillean and 5 others like this.
  19. Laaw Well-Known Member

ok no complaints
  20. Lisiana Member

new and unusual ways for that lil bald pain in the butt to torment us! someone should get a kick out of that. seriously I would be on board to do a new quest line if needed also but I will sorely miss my poneys and guild hall harvesters