Duplicate Overseer rewards stacking on a daily basis only. (Ingots, frags of planar energy, etc.)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cassta, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

I have been able to recreate this on all my toons on Skyfire server.

All newly received Overseer rewards of ingots, fragments of planar energy, infusers, barding slots and dragonhide mount recipes (likely all mount recipes) are not stacking with ones received before. I could not stack these yesterday with those from the day before. Today I am not able to stack new ones with the ones from yesterday or from days before. I strongly suspect I will not be able to stack new ones from tomorrow with any older versions. This is a major problem for me b/c I store all these items in my shared bank. If these continue to stack on a daily basis only I will be filling up multiple shared bank slots. All these items stacked before with no issue. The problem started 8-31-2020. I hoped today's patch would fix it, however, it did not.
    Juraiya, Svenone, Carynn and 3 others like this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

I march to my own drummer and usually do not care what others think. That being said, I do not want to be the cause of your physical pain. If you wish to keep me on ignore it is up to you. You are welcome.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

4. Cassta Well-Known Member

My prior post was before I attempted to change the color for you. It would not let me edit the original post. If you know a way please let me know. I was however able to change the color in a reply to help you. Thank you.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

While that's entirely your choice you might want to remember that this is a forum and the general purpose of a forum is to communicate. Posting in a manner that your audience finds illegible isn't really going to communicate very much and seems a bit pointless.

Oh, and if those items have loot timers attached they won't stack until the timer runs out. That problem has already been posted somewhere.
    Cassta likes this.
  6. RedBB Active Member

It is all crate types. Inventory fills up fast as nothing stacks right now coming out of them unless they came out of the same set at time of pickup. If you get 20 crates, most items out of that 20 will stack. But if you buy another set, say 10, items out of that 10 will not stack with the original 20. Or if you buy another set of 20. The second set of 20 will stack with itself but not anything from the first set of 20.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

!!!
    Cassta likes this.
  8. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this bug. Has happened with overseer items plus some items from the daily green crates and the new blood crates
    Also Essences of Chaos are tagged with a temporary trade restriction. No idea if that is bug. If not no idea why it would be tagged that way.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

@Cassta I see nothing wrong with your font color, I think it's pretty :)
    Cassta likes this.
  10. Cassta Well-Known Member

Tikia, thank you for your advice. Your choice of wording was not rude or hurtful, which I am thankful for. I did try to change the color to help others, which is all I can do. Regarding your response to the actual post, they do not have loot times. Per the bug forum posting guidelines I did a search prior to posting; there was no thread regarding this issue, as it did not involve loot timers.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you RedBB! Based on your reply I double checked and you are correct, it is crate rewards. Besides my overseer rewards, I opened some crates from the MP (I am never going to get that familiar or merc! lol) and found what you described is exactly what is happening. Hopefully the dev monitoring will see this and get a better understanding then the description in my post.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa, I double checked and RedBB is right. It did it to me on my MP crates too. :eek:
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Cassta Well-Known Member

jbc1948, I found the same thing as you and RedBB. I also got one Essence of Chaos which for some reason was tagged with a temp trade restriction. The other items did not have any type of trade timer, just the stacking issue. Thank you, it is good to know other people experienced it and I am not going crazy. :D
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Essence of Chaos now has a temporary trade restriction? I've gotten several, and they didn't have it at the time so I was able to dump them in my depot. (If we're talking about the same thing.) Haven't gotten any in the past week or so, so if that's when the change was made, it's a bit of a surprise to me.

The question becomes: Why? Why make them temporarily no-trade? What exactly is the point of that?
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Breanna! I appreciate your support more than you realize. Pink is my thing, but the actual pink available is so light it is very difficult to read. So, I went for the next best thing, fuchsia. :D I do understand the poster's comments and attempted to make the color darker. I have continued with the darker color in the rest of thread. However, when I post comments on other's threads I will be returning to my "signature" fuchsia. Color makes the world a happier place! :p
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Cassta Well-Known Member

My prior ones did not have it either Juraiya. This is one I got within the past few days. I have only gotten the one and do not know if it is a bug or a perm change. If a change I ask the same question, why? o_O
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

I got a few more Essence of Chaos yesterday and today. None of them had a temp trade restriction. I am assuming it has been fixed. :) I have not checked the other items yet.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This is still a thing. The Essences of Chaos that I've been getting from the Overseer quests go into my depots just fine; the Essence of Chaos I got from a Heritage crate today was heirloom, had a timer on it, and isn't stackable. I can't put it in the depot, obviously, because of the Heirloom tag.

This doesn't incentivize me to buy the Heritage crates, when something like this happens. I don't think I'll be buying them again because of this.
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Bluhr Member

I've also noticed these stacking issues between the items granted from the Singing Steel Heritage crates and the new Blood Ember Heritage crates. Specifically the status ingots.
    Juraiya and Cassta like this.
  20. Ratalthor Developer

I am closing this thread because it is a duplicate of this post which was not a bug.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.