Over 500K hit in a SOLO ZONE? REALLY?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This just ain't right. Why is a solo mob equipped with a Erollisi-cursed 550K deathtouch in a SOLO ZONE?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

I've run Faceless Advanced Solo many, many times and have never seen that kind of damage, even in Reckless.

Maybe it's that Venekor has always been dead for me before the script could execute?

Whatever the case, that seems like "Fail Condition" damage, and excessive at that.
  3. Raenius Well-Known Member

Stop complaining and use the tools your paladin has to negate this scripted death touch. ~
  4. Geothe Active Member

Follow scripts.
    Thats a fail condition.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That was just painful. It blew through my shield, Demonstration of Faith, and Stonewall. Which was hardly expected. I got it the next try, but sheesh!
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Touch of the Shadowrach is a scripted deathtouch it occurs just after Venekor emotes "Satisfy me.... with your screams!" It has about a 2-3 second cast time and I know Profit UI has a hidden option to see enemy cast bars if you input the command... which I forgot (why I made macro's :D).

As a Paladin you can survive this once using Divine Favor (I don't think it ticks). You also have Wall of Stone because that is by far more than 20% of your max HP. You also have Faith which reflects 100% damage unlike Legionnaires Conviction which only reflects part of it.
  7. Thand Well-Known Member

Balen thul is Worse and it seems to be timed with no Text warning. When he turns red you have like 10 seconds to kill him or he does a Zone wide ae for aprox 2.5 million
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Really? I never have seen it. That must be a long time limit. I know he has a very, very wide arc-attack that deals Death-Touch style damages. It shows up on the ground though if you have Particle Effects up high enough.

Edit: Also did we diverge off the Solo zone into Heroic?
  9. Chronus Active Member

Baelon's one touch thing was a huge red circle on the floor I thought. Or maybe that is only the heroic.
  10. Lempo Well-Known Member

say what?
    What is excessive about it?
  11. Tylia Well-Known Member

I agree, it's annoying but I don't think it's excessive. It's a script. If you follow it and do what you are supposed to do, you can be successful. On Venekor's red text, move in under his belly (between his two front legs) until the AoE goes off and then move back out. (Just like in Heroic).

For Baelon, I have never had a problem as long as I am fighting him in the middle of the circle, between his legs. He will stay in position in the center of the circle. Scripted fights really aren't that bad once you learn them. ;)
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Baelon's touch is over 2 MILLION.

If you play in first person you miss most of the 'visual' cues to ANY of these dumb scripts.

And his red circle is so big it can be across your entire screen if you aren't at the exact correct angle.

Not nearly as bad as the last guy in sleeper's tomb solo which is just a train wreck. But venekor has no clear indication of where the breath weapon is supposedly coming from or where its going.

They seriously need to remove this raid script crap from the solo zones.
  13. Chronus Active Member

Well with venekor if you stand on his tail you're gonna be out of it, plus all the fighters and priests who may have less dps and be unable to kill it before it goes off have a deathsave or stoneskin they can use to prevent the death.

I do agree Baelon's circle is too big to see though and should be made smaller in solo (in heroic just use bladedance + tank prevent).
  14. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Not the Death Touch; the 548k hit.

Who in Norrath has 548k hp's?

That's what's excessive about it.

They might as well make it ten million, since anything over 150k is going to kill any one.
  15. Eileithia Active Member

Both Venekor and Baelon are scripted and both are extremely easy.

Venekor - Audible emote "Satisfy me... With your screams" get behind him, or really far away from him in front (It's a frontal cone AE) He doesn't move or turn in this phase. You don't even need to pay attention to anything visually if you have your sound turned on.

Baelon - HALF the floor turns red, be on the other half. Honestly Baelon is free loot in the AS version as nothing else happens, he doesn't even hit you. (Or at least doesn't seem to). Angle your camera slightly down so you can see the red semi-circle and get out, this is not a hard script unless the visual bugs out.
  16. Rhita Active Member

Thats why its a death touch, Nagafen hit me for 2mil damage one time. Is that excessive? No, its meant to KILL you. Either block it or dodge it. Not that hard.
    Lempo likes this.
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

What difference does it make?
    It is meant to kill, saying it is excessive is a moot point, it probably is not a set value anyway it is probably something like 500% of max health. Making it a set value is the wrong way to do it, because at some point (theoretically) it will stop functioning as intended.
    It also can't be set to do max health +1 in damage because of procs that can increase health, and -1hp you are not dead anyway, you are unconscious.
  18. Draylore Well-Known Member

Quit fixating on the raw # geez. Its designed to be a fail condition that KILLS you....given all the ways in game players have of increasing their health and such.....it has to be coded to come out as some crazy # to ensure it does actually kill anyone that fails.

Its a DRAGON. Where to you think its coming from and going? /boggle

Since the solo zones can give you raid level loot then NO they don't need to remove these 'raid' scripts. Good grief even calling these raid scripts borders on insane.
    Finora and Tylia like this.
  19. Hermmit Active Member

Lol @ this thread. People are actually complaining about the solo zones being too hard!? I'm doing these zones in quest gear and gear I get from these zones. Yah, at first I was like "wtf is up with these one shots?" Then I read the combat logs, npc chat, etc, and problem solved. This game isn't all that hard.
  20. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Solo zones don't give reiad level loot, that is bologna. 160 stat stuff isn't even DoV raid loot, so please.