Over 500K hit in a SOLO ZONE? REALLY?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Luckypsd New Member

I find it complete overkill when a car hits some one at 70mph when hitting them at 50mph does the same thing... of course just like this hit you can open your eyes, see it coming and git the hell outta the way and it's not an issue. That being said it only takes me about 30 seconds to do the fight so I just blow up the car as its approaching me ;)
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

On a different note is there any way to change 'red text' to another color? It is often on a black background which any web designer or graphic designer will tell you is the worst color combination for text.
    Hoosierdaddy likes this.
  3. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Have no idea why this thread is still going, when the OP's question was answered in the first couple of posts, but I understand how people like others to know what they feel on a subject, know matter what that subject may be or how inane their response.

But, yeah. I agree with you about rethinking "red" texts as they often do not contrast sharply enough with many backgrounds. One problem that I find especially annoying is when tanking a mob in close-quarters, say with my back against the wall, it's all I can do to distinguish all of the orange damage numbers above the mob's head from a "red" text. (And, yes. I have third party damage turned off. Still lot of orange numbers floating around.)

The ambient sound accompanying red texts is also often easy to miss between voice chat and the sound of the game. Guess I could watch chat logs, but I'm generally pretty busy keeping my eye out for adds, other group members' health, the threat meter, my remaining power, cooldowns, and a bajillion other things. Suffice to say, a brief red text and slight ambient sound is easy to miss.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't think of that.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Would you like to be 1-shot more softly next time?

If you can't see the mobs sounds like a personal problem. Look up maybe? I dunno what to tell you.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, I guess you should hope they never make us fight Quarm again.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Big mobs don't bother me... not worried.