Ossuary: The Altar of Malice Construct of Malice rewards

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Clevemo, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Clevemo Active Member

Are there other myth helms besides the cloth one?
  2. Yoube Active Member

Not for you :eek:
  3. Duele Active Member

Should it...
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I am fairly certain the loot table has

Myth Cloth Helm
    Myth Shield
    Myth Dagger

A little something for everyone!
  5. Widem Active Member

I'm all for telling cleve to shut up, but this is worse than cleve's post.

Cloth helm is good, shield is idiotic, dagger is great, healers are wtf?

Different slots for itemization when a myth helm already exists so basically the dagger is the only item that fills a true itemization hole.

Planning is just so hard.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

The shield is still good. Cause protection rating.
    On top of that, it is also great for rangers.
  7. Gninja Developer

We can remove the mythical helm if you think its redundant :) Regardless of public opinion the mythical shield is best in slot... its just not an instant swap out like most people want so they don't have to move stuff around. We aren't looking to make items that will never be replaced that goes against everything in our "hard planning." Lots of planning goes into items like this regardless if you understand the plan and we do realize that these items give little in the way of effects to strict healers. We have some stuff in the works that will give benefit to healers as well as DPSers but we won't be going back and retrofitting these drop tables.
  8. Widem Active Member

I will assume that the addressing such a narrow scope of the table renders the other criticisms to be uncontested.

The fact that you even have to address the shield is still good based upon a stat which is directly tied to tier quality, which bottlenecks itemization progression (ie Drinal Shield), demonstrates the cyclical failure of planning and implementation of itemization. The 2 factors that make the shield good are that it is mythical and level 100 since protection is tied to those variables. Progression now must be made in the form of only ever having mythical shields dropped in progressive raids OR level cap increase.
  9. Gninja Developer

Because a shield drops that is of high protection does NOT mean every shield going forward must now beat or match that shield's protection... That sort of thinking is why we have threads like this. There are going to be items that are "out of progression" usually rare drops or off very difficult to obtain/defeat bosses. "Out of progression" items very likely will not be immediately upgraded the next time content comes out. One correction in your thinking... The equip level of the item has no effect what-so-ever on the protection of the item. Tier and the protection value we set does. Again... Simply because you do not understand our plan does not make it a "cyclical failure of planning and implementation."
  10. Widem Active Member

I sincerely think you need to "plan harder" then. It isn't just an item in and of itself. It is the effects tied to the items. Such as the sigil of the war price. It can be replaced, but only with a more powerful version of itself. The Kerafym Charms effects are the most beneficial until you get those exact upgrades.

Don't think of it as items, think of it as effects. Everyone should have (Great Waters, ((charms in various combo depending on class, Sigil Effect, any Kerafym Line effect (amphasis on attributes) minus bell tols, Salvo for pure dps)) Magical Vulnerability, Tank Stoneskin proc, etc.

These "effects" are nonnegotiable. That's why people still use last xpansions versions of a lot of these items.
  11. Widem Active Member

I wasn't meaning to imply it was an automatically generated number from a premade computation. It could simply be user bias, considering a higher level mythical version always beats out a lower level mythical version on protection value.

If the route you want to go is that you can just increase protection chance at will (which I would have been astonished if you couldn't) then progressive shield with higher protection values will for some undesirable constraints on avoidance.

I do'nt think that is what you will really do, but in not doing so you create an itemization plateau where shields get more powerful at specific rate, then this shield blows everything else out of the water, then itemization remains flat for a long period of time.
  12. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I think sometimes players think an item is bad because they have a Diablo 3-style of looking at an item.

They see what the item "could have rolled" instead of realizing that even though some stat distribution is not "the best possible allotment of stats" that the overall allotment is very strong.

For example: the Myth Hat would be better if instead of max health, the stat allocation was a pure cast speed distribution and could therefore be effectively reforged. But when you add effects like what the shield and hat have, and factor in things like protection rating on the shield, they still end up being "best", just not "mountains above the 2nd best piece".
    Ambi likes this.
  13. Crychtonn Active Member

My guild is no where near to killing these mobs yet. But one thing that could be done is adding the Mythical Bow and Mage/Priest ranged Mythical. I still get aggravated as hell every time I see one of the other Mythical server wide messages for the one and two hander knowing the Mythical I need for my class was made 1000000 times rarer to get.
  14. Gninja Developer

Using that example, if we dropped a very nice item that took a lot of hard work to get (like clearing an expansion then getting lucky on a drop) and it was upgraded at the beginning of the next raid content that comes out does that not diminish the niceness of that item? I know it doesn't on a stat level but if you get something rare or with a very nice unique* effect that no other item of that slot has don't you WANT to have it last for a while?
    Ambi, Genghes and Mogrim like this.
  15. Mogrim Well-Known Member

For example - Hydra Helm wasn't upgraded until the end of ToV Wing 2, and really wasn't REALLY upgraded until you could get a 2nd gem from Wing 3.
  16. Gninja Developer

We obviously don't want to do that with every item slot but having some items that are hard to obtain that last for longer than normal items is a good thing for our "plan"
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

So if I am reading this right, the intention is continue on with the entire end-game item set not having a single healer-focus or healer-primary piece of jewelry?

In case you missed my summary from the other thread...

Now rum cellar is set to have another one of these "incrementing" items, and you can call me a pessimist, but I would bet money at this point on the facts that:

A: there is no healer version.
    B: the version usable by healers is actually better for DPS or Tanks and thereby will go to those classes as "need" loot.

I don't contest that you guys "have a plan". I'm sure you do. But it's not working - at least not for healer itemization.
  18. Widem Active Member

You mean like all of our jewelry from MAW useless at xpac to handcrafted gear?

Ages End x2 (such accomplishment) still being used.

Pirate Kings Great waters still BIS for a healer.

That is a lot to unpack since it isn't a technical question more of a philosophical how do you feel about this question.

You will get 10,000 answers from 10,000 different people. The one thing I will definitively say....if its a luck drop, replace that as early as possible cuz RNG=bad.
    duckster likes this.
  19. Gninja Developer

Like I said above, we are aware of the lack of healer rewarding effects and are working on some stuff for that. To answer your specific issues: Incrementing items are phasing out. Yes, there is one in this campaign but that is 1 as opposed to the many many of the past. There will be more worn effects instead of procing effects including the new belts which are Ill Will/Nox Incessit style with the final version having an effect that works for both healer and dps. If you allow the dps in your guild to outbid you on items that help your healing that sounds like a problem with your DKP system not the item.

When it comes down to it there just arent as many stats that specifically target healers as there are stats that either effects combat arts, spells, or autoattack. But like I said we are looking into some cool stuff to do with healers without getting them back to minor heals providing complete heals.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  20. Gninja Developer

Sounds like you have been camping something for months and keep getting unlucky. RNG has been around in our game (and EQ1) since the beginning. I don't see it going away anytime soon.