On Wizards/Warlocks and Damage Output

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Moorgard, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

Umm.... we still haven't been ungimped ourselves.

The so-called Scout Nerf, is really a cap placed on uber agi stackers to prevent scouts from being able to tank... and it's affecting ALL high agi players, not just scouts.
    On another note, my warlock did manage to evade 5-6 times in a row against a ^^^ blue groupx2 mob last night. so maybe they did level the playing field, and made it so warlocks CAN tank now too! gotta test that out with a bard and some excess buffs.
    Also, since when has your dps been worthless? I assume you are using poisons? if you aren't, that nerf came along in beta, and was dealt with long ago....

grow up kiddies.
  2. ARCHIVED-Erowid Guest

ok, let's go over this gain....since some people have a very closed mind.
    There is no such thing as a raid/group DPS for a class...? Who says..? Did SOE make this announcment... or is this just your miopic belief..?
    To DISPROVE your opinion I used your own agrument against you on the post about the "killed in front of your house" post... That SOE doesnt NOT determine class roles... WE DO, the players..!
    It does not have to be "official" before it's true.... if your waiting for SOE to tell you that SK's or Pally's are Raid DPS... then you will be ignorant of the playstyle that is happening...!! If you had a firm graps of the over-all game and class roles you wouldn't be making ignorant (uneducated) posts as this; " That is just spreading a rumor. It really didn't take long for all the old EQ1 myths and views and opinions to seep into this game." Since you couldn't quantify "old EQ1 myths" as fact... your ignorantly assumed they werent true...! I have no specific instance for what your talking about... but these are YOUR views and opinions... yet your try to state them as FACT.
    At work will reply more later.....

Message Edited by Erowid on 02-03-2005 09:35 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

mobs resist rates are up...so you miss more...i get resisted more...still at the same place we started
  4. ARCHIVED-Glyphic Guest

these last few patches made us suck even more, at 50 i still get resists against green mobs many times
  5. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

Well.....why would SOE decide to decrease damage output on other classes--- why don't you just leave the other classes alone.

Just get Warlocks and Wizards roughly on par with eachother.

But even if that takes a while to do why doesn't SOE just fix the spells currently in the game? Having broken spells really does not allow for the fun you state is a goal for SOE.

Just fix the spells in the meantime and people will be happy while your teams work out these damage issues.

Why can't SOE make all spells great.....does not make any sense to me. If you decide to give a class utilities then make the utilities worth using.

It appears there is a handful of wizards that use the mezz.

There is a handful of wizards that feel they can count on the depart spell as a means of escape.

If this is what SOE has intended to make wizards like ------ does not look like too many people will want to play the class in the future.

STOP NERFING OTHER CLASSES AND CALLING IT BALANCING----- DO YOU REALIZE WHAT AN INCONVENIENCE IT IS TO GET USED TO ONE WAY OF DOING THINGS AND THEN HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING. PEOPLE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS IN EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE ALREADY. CAN'T SOE STICK WITH ONE WAY AND MAINTAIN SOME CONSISTENCY.

This seems amazing to me that none of these issues wheer addressed in the TESTING PHASE of this product.

The mobs you have created at high levels are very difficult already........and few classes can even do any type of damage.

Tell me.....after 50 levels how is it that low level spells hit targets at times that higher level spells do not.- Someone needs to explain this to me.

Why doesn't SOE change the way of looking at things......instead of making the player characters weaker make them stronger and improve them and just add tougher mobs.

But SOE should really consider allowing classes at all levels be effective and fix their broken spells and make each character have the potential to be as efficient as possible.

SOE COULD REALLY MAKE THIS THE MOST AMAZING GAME EVER-------IF YOU JUST FIXED THE SPELLS AND BALANCE CLASSES AND MAKE EACH CLASS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE PROFICIENT WITH THEIR SKILL SET AND ABILITIES AT ALL LEVELS ESPECIALLY HIGH LEVELS.

IF SOE DID THAT PEOPLE WOULD TELL OTHER PEOPLE AND GUESS WHAT --- YOU BEAT THE COMPETITION AND ONCE AGAIN BECOME THE BEST MMO AND PEOPLE WILL STAY AND YOU CAN ATTAIN THE LONGEVITY YOU WANT.

AND STOP BENG VAGUE--- PEOPLE WANT TIME FRAMES OR APPROXIMATIONS. EVEN IF YOU WERE TO SAY WELL IT WILL TAKE THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM 1 YEAR FROM NOW TO COMPLETE THIS OR THAT.

PEOPLE WILL WAIT AROUND---- VAGUENESS IN COMMUNICATION LEADS TO MISINTERPRETATION AND CONFUSION.

I have noticed that you have a history Moorgard of posting and being vague in what you say------ this only make people anxious, upset and frustrated.

People actually really read into your comments and the vagueness throws them off.

This is only a game and it is the people in the game that keep people playing. The graphics are amazing and some of the quests are fun with the exception of the ones that require you to camp for 2-3 hours. But it is the people you meet in the game that make this game.

So why don't you tell your Directors and Managers and Teams think about the customer what are they saying what are their concerns.

So SOE is the only company I have ever seen disregard a good percentage of what the customer base indentified as unsatisfactory.

Take this message and read it...or whatever...but this is the truth and I have been playing since November 2004 and I personally have not seen any significant improvements with the exception of offline selling (that was great idea).

Oh well...........PROTOFLAME IS STILL BROKEN AND IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIX ANY SPELLS OR CLASSES THEN WORK ON RAID MOB MITIGATION FOR WIZARDS.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

=P

Message Edited by Lady Uaelrea on 05-04-2005 02:59 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

BAHHH When was this poseted how come ive never seen this thread?!??!!!!1!!!:smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent::smileysad:

Now for the kicker

"Thank you for taking the time to finally address this issue. Unfortunately there are currently no cases where wizards and warlocks are achieving that goal. Short battles, long battles, solo encounters, multiple mob encounters, etc. all have the wizard lacking in the overall damage output. In addition to the lack of overall damage, we suffer from subpar utility abilites compared to those classes that outdamage us as well as those that dont."

Did this guy miss the part about an app1 vs a master1? Does he even know its possible to upgerad spells:smileysad:

That is the kind of crap posting that has got to stop. If your a lvl 50 with all adept3s please say so or else SU, your giving us a bad name. Last night i was in a CT group with another wizard(46), i dinged 45 during that session. We were getting adds by the dozen, ^^ everything and half the time someone was afk. Well, me and the other wizzy OWNED. If your reading this you knwo who you are we roxored that place didnt we? We had some awomse crowd controll going, were doing awsoem dmg and we were looking pretty cool while doing it. Please dont say out dmg and utility sucks because it saved the hoel freaken day. When non of us were attacking a mob because we were beussy mezing and binding to save others the tank would sit there and whack on the lizard for ever till one of uss started in and would be all over in a matter of second. Obvously, ive never been in a gorup that didnt have any DPS(well duh) but form the looks of it, it would be a slow agonizing prossess.
    Two healers, two wiz, a tank, a monk and 6 even con adds and no one ever died. Blame it on the massive CC and DD of the wizard;)

Sry, im sure this is just one of meny duplicate posts but im sure as hell not guna rumage threw 17pgs of trash, i can decide for my self what it all means.

Edit because im a jerk who cant spell:

"Well.....why would SOE decide to decrease damage output on other classes--- why don't you just leave the other classes alone.

Just get Warlocks and Wizards roughly on par with eachother.

But even if that takes a while to do why doesn't SOE just fix the spells currently in the game? Having broken spells really does not allow for the fun you state is a goal for SOE.

Just fix the spells in the meantime and people will be happy while your teams work out these damage issues.

Why can't SOE make all spells great.....does not make any sense to me. If you decide to give a class utilities then make the utilities worth using.

It appears there is a handful of wizards that use the mezz.

There is a handful of wizards that feel they can count on the depart spell as a means of escape.

If this is what SOE has intended to make wizards like ------ does not look like too many people will want to play the class in the future.

STOP NERFING OTHER CLASSES AND CALLING IT BALANCING----- DO YOU REALIZE WHAT AN INCONVENIENCE IT IS TO GET USED TO ONE WAY OF DOING THINGS AND THEN HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING. PEOPLE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS IN EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE ALREADY. CAN'T SOE STICK WITH ONE WAY AND MAINTAIN SOME CONSISTENCY.

This seems amazing to me that none of these issues wheer addressed in the TESTING PHASE of this product.

The mobs you have created at high levels are very difficult already........and few classes can even do any type of damage.

Tell me.....after 50 levels how is it that low level spells hit targets at times that higher level spells do not.- Someone needs to explain this to me.

Why doesn't SOE change the way of looking at things......instead of making the player characters weaker make them stronger and improve them and just add tougher mobs.

But SOE should really consider allowing classes at all levels be effective and fix their broken spells and make each character have the potential to be as efficient as possible.

SOE COULD REALLY MAKE THIS THE MOST AMAZING GAME EVER-------IF YOU JUST FIXED THE SPELLS AND BALANCE CLASSES AND MAKE EACH CLASS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE PROFICIENT WITH THEIR SKILL SET AND ABILITIES AT ALL LEVELS ESPECIALLY HIGH LEVELS.

IF SOE DID THAT PEOPLE WOULD TELL OTHER PEOPLE AND GUESS WHAT --- YOU BEAT THE COMPETITION AND ONCE AGAIN BECOME THE BEST MMO AND PEOPLE WILL STAY AND YOU CAN ATTAIN THE LONGEVITY YOU WANT.

AND STOP BENG VAGUE--- PEOPLE WANT TIME FRAMES OR APPROXIMATIONS. EVEN IF YOU WERE TO SAY WELL IT WILL TAKE THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM 1 YEAR FROM NOW TO COMPLETE THIS OR THAT.

PEOPLE WILL WAIT AROUND---- VAGUENESS IN COMMUNICATION LEADS TO MISINTERPRETATION AND CONFUSION.

I have noticed that you have a history Moorgard of posting and being vague in what you say------ this only make people anxious, upset and frustrated.

People actually really read into your comments and the vagueness throws them off.

This is only a game and it is the people in the game that keep people playing. The graphics are amazing and some of the quests are fun with the exception of the ones that require you to camp for 2-3 hours. But it is the people you meet in the game that make this game.

So why don't you tell your Directors and Managers and Teams think about the customer what are they saying what are their concerns.

So SOE is the only company I have ever seen disregard a good percentage of what the customer base indentified as unsatisfactory.

Take this message and read it...or whatever...but this is the truth and I have been playing since November 2004 and I personally have not seen any significant improvements with the exception of offline selling (that was great idea).

Oh well...........PROTOFLAME IS STILL BROKEN AND IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIX ANY SPELLS OR CLASSES THEN WORK ON RAID MOB MITIGATION FOR WIZARDS."

This game is a math problem, not a plug and play sex toy. Spells are defined by what ever you added and subtracted, and in an equasion as big a EQ2 im geussing it can be hard to solve for W when there are a ton of other undefined vairables. Sure, devs could just say "make ice comet land on all epic encounters," but plug that into the problem and you have to work it all over again, only to find that its the wrong answer because when "IC lands on all mobs" W=47 when they have already determind W=995.
    Thats a horrible and hard to understand example i know, but i asure you if i was not so lazy and rushed it would be awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Message Edited by Beghard on 05-04-2005 03:46 PM
    Message Edited by Beghard on 05-04-2005 05:13 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

I think this thread resurrection is my fault. I posted a link when I referenced Moorgards initial post as evidence warlock are not supposed to have higher DPS then wizards as some people in that thread seemed to believe. I though I made it clear that many of the issues being discussed 4 months ago when this thread was started had been resolved, (while still pointing out that not everything is quite right yet.)
    Anyway I apologize for the confusion.
  9. ARCHIVED-Binto Guest

this thread lives again!
  10. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

So what? What does that have to do with anything? What lvl was the player in thos pics? Because i saw i 48 solo iceburg today. Stop posting about 2 classes you know nothign about.

"No wizard- even with a prismatic and invoker robe and GEB can do this. If so, please try and let me know what happens."
    You do not have either of those. So dont say it cant happen.
  12. ARCHIVED-Alfgand Guest

"Generally speaking, wizards and warlocks are intended to have the highest overall damage output, with the two subclasses being roughly equivalent to one another. "

This one sentence answers all my questions.....

Thanks
  13. ARCHIVED-OneBadAlien Guest

Moorguard i have lost complete faith in u. 4 months ago u posted on this but yet havent followed up LIKE you should have. Now u have major discontent in this game because u were too lazy to follow things through.
    Its bad enough that u lie to us (frogloks anyone??) but your laziness and lack of help on this matter has ruined the fun for lots of wizards, but u dont care, your too busy spamming the forums about new expansions. u make me sick....
  14. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

Have you ever seen a wizard handle a mob like this.......NO

Did not think so.......end of discussion

As for the poor customer service and communication between SOE and it customer base regarding issues like these: NO COMMENT
    Message Edited by Lady Uaelrea on 05-06-2005 09:37 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-rackman Guest

IS it me or does beghard's post seem to be a secrect incription for the SOE
    soliciting us to go to an exchange server

If anyone makes sense of it please translate
  16. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

I personally do not pay that Beghard any mind- I don't even think he is a wizard.

Actually, I think he is an SOE employee that does not want so many people of the same class on the same page.

By posting in various parts of the boards the community will be made aware and other players can support.

Unfortunately, with the history of the type of people that post here support is rare and it is more likely that attacks will occur. I will never understand why would another class post to another classes forum.

People need to focus on their own class.
  17. ARCHIVED-Trimester Guest

Well, I'm not claiming to be an expert in these things, but when I looked on the EQ2 forums that show the records of highest damage, most quests done, and the like, the top 20 highest magical damage hits were all done by Gaurdians. Now, when I checked, the Guardians were suppose to be the best tank class. So why are they doing the most magical damage? I think there may be some balance issues.
  18. ARCHIVED-SalBluee Guest

Breastplate with Magical Reflection (Shimmering Star Breastplate?) , HO Completion. Those are the reasons.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ironcleaver Guest

Because Gaurdians could be finishing a devistating HO combonation that requires most of the core classes to finish, but since he's the last, he gets the credit.

I group with a 50 Gaurdian, and I, myself, am 42 Wizard, and I far out damage him nearly 98% of the time - by far I mean 2 to 3 times his DPS..

Currently the specials done by "melee" classes are recorded as a magical attack, same as spells... I believe this should be changed to highest "melee" hit and "magic" hit, this would clear up a lot of the confusion.
  20. ARCHIVED-Asterra Guest

I group with Guardians also, from time to time. When they have to tank, their DPS can be pretty low - about what a casual observer might expect of a Guardian, whose class-defining purpose isn't meant to be DPS. But when they're free to do whatever they want, they keep pace with me easily enough. This is no secret to the members of my guild. When they want more DPS on a raid, even if it's not one of the many raids where Wizards are UTTERLY worthless (like Trembling Lagoon or Orcishwastes Caverns), another Guardian is very welcome indeed, and certainly picked by preference over a Wizard.