Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2021.

1. AshianaDragon Member

Hang on here...does this mean that we don't have the chance to get the moving water blocks/tiles recipes on Kaladim?!? That really blows chunks! Recipes should NEVER ever go away for any length of time - they rope in players that wouldn't normally play, they keep housing peeps (like me) interested.

Right up there with not making old expansions available for purchase for the goodies - even at full price. Yes, I'm at it again - for all decorators!!! So many new players that would gladly shell out the $$$ to get old items/recipes/mounts/houses/etcetera, and you lock them out because....they are new(er) and didn't have the chance to buy the previous expacs and their yummy delectables? Why do the developers/publishers not recognize that people want the ability to buy previous collector's/premium editions for the (outdated) perks? How is that going to hurt the long term players?? Any of the stat mounts or stuff like that are so far behind the new ones that it wouldn't make a difference. We really just want the fluffy stuff - recipes, housing, mounts, familiars for their appearances, and not have to buy each item for each character, especially as we sometimes delete a toon to make another. I especially want the expansion that has the Deep water retreat with the housing recipes for waterfalls, but I'm pretty sure I would buy many of the expacs if they were available. Just having a hard time with the present one with the gawd awful blue and orange inside decor. You could even just sell old fluffy stuff packages.

And you are doing this right on the heels of releasing the pvp server - well I see where your priorities lie...not with non-gankers or the decorators, that's for sure. Everything is geared towards the raiders and pvpers now, sigh...another game bites the dust.

Oh yes, it tells new players to go somewhere else and play a different game that doesn't penalize you for being new to the game. New World is hemorrhaging players due to the lack of content and the acute slant towards pvpers. Please learn from their mistake, decorators will pay $$$ for stuff, they always have and always will - just look at what we all pay for our real homes and the plethora of the decorating/remodeling shows.

You've given the pvpers a new home - although I would bet that Tarinax has a max 1 year shelf life (some of the diehards will move to NW just because it's a brand new and graphically gorgeous game as soon as beta releases in a month and full release 1 month later). NW will fail as well, the developers stopped listening to the player base quite awhile ago, their pre-order refund numbers are crazy high.

.Your decorators are here forever <3 Treat us better please, listen to us, we will be paying your paycheque for far longer than Tarinax. Good housing in MMO's is difficult to find - really miss Wildstar...you could have a dungeon on your plot, jumping puzzles, farming nodes coalitions, and the items had no limits for resizing. And, well, they had a dance dance revolution daily, not to mention the heavily sarcastic English guy who would say things like "oooh, look at your shoes - you won't be needing them anymore" when you died in game XD.

Save our decorators, give us our perks, don't take away the moving water blocks recipes...sell us old expacs, we WILL buy them, we will <3 you for it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, instead of finding a nice pearl in each clam could you arrange for them to pop up a huge dial-a-reward board instead? Nice and big, containing 24 clearly labelled buttons so we can select our own pressie from Prexus instead of relying on the whim of a mere God to decide what we get? I think it's the only way to keep everybody happy. Of course you'll have to grow the board by 5 buttons every year since you could never take any off ... :rolleyes: :p
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That last (emphasis mine)? Absolutely freakin' brilliant (as is the rest, but that last sentence just nailed it! :D).

Y'know, if they still have to keep showing the old mounts, houses, etc., that means those old things are still in the "library"; why NOT sell us those as package deals? If a Standard/Default/Basic/Whatever Edition is $35 and the Collector's Edition (which for me would be all I'd care about; the further perks with pricier editions, I don't need [another merc, which I don't use? Another familiar? Training stuff for them? Mount gear? I don't use 'em]; at least in this latest expac, though I'm sure the old ones are similar) is $90, with a difference of $55 between them and 10 additional features, including a merc, familiar, mount, etc., so $5.50 per additional feature. The things I'd be interested in add up to FIVE, so $27.50 for me to get the "old fluff pack" with the house, recipe book for house items, Tradeskill max level token (and yes, devs, that can still be 1x/account, or if we're talking an OLD fluff pack not even included, so four items, for $22), Teleporter, and the Painting, and I'm sure those last two things would vary per Old Fluff Pack.

If this is giving you palpitations, o devs, remember back to the glory days when all we had to do was wait 2 years and we'd get new content for free? Release an Old Decorating Fluff Pack (ODFP) every few years, every year for the old ones and two years from the release of the current one by ADDING their availability. Maybe even start with ToT, which is when the houses and recipe books started, then add Kunark Ascending 1 year later ('cause let's face it, those are so silly old, only decorators would really want those Fluff Packs ;->), then add PoP the next year, then CD, then BoL. After BoL, we could get Reign of Shadows' ODFP in 2023 (minimum), since that would be 2 years after its release date (at least; more like 2026).

Make the offer scalable if you feel the need, o devs; anywhere from $22 to the full $55 difference and all the additional features, though as Ash pointed out, no one will probably care about old mounts and familiars and such except for possibly the appearance of them (actually, decorators would, since you can convert a mount to a house item...). ;->

Hell, release all the old ones at once, do it every year (except two years for the Old Decorating Fluff Pack from the release date of the most recent, initially), and make us choose from among them, but DON'T REMOVE THEM. >:-/ Vault them if you must, only trot them out for our perusal during a certain time of the year (give us something to look forward to between Tinkerfest and Nights of the Dead), but DON'T REMOVE THEM. >:-/

And for the gods' sakes, don't panic about no one buying Collector's Editions any more if you do this. How much of your expac release sales are from pre-orders? How much is from raiders and end-game adventurers who HAVE to have the latest and greatest, in vast quantities ("YES!! TWO Mercs! TWO Familiars! The training stuff for them and uber-mount barding and --") and they HAVE to have it RIGHT NOW?? How often do those worlds and those of us decorators overlap? :-/ Trust me, loveys, you'll still sell a metric ton and a half of Collector's+ Editions. ;->

Or, make it easy on yourselves: pull an Age of Discovery and just put things like the old recipe books and houses up for sale, separately, on the Marketplace (ALL OF THEM). That'd be $5.50 x2, or $11. I'd be willing to spend $15 just for the chance to have them back. :)

And if you lot of devs aren't going to put the "old" expacs on sale any more at the end of their life every year, right before the new expac release? This is the only way you're going to make money off me beyond the Standard Edition; I only started buying Collector's Editions because they went on sale. As it is, with a 50% off sale and me being a Member, I'm only paying like $40 and change for a Collector's Edition (which is sweet. The 25% sale sucked, especially since it pretty much came with no warning and didn't last nearly as long. Make it 35-40% off, and folks [including you lot] will be happier). If you put the furniture recipe books and houses up for sale on the Marketplace, that'd be $35 for the Standard Edition +$15 for the House Pack, or $50 total, which is more than what you're getting from me on a yearly basis re: the expacs. ;-> Heck, I'd be paying more than that, to get the other recipe books and houses that I missed; I'm sure I'd not be alone in that. The more decorators missed, the more they'd buy off the Marketplace, which means -- gasp! :eek: -- NEW PLAYERS would buy it ALL, and be worth it to recruit. There's 5 expacs that are more than two years old that have recipes and houses, x$15, = SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS, plus $35 for the Standard Edition = $110. Boom, one fell swoop. Would that help keep the lights on? :)

Or, barring this, could just sell the old stuff (ALL OF IT, including the recipe books) on Oceansfull merchants and just put the new stuff in the Clams every year. Trust me, decorators also like the "latest and greatest" stuff as well. ;->

Uwk
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

Kaitheel is it intended that the overseer quest from Taffil can reward level 60 harvests for a level 120 toon?
    Just did the first step and got these two reward windows, in order as shown here:
    this is on live btw
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

but the fun about Oceansful is the surprise of what you get .
    I got level 90 to level 99 loot for my level 8 toon , I think the reward should be for the level your Overseer is .
    how would the because how would this simple program know what tradskill level and what other level each toon is .
    I mean I got 20 toons on one of my accounts , and they are all different levels and different kinds of servers , or had computer technology advanced that far already ?
    But I am just a simple older home maker , what do I know . ( don't intend to insult those geniuses out there who chose to stay home to be gods and goddesses of the house )
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, the bonus reward bags? Yeah, it's going by your Overseer level, not your adventure or tradeskill level.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

so im overseer level 30 and im getting level 60 harvestables? seems weird
  8. Kaitheel Developer

No.... that is weird. A level 30 (level cap for season 3) should be getting level 120 harvestables.

Oh! Found it! You got a few extras that were for the TLE server. It's intended to be predicated to their expansion releases, but as this is a live server, that was even more confused. (Tables inside predicated tables inside predicated tables inside predicated tables. Agh!) I'll get that resolved.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

goodness that's mixed up lol , I don't mind getting higher level harvestables always better than the stuff we got for months
    long gone from game level 1 stuff , extinct , obsolete , departed .
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

thank you kaitheel (is it kait heel as in kait the rule breaker, the bad guy as per pro wrestling?)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, Kaitface wouldn't make much sense now, would it? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am still interested in all those building block recipes of former collectors addition houses.
    we got one of the houses offered without anything else. I really want those recipes .
    Is it possible to sell them extra , or in a bundle ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

And my Overseer is level 15 and I am still getting level 0 harvestables sometimes , but at least now it's those that are in game .
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, I briefly wondered about that when I tested, and somewhat assumed it was because it was an event. I got 50-59 stuff with level 21 overseer. I should have posted but lacked the time, as always these days sadly
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

i assume this is the same problem?
    i got 4 collectibles which is WEIRD
    [IMG]
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, the collectibles will randomly show up as well. It sort of floored me the first time it happened. I just got sidetracked after Kaitheel explained about it, so didn't post anything here telling folks about it. :O
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

doesnt seem like the fix made it this patch, just logged on and completed the quest
    [IMG]
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, you are correct. The change did not make its way through QA in time for this last hotfix.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Grandavi Active Member

Supposed to be a today fix...
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

next time my pretty , we will get you next time and your little collectables too .