"nukes" at lvl 28

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Treveur, Aug 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Treveur Guest

i know we're not exactly damage machines...but at lvl 28, all my nukes are grey except for frost which is orange ...i have some master smites of course too...my DoT's are not bad (except for weakness that is also grey)

am i missing something?...do our nukes get a llittle better and more consistently better so that they're not always grey?
  2. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

Basically you will have 3 tools to use... your cold dd, your heat dd (you get that in the early 30's but no upgrade as you lvl), and your cold dot. You have your old smite and your old bug swarm dot that are way grey and under the new combat system you will never use again since HO's will average your spells you put into to see what damage you get out of the HO.
    The 2 dd's recycle quite quickly so there is no real problem chain casting them. Just make sure you land the cold dot first as it bebuffs for heat/cold and you'll get max damage out of your incoming nukes.
    Speaking of our heat dd (summers flame) I sure would like to see a upgrade to that in our 40's in the new spell revamp. Thats would be very nice.
  3. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

hell the damage for Summers (F) Lame is pretty bad, it uses the same power as frost, but does about 60% of the damage, oh and its 6 levels higher that Frost too. Would be nice if it's damage was in line when compared to our other DDs.
  4. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

We get a cold nuke a cold dot and a cold AE each tier (except there is no T5 DoT). We have 1 heat nuke total (I don't remember what level we get it at). The cold dot reduces the elemental resists of your target which is very helpful for the nukes. These spells upgrade very nicely too and I recommend upgrading them if you have the means as it will definitely aid you if you solo.
    Do not expect that your next nuke (Bitter Frost) will be vastly superior to your current one (Frost) at the same level of quality. The way the game works currently is that they scale the same and gradually, similar to our HOTs. The spells will get gradually better as you level assuming you have them at the same quality level.
    As far as the revamp goes the way the devs said it will work is that spells will stop growing and new spell lines will be added to make the progression smoother so what I said above will no longer be true in that case. Of course that's what they're saying now and who knows if that will be the case when the expansion goes live. They've removed many other changes that they implied were core changes so who knows.
  5. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

Frost is lvl 25
    Summers flame is lvl 31
    Just FYI
  6. ARCHIVED-Lopan13 Guest

Joo usin da Frost, joo usin da Cold Snap, dun play wit da fire too much, less joo see an opprotunitee slippin...den hit dem wit da fire.

We'z nar seemin ta hab da big choice, but we'z do have few mo' op-shuns.

As stated, joo git da wun dat hit mo den wun ting, joo git da purty lil buggie swarm, joo git da mastah smites... but joo git ta heal da tank, n yerself, n dat silly egghead finger wigglah dat nar kin control his firepowah...

In conklusion, halfies taste guud.
  7. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Whu? If da silly egghead nar kontrols firepowah..den egghead wuld be DED cuz me nar heel heem.
    :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Maldach Guest

Ooof, if this goes live, I don't see myself taking the Pit Champion down ever again. I wear his **** out with Smite HO's now.
    I still use Stinging Swarm for pulling when I solo. Low power cost and every little bit of damage helps :smileywink:
  9. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

Oh boy, guys I think we lost her to the dark side.
  10. ARCHIVED-Treveur Guest

lol...alright...that's it...i've just seen too much of that spelling...could someone *please* tell me where it comes from...i have no idea because i've never heard before
  11. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

it's troll RP talk, trolls are stopid (troll stupid :smileyvery-happy: ) and cant talk properly, they speak wierdly but it's funny to us civilised smart setient peeps
  12. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

I'm just trying to speak the language of a fellow Warden :) <--twinkly smile

I think I have a pretty good accent, though...
  13. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

yeah it was a good representation, now you have to do a post on your own without using the same words for some of the more inventive things that ching said, and dont try copying his eating habbits, frail high elves get their [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]-whooped easy :smileytongue: how about writing, dat, oops,
    "that tree looks high as when that caster got smacked by a big nasty monster and jumped up big!"
    sorry if that looks wierd but it's early and video games made me do it, killing my imagination :smileyvery-happy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Danluyen Guest

So far at least one upgrade has been added to the stinging swarm line called "Provoking swarm". Not sure if it will continue to get upgraded as a warden, or if it will get replaced with the cold dot line.

Dan
  15. ARCHIVED-kevinlunt Guest

I suggest practicing taking him down without touching smite. I did it, on hardest setting too =p. Kiting styles lol. Just throw on a dot and a slow.. and run like hell. Sometimes gets hard with resists but its a fun fight and you dont have to use smite =)
  16. ARCHIVED-Sophie47 Guest

Treveur
    At 31 frost is very nice, alot better than when I first got it. I use ensnare to pull then start the HO
    then dot ,frost ,HO summers flame frost,etc...
    At each level it hits for a little more. I find that when one goes another is in the pipeline to replace it.
  17. ARCHIVED-3cho Guest

That's how it is on Test now. Although, I'm not sure "smooth" is necessarily the case. I can understand what the dev's are trying to do, but the only thing it's made me do, is avoid purchasing costly spell upgrades. To be 100% honest, Buying even an ap4 of a level 9 spell that will be replaved in 5 levels (and continually doing that) has kind of detremental effect on the wallet.

Usually, I buy the ap2 of a given spell, and then look for cheap ap3's, 4's and ad1's (which are almost non existant due to the low-ish T1 and T2 pop on Test). In one particularly tragic case, I spent som hard earned coin on the regrowth ap4.... only to be grive "Greater Regrowth" two levels later. Greater Regrowth at ap1 out does Regrowth... by a lot... so off the hot bar it went. :(
  18. ARCHIVED-Danluyen Guest

Yes, I havn't bother to upgrade many Tier I and early Tier II spells for the reasons you point out, plus on test it only took 16h's to hit level 20. In Tier III exp has slowed and I am upgrading some to appIV and even adept I if I see the spell, especially since I actually have a bit of money now. There is a cold-snap master available on Test, wish I could afford it. Drool!!
    Although it wouldn't be a great investment since I'd outgrow it pretty quick.
    At 24 I got just got cold-snap which I guess does replace the stinging swarm line as I havn't heard any mention additional upgrades. I went to bed after dinging so I havn't tried cold snap so can't comment on the cast and recast times. Have I mentioned the recast on chill is too long!!
    Dan
  19. ARCHIVED-3cho Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Danluyen Guest

Now on mobs that we have a Creature Mastery spell for we can do some serious damage. I almost feel sorry for those poor gnolls.

I really have two main issues at this point, healing in groups against challenging mobs and the chill recast timer.

Dan
    Message Edited by Danluyen on 08-23-2005 02:02 PM