Now Neutral Class Lore?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Enever, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

DeBasilisk wrote:
    This perspective reminds me of the Federation from Star Trek. Over the course of ToS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and even Enterprise which is suppose to take place before ToS, a very slow but sure change happened to the Federation. At first they started off with the best intentions of keeping peace among many races and planets, but because of rising tensions with other races such as the Klingons, Romulans, Jem'Hadar, and many other militant races has forced the Federation to take a more militant stance themselves. In Star Trek Online, the Federation is now at war with the Klingons (again!), the entire Romulan race has had thier homeworld destroyed and are looking to take out thier frustration on anyone they find, the Cardassians are having a militaristic relapse during their attempts at democratic reform, and Species 8472 (the ones who kicked the Borg's butts in Voyager) have successfully infiltrated every major government in the galaxy and are pulling some strings to influence certain actions from all sides.
    It's not that the Federation has given up on diplomacy, but the current circumstances force them to take up more defensive precautions.

The same can be said of the Assassins in Qeynos. They don't like having to kill people, but they have to in order to prevent a worst case scenario from making things any worse. Times change. Qeynos is still the shining beacon of light that they've become known as in Norrath, but that doesn't mean they're defenseless.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

DeBasilisk wrote:
    True, it does have that chance at an internal corruption. an Eye of Bayle going rogue would be a bad thing. But I don't see them as a secret 'do what it takes' set. they are more like an 'anti-terrorist' team. trained to locate/counter/dispose of other assassins that are not members of the Eye.
    If a Neriak/FP/whatever assassin group get into Qeynos, which means bypassing the guard....and start learning how to take out thier intended targets/target, which means bypassing pretty much every other guild/faction....the Eye of Bayle is supposed to stop them.
    Actually the foiling the assassin quest at the 5th years anniversary event woudl be the kinda thing I'd see the Eye doing.
  3. ARCHIVED-DeBasilisk Guest

The Federation comparison is perfect. During DS9 the fed really began to take on negative angles. Section 31, the Maquis-Cardassian diplomatic manuevering and so on...In that crappy movieInsurrection that Fed even wanted to kidnap innocent people and relocate them to a holodeck reservation!
    But in Trek I liked the gritty angle of the fed because that sort of thing appeals to me. In EQ I like to play evil characters, so there has to be some goody-goody force out there to scheme against ;). If Qeynos is suddenly pragmatic, then I'd have to consider *shudder* respecting them. TO A DEGREE.
    Ah well. I can still funnel my hatred towards Sarnak, Giants, Goblins, Frogloks, Fae, Elves, All Softskins Everywhere...
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

DeBasilisk wrote:
    You go right on ahead and do that. I won't judge you for it. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

Still having difficulty finding the Brusierfor Qeynos and Monk for Freeport. Any ideas where tehse would be? I've looked everywhere.
  6. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Assassins kill cause they are good at it and are paid handsomely or because of political or religious reasons. Some assassins do like to kill, others do not, but do it anyway.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Eyes of Bayle version might be I know I'm going to be judged horribly bu the Tribunal, but at least the citizens will be able to sleep at night safely.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    A "Necissary Evil" like Batman at the end of The Dark Knight.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Enever wrote:
    Haven't found bruiser for qeynos yet, but the monks for Freeport are right outside the fighter HQ in WFP. Probably the easiest explanation around - iksar monks from Kunark (I forget their name, but the iksar in EQLive were the only non-human monks available). They've heard that their martial art was lost to their bretheren not on Kunark, and so have come to Freeport to teach them what they lost. If non-iksar want to try it too, well, they're the ones who'll suffer if they can't keep up.
    Something I only recently remembered, and wanted to see if anyone else had a similar memory. Back at game launch, when we started out as our archetype and had to take quests at 9 and 19 to pick our classes, I seem to remember the Ranger class quest requiring the would-be Ranger sneak into the HQ of some insurrectionist group and take out their leader. If I am remembering right, it seems that assignment might've come through the Eyes of Bayle.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Protip: The bruisers aren't found in the inner city.
  11. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    Pretty sure that was for Assassins as well (had to sneak past all the guards and slay the leader in the little outdoor room at the top of the building, fortunately he could be kiled with a single blow as by that time one of the dog guards had sniffed you out causing your stealth to drop and you had to rush to the final room with half the guards chasing after you, you only had enough time after going through the last door to turn around, target the sleeping leader and kill him before the guards used you like a pincushion)
  12. ARCHIVED-Chulanowa Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    So... the Qeynos assassins are Jack Bauer?