NotD Neighborhood Contest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by draidean, Jul 16, 2021.

1. draidean Well-Known Member

Hello NIGHTS OF THE DEAD Decorators! SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN!!!
    August 1, 2021-November 5, 2021

*Please note my (Celestiell) personal request...no pop up zombies pleasy please! Those things are gonna give me a heart attack one day! lol

Do you like exterior decorating and/or touring all the best neighborhood lights? How about trick or treating? Join the NotD neighborhood decorating contest on Antonia Bayle, Skyfire, Halls of Fate, and Maj Dul! We need decorators to fill the space and judges for our own little holiday neighborhoods.

Grand Overseer:
    Celestiell on Antonia Bayle

Server Overseers:
    Antonia Bayle - Celestiell
    Maj Dul - Karrla
    Skyfire - Devilkiss
    Halls of Fate - Kodakrome

Rules:

---Post in the comments below with your character's name, server, and intent to enter. I will add your name to the trustee list on the house and you can go in and mark your plot. There is a row of numbered signs at the front; grab one and place it on your plot, then send a mail or tell with your name and number to your Server Overseer listed above. This is to keep everyone anonymous for the judging. Decorating will begin on August 1, 2021 at 6:00 PM Eastern.

PLEASE DO NOT BEGIN DECORATING BEFORE THIS TIME.

You can enter after this date but earlier folks get first pick of the space, which is limited, so get in quick if you wanna =)

---A Darklight Palace is set up in Qeynos on AB (owner Celestiell), Qeynos on MD (owner Karrla), Freeport on HoF (owner Devilkiss), and Freeport on SF (owner Briar). Visitors are welcome to pop in and take a look around. You'll notice that there are no plots marked out for this one, because you'll be creating your own! You will have a space the size of 20 regular size tiles to work with as your total area. You can shape the area however you want...square, rectangle, T-shaped, L-shaped; as long as the space can be marked by laying 20 tiles contiguous to each other, you can use the area covered by the tiles. Mark out your plot with 20 tiles (up to full size), along with your numbered sign, so that others know what space is taken. The tiles must line up along the entire length of at least one side each. You do not have to leave these as your floor, they are just to mark your space. If you leave them down, they DO count toward your block allowance.

---The idea for this contest is to have a neighborhood for trick or treating and touring for the exterior lights. So decorate as if people will be coming up to your door for candy or pranks (an open door with decorated foyer like for someone answering for trick or treaters would be one cool idea) or just strolling around outside for some holiday fun. Judging will be based on exterior decorations, they may come up for a closer look/peek through windows but won't go inside structures. You are not restricted to private homes for this...build a church, graveyard, or other feature that might be present in an NotD neighborhood and light it up accordingly! Set up anywhere you would like on the grounds around the main structure in the house, which is condemned. There is spooky stuff in there that even y'all spooky neighbors around do not want to meet!

---There will be room for eight (8) people per server to participate; each of you will be limited to 135 building blocks and 145 items. Don't forget to use the free books! All items except for Marketplace and teleporters are allowed, but do keep the theme in mind. Remember to respect your neighbors' work, ideas, and property boundaries. Layout Editors: please take care to Always have your needed items in the crate while working so you don’t inadvertently grab others’. And do not attempt to use Layout Editor while others are in the house working at the same time (unless you all have agreed to take turns), because it will roll back their work. Do not load any saved layouts for the same reason.

If you sign up and realize you will not be able to complete your plot, please let your Server Overseer know so that we can allow someone else in to participate.

---House portals are allowed so that you can get to your crafting/storage easier. We can take these down at the end. There is a guild door at the entrance that y'all can move to a more central location if you want. We can put them back at the entrances at the end.

The houses will be closed to all visitors on November 5th at 6:00 PM Eastern for judging, so make your final changes by this time! Winners will be announced and the houses published within a few days after.

If you want to judge or help in any other way, please post a comment below or contact one of the Overseers in game.

Special thanks to:
    Xxtacii and Vlasta for ideas and help in setting up
    Karrla for donating the MD house
    Devilkiss for donating the HoF house, floor tiles, and expanders
    Warehouse for prize funding on MD
    Baeletha for prize funding and items on Skyfire
    Vlasta for an additional prize on AB - tax-free Gorowyn house deed
    Eshnee and Widdles for items on MD
    HOMESHOW ROCKS AGAIN

LET'S PARTY!!!!!

Prizes:
    ---250,000 platinum grand prize for first place
    ---125,000 platinum for second place
    ---50,000 platinum for third place

Mellody, Robynous and Breanna like this.
  2. Xxtacii Active Member

Xxtacii signing up!! Can't miss my favorite holiday!!
    Breanna and draidean like this.
  3. questress Member

Vlasta signing up!
  4. draidean Well-Known Member

I am in the process of setting up MD and SF with the always stunning generosity of homeshow!!! I will update the original post when it's done. I also have to do some status quests to get a guild door on SF lol...
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Sandx Active Member

Sandx is signing up on MD! Can't wait to do something just for my husbands favorite Holiday!
  6. Misstake Well-Known Member

DK entering on AB =D
  7. Kareena Active Member

Kareena signing up on Maj'Dul!! Squeeee!!
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

Baeletha on AB
  9. Aney~ Member

Let me know what you need on Skyfire. I can get a guild door for you too so you do not have to do those pesky quests :p

Aney~
    draidean and Breanna like this.
  10. draidean Well-Known Member

Thank you! I think the only thing I need for it now is a guild door, two others have offered too so now it's just a matter of who gets there first =D

Breanna likes this.
  11. Misstake Well-Known Member

I have HoF setup. It is on the Freeport side under Devilkiss. I just need to know your toon name on HoF and I will give you trustee access. Layout has already been loaded as well.
    Robynous, draidean and Breanna like this.
  12. draidean Well-Known Member

Wow, thank you DK! I appreciate this so much, as I'm sure everyone on HoF does =) My character there is Osterneth. Do you wish to oversee that server as well or shall I take a different volunteer?

Robynous and Breanna like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you should see Missy's Night of the dead scary haunted house on Kaladim for inspiration .

Elaborate house of Unrest .
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Missan's Elaborate Estate of Unrest / Freeport :D:cool: on Kaladim .
    draidean and Breanna like this.
  15. Misstake Well-Known Member

I am adding you now and Kodakrome would love to be overseer. And you are so welcome. Glad to have HoF join in.
  16. Jewels Member

OK for Judging, can you add the following toons

Antonia Bayle - Karrlaz
    Skyfire - Karrlazz
    Halls of Fate - Karrla
    Schmetterling, Breanna and draidean like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:D Karrla is everywhere ;) just like me .
  18. Jewels Member

I would also like to judge the Frostfell ones on those 3 servers as well if they arnt full lol
  19. draidean Well-Known Member

You'll want to go to the forum post on that contest to say this, or contact Xxtacii in game =)

Breanna likes this.
  20. Aney~ Member

I can be a judge on any server but Skyfire :)