NotD Neighborhood Contest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by draidean, Jul 16, 2021.

1. puppybreath Active Member

Is Skyfire full? Maybe we need more than one house for plots? idk maybe I can donate what you need depending on the house as well.
    My MOST favorite holiday of the year. To interact with kids and watch how much fun they had. Even the parents enjoy the efforts made. I always did up my house for the kids for over 20 yrs they came. They loved it as much as I did.
    Let me know if I get a key or not.

Serifa on Skyfire
    TYVM
    /bow
    draidean and Breanna like this.
  2. Lynarra New Member

Is HoF full?
    draidean and Robynous like this.
  3. Misstake Well-Known Member

Yes we are having the ToT swap..... I already have the post up now. This is just a fun contest but does not effect the swaps.

As a side note if needed, I can judge on any server except AB
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Robynous Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the organisers but I had a quick run-around recently and I think there may be spare plots.

I checked again last night and there are two plots free, so get in there! We need more for Halls of Fun!
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

If you still need judges, I can judge on all servers as Building.
    draidean and Breanna like this.
  6. puppybreath Active Member

I did not see the new changes made on SF to size and item count. I know Im loosing my sight but Im not blind yet. Could somewhere show me where the changes are plz.

Thanks
  7. puppybreath Active Member

If we still need judges I can help on all but Skyfire. I have lots of junk accounts so can make toons for any of the servers.
    Still havent found the changes on SF either.

Serifa on Skyfire
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Misstake Well-Known Member

The changes made are updated in the original post but are as follows:

-You can have a space of 20 tiles

-There will be room for eight (8) people per server to participate; each of you will be limited to 135 building blocks and 145 items. Don't forget to use the free books!
    draidean likes this.
  9. draidean Well-Known Member

OMG I am such a dummy. I kept refreshing the last page but forgot about checking to see if there was another page, so thought everyone was going about their decorating just fine. I am going to check in on the game tonight and answer all of your questions and get everyone hooked up that needs it =)
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Robynous Well-Known Member

If we are needed will we be told here or in-game?
    Breanna likes this.
  11. draidean Well-Known Member

Did you get in? I can see that I added you but don't remember if I sent you the message.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. draidean Well-Known Member

Right now we have three judges for each server so if you have volunteered, you will be needed =)
    Ocarinah, Robynous and Breanna like this.
  13. draidean Well-Known Member

There is ONE key left and it's all yours =)
    Breanna likes this.
  14. draidean Well-Known Member

Nope...three keys left =) Want one? Let me or the server overseer know the character name.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. draidean Well-Known Member

Got ya down, thank you!
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Robynous Well-Known Member

Rightyo. Will we be told what to do on the forum or in-game? I tend to not be playing the Skyfire and Majdul toons every day! Or even Halls *every* day!
  17. draidean Well-Known Member

I'm guessing right now that your server overseers will contact your characters by in game mail in plenty of time for you to catch it during your normal playtime. I will probably also post the instructions here. We'll catch ya one way or another =)
    Robynous likes this.
  18. draidean Well-Known Member

JUDGES!! I have your guide =)

First and foremost... THANK YOU for your time and effort =)

The contest officially ends on November 5 at 6:00 pm eastern. Begin judging then and would like to have done within a few days. Please send me an in game mail or book with your decisions.

The houses on each server are labeled on their hewn stone signs in front of the houses with the server abbreviation and numbers 1-8 (there will be a random 9 or 10 because we reduced the number of participants after signs were placed for grabbin'). Please use these designations when making your scores. (AB 1, MD 4, etc.) Rate each house from 1-5 (for a total of 20 points) for each of the following categories:

1) Followed the rules (on the forum post)
    2) Creativity
    3) NotD theme
    4) Aesthetics

This is all that is required. You may give me extra notes if you wish, and optionally a Special Mention or Overall Best across all servers if you are judging on all of them. Have fun!!
    Carynn, Breanna and Ocarinah like this.
  19. draidean Well-Known Member

I also sent these to your in game emails.
  20. draidean Well-Known Member

Judging time everyone!! Check your in game mails and the instructions posted previously here =)

I'd like to have a decorating party(ies) after the judging is complete, before publishing. It seems like such a shame to let the item count go to waste and leave large spaces in the houses empty. Please let me know if you would like to go in and do some filling in and I will add you to the access list as the judging is completed on each server. Let's have some fun here =) Any and all items allowed and no constraints on space. The only rule would be to not add anything to the contestants' plots.

Happy holiday season!

~Celestiell
    Breanna, Robynous and Carynn like this.