Norrathian News ~ September 2012

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

Raienya wrote:
    1) It isn't even a Producer's Letter

2) Does posting these kind of news require any specialized knowledge?
  2. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    I am aware that the type of chest is determined by the loot that drops, but the request makes sense if the type of chest is known (which it is) and further loot can be rolled (which might be possible - I certainly don't know one way or another). You know there are multiple loot rolls determined before the chest appears to the players, right?
    For all I know, it may be easy to implement a fairly simple IF/AND/THEN statement to determine if there's an additional loot roll. But, no, you're right, it's probably impossible.
    Whether I'd *want* to is another question; personally, I think they're a little too rare atm. Rarer than (Master) upgrades off trash, which surprises me - I would have thought they'd want these things to drop more than exquisites usually do.
  3. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Aemm@Splitpaw wrote:
    So you're asking for them to add an additional chance to drop an ethereal weapon any time a MOB drops a fabled item? There are too many MOBs with a guaranteed fabled drop for that to be a good idea, I think. It would encourage farming specific MOBs, which runs counter to the intent of the event.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Edit: Guk's Meet & Greet was moved from Monday the 10th to Friday the 14th.
    Thanks.
    ~Dexella
  5. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Dexella wrote:
    O yay, more cool stuff that a few people will get 5-10 of, while noone else will see one without shelling out several thousands of plat. This might be a worthwhile and get people excited if there was a real chance of getting one, not just a few accounts with special flagging, or whatever it is that makes them so special.