Norrathian News ~ September 2012

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

[IMG]
    It’s a start of a new month, and a lot is happening in our beloved Norrath. Here’s a peek at just a few of the new features and events that will be happening this September. More will be revealed in the coming weeks!
    Ethereal Charms (NEW!)
    The ethereal winds have shifted in Norrath. In the month of August, mysterious and powerful weapons were randomly appearing across the land. This month, new items with similar power are beginning to appear. What could their presence mean?
    Sleeper’s Tomb
    What rests within this tomb? Only the bravest of adventurers should dare to enter this new zone in mid-September for new group/raid content!
    The Goblin Games Continue!
    Step right up! Play one of three new mini-games, released in August, for your chance at potions, armor, mounts, and more! Additional tickets are available in the Marketplace.
    Neriak City Festival – September 1-7, 2012
    The Far Seas Trading Company is pleased to bring this traveling festival to Neriak once again. The Neriak City Festival is a highly-anticipated spectacle, in which all Norrathians may participate. Also in town is the Neriak Aether Race. Catch them before they leave!
    Moonlight Enchantments – September 20-21, 2012
    The phase of the moon is nearly right, and with the blessing of Tunare, Norrathians might soon stumble upon an entrance to a magical place. As they journey through Norrath, adventurers should be on the lookout for enchanted mushroom rings. But act quickly; the rings are active for a very short time each month!
    Community Meet & Greets
    We’re extending summer into September for our Community Meet & Greet events! Join us for dancing, fireworks, chatting, and summer festivities! If there are any necessary changes to the schedule, we will update you.

• Oasis – Tuesday, September 4th, 5:00 pm PDT*
    • Valor – Friday, September 7th, 12:00 pm PDT*
    • Permafrost – Wednesday, September 12th, 5:00 pm PDT*
    • Guk – Friday, September 14th, 5:00 pm PDT*
    • Crushbone – Monday, September 17th, 5:00 pm PDT*
    • Antonia Bayle – Wednesday, September 19th, 5:00 pm PDT*
    • Nagafen – Monday, September 24th, 5:00 pm PDT*

*Convert to local time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

So does this mean the Sleeper's Tomb will be separate from GU65?
  3. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

This would have been great news, if it wasn't FIVE days late! Why wasn't this posted on AUG 31st?

It would also be nice if this ETHEREAL stuff had a bigger chance to drop in ANY exquisite chests (on top of whatever the "random" chance is). I had TWO metal chests drop off trash in Library, got all excited and then opened the chest to find it was only a Master :p
    I can't complain too much, as I did manage to get three of the weapons last month, which is more than many folks, but still...

What do you mean "The Goblin Games Continue"? Are the Goblin Games going away? They seemed like a pretty permanent feature to me. So that's like no new content, but hey, old content introduced last month is still here. I suppose some people might not know, but new players don't know about Miragul's Menagerie either, so lets remind them that is still there too... Great news for September!

It would also be lovely if /get_hot displayed all the current hot zones on the server and not just the one in DoV. Please fix ASAP :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Ethereal Charms=Time sink that is going to tick many people off, just from the posts about the Ethereal Weapons.
    Sleeper's Tomb=Possibly interesting, depending on how many bugs make it into live.
    Goblin Games=money waste. I know one guy on my server played 275 games to try and get the flying lion mount, never did.
    City Festival and Moonlight Enchantments=NOT new, they occur every month, with the city festival changing venues.
    Community Meet & Greets=ok, but usually a lagfest and not much to do. Remove the no-zone tag from the beverages and you might have something people would spend gold on.
    And isn't Windstalker supposed to be posting these things? No problem with Dexella at all, just wondering when SoE is going to get things stable on who does what over there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Onuron Guest

Are we still getting goblin tickets each month as well?
  6. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

I have visited Neriak yesterday trying to find the festival and I found nothing, not a single new quest :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Natsume wrote:
    The Neriak city festival is actually held out in Darklight Woods, near the entrance to Neriak. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Well that's something they don't tell you! Thank you! /bow

I read somewhere that Gorowyn and Freeport have there own versions or is it one city every month and that's it?
  9. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

City festivals only happen once a month, each month in a different city. It's like a travelling fair.
    If you look on the in game calendar you can see which city it will be in next.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Onurissa@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The next monthly grant will be in October, but yes, those will continue.
  11. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Aemm@Splitpaw wrote:
    You are aware that this request makes no sense, right? The type of chest that appears (ornate, exquisite, etc.) is determined by which items the MOB dropped, not vice-versa. When you kill a MOB, the game generates loot which is determined by the various loot tables that MOB is hooked-up to. The chest that appears is based on the highest tier of item that gets generated. If the MOB drops a fabled item, an exquisite chest will appear. You can't change the drop rates based on what type of chest drops, because the type of chest is determined by the items that dropped.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Natsume wrote:
    Gorowyn and Freeport do have Festivals! The featured city does rotate each month. We've already gone to Gorowyn twice in 2012, but we will return to Freeport before the end of the year.
  13. ARCHIVED-Natsume Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Thanks for clearing that up, I was a little confused because I had gone to Gorowyn twice and found it at both times. Can you please post somewhere to tell people where in Neriak the festival is? If it wasn't for what Tylia told me I wouldn't have participated at all.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Raienya wrote:
    This is our first month trying out the feature this way. It's a new idea and a new structure. We've got some components we're still working out, but I can tell you that you will be hearing from Windstalker as well.
    Also, since this is new, any feedback about how to format it and what to include is very much appreciated. I'm already working on a new introduction/set-up to highlight what is "New" versus what is "Featured/Returning" in order to avoid confusion.
    Thanks.
    ~Dexella
  15. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Reading is hard. We want pictures.

Also, I see nothing about heroic scarecrows returning. So this post must be in error, and obviously a trial/error thing.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Natsume wrote:
    I can absolutely add that to the articles in future months. I'll also post a comment on this month's article directing people to the Darklight Woods.
    ~Dexella
  17. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

1. Is there going to be any new Group Content with the new raid content?

2. Also how many X4 and X2 raids is involved in Sleeper's Tomb?

3. Is Test Copy going to be opened ... Very sown so these zones can be tested and debugged or are you only using the Beta Server for this? If you are only using the beta server can you open Beta Copy's so we can get people to it and test stuff for you? since I am sure you are doing a wonderful job doing internal testing.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Regarding the city fests, would it be possible to have a one-time quest showing you the way each month? I imagine it to be under level 20 (for new players) but mostly so that flashing red book would make the location impossible to miss. :)
    In other news, yay meet and greets! Will we see the Guides?
  19. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    Very nice idea but I imagine a lot of people being angry (like the ones for the house quests in FP/Qey).

Our City Festivals guide on zam keeps track of which festival is where each month (and the text up top will auto-update itself when a new month rolls over). We also have info on where to find each festival location. Not a great solution for in-game but just an option!
  20. ARCHIVED-ranga Guest

Please get rid of the centred text and justify it pref left lol. That is all.