Nodes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by knine, Dec 2, 2017.

1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Crafters have been shunned and shafted this expansion. It's extremely disappointing.
    Rhodris, Lysia, Lateana and 6 others like this.
  2. knine Well-Known Member

So my provie is 110 and working on my sage and low and behold sage combines takes food items for some of the rush orders... are you freaking kidding me.. it was a PITA to get rock ferns and you can tell its the not so common drop, because its going for around 100 plat a pop.. for the love devs, increase the rock fern drop rate and take out requirement for food items in sage spell combines... no one wants greasy food on their spells pages to scribe...
    Prissetta, Tkia and Scrappyz like this.
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Quit being such a messy eater and use a napkin!
  4. Andric Member

The tradeskills are totally messed up, whats in seems to have been just thrown in as a 'that will do for them' manner, nothing seems thought out or ready for prime time. Very disappointing.
    Rhodris, Kheldorm, Lysia and 3 others like this.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

If all classes are using one material for spells, and the only rare from that node is spells, it should have an overall leveling effect. Which means mages and fighters will be slightly less screwed than usual, and scouts and priests won't get artificially cheap spells because their material is also used for all other crafting instead of being only used for spells.

Considering that there is a loot box at the start of PoP that basically ruins the demand for PoP gear, this shouldn't be a big issue. The only way MC crafted jewelry is going to be high demand is if the stats on it are particularly good compared to common group content drops. Otherwise the only thing driving up the cost of spell components will be normal demand.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, and certainly not targeting you, Mermut, this is what happens when there is no dedicated person on DBG side coordinating and implementing needed TSing changes. Based on the results we're seeing, no one has the responsibility and this is the sort of mess you find yourself in when it happens. As we used to say in the corporate world, "when everyone has the responsibility, no one has the responsibility." This xpac is a direct outcome of no one having any idea what's happening on the TSing side, much less effecting needed changes. What's surprising to me is that DBG, after being in the saddle for the last few years, apparently has no clear grasp of exactly how much TSing is part of this game. This should not be construed as a rant because it's not--it's a clear signal that someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee and is offered from that perspective.
    Kheldorm, Lateana and Prissetta like this.
  7. Anatha Active Member

I thought I would try my luck in Thalumbra with the new familiar to see if I could get more victornuts and battle plantains. Well it seems that deepstone roots have made a comeback in full force in the fungal outgrowths. In about 30 minutes I got 1 battle plantain and 8 deepstone roots! GRRRRR!
  8. Kheldorm Active Member

And that is because they don't give a damn about TS.
    Lysia likes this.
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

So explain to me how it is bad that there is 1 rare material produced instead of 2 rare materials produced from the Stone nodes? As long as the 1 rare is used for all spells, and all jewelry it should be an improvement. The last time this issue reared its ugly head was AoM and it was ugly. Fighter/Scout rares were twice as valuable (or more) than the Priest/Mage rares because there was a very high demand for crafted jewelry with resistances. Only half of the available rares for that node were in high demand because crafting didn't use all of the normal jewelry rares to make jewelry. That was a design mistake. So priests and mages get cheap spell upgrades because of a design mistake.

Isn't the current situation actually fair for all classes? Is that what you call "bad design"? While I think the lack of quests at launch is a horrible decision by the dev team, I actually think this little bit shows they have been looking at crafting and made a change in response to problems that happen every time a new tier is added.
  10. Ememjr New Member

Where did this info come from, i have been harvesting new zone, and getting rares since my harvesting skill was at 502, infact i got a rare on the second node i harvested

and i am not wearing any harvesting gear
    Kheldorm and Prissetta like this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

so not only did they put the common root on this tiers bush equvilent node but to add insult to injury have it be the more common yield.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED SOMEONE DOING THE TRADESKILL CONTENT THAT UNDERSTAND TRADESKILLING.
    Kheldorm, Tekka, Lysia and 3 others like this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

she is not talking about the rare root which has been on the food nodes in every tier but AoM since the game first launched she is talking about the common root that has never been on the food node. This is why we need someone who understands tradeskilling to be the one creating the tradeskill content.
    Kheldorm, Tkia and Prissetta like this.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

we have less harvested materials to deal with apparently.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

the rare root has always been on the fungal outgrowths the only expansion they took the rare root out was in AOM when they first brought the rare food material in.
  15. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Yep, I missed that first time around. That makes this even more egregious.

Why don't they just make all harvest nodes little pic-a-nic baskets sitting on the ground (or floating in the water), and you get random stuff from each.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Kheldorm Active Member

Funny... I'm running my sage up now, and need 10 storm stalk per combine.
    Storm stalk, mushroom, wood, fish, etherium, incense, and more mushrooms.
    Stupid. But, it's what I expect.
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

You do realize that Caith has been handling all of the non-quest tradeskill stuff since Domino moved over to the Landmark team, right? Like since...CoE? ToV? Something like that. So all of the stuff we have now in PoP is stuff Caith has been responsible for years.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

If that's the case, then the inconsistencies, errors and unexplained changes make even LESS sense.. to me at least.
    Tkia and Tekka like this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Domino created the Raffik timeline and the Kunark Ascending tradeskill timeline.
    Shmogre and Tekka like this.
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

Yes, and like I said Caith handled all the recipes, harvestables, and items for those expansions. PoP is the first expansion since RoK where Domino didn't have a major hand in creating the quests for Tradeskills.

In case you are interested, Caith appears to be responsible for all the back end programming. I'm fairly certain he handles all items in the game, which is a huge amount of work. I'm not sure what else he's responsible for, but with the decreased Dev team since SoE was sold I can imagine he has a lot of duties.