Nodes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by knine, Dec 2, 2017.

1. knine Well-Known Member

From the nursery node.. storm stalks are almost double the amount of rock ferns, but rock ferns are the most needed for writs to level. Can we look at balancing these out? I harvested about 50% more storm stalks than I did rock ferns. Numbers was like 980 storm stalks to 470 rock ferns. Would be appreciated if you could change this.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

That is because the root is on both root and food nodes. It is really dumb.
    Xillean and Mermut like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The oddity of getting roots from food nodes was mentioned in beta. The devs declined to make changes.
    Lateana likes this.
  4. Hot_Rod Member

Have they explained why the minimum harvest skill to get rares overland is 600, but the best you can get is 550 at 110? (plus 10 from the harvest gear, though you have to re-use every time your spec changes or the auto use fails) Is this so only L100 tradeskillers can get rares if they spec for the extra 50 points?
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

So food nodes are now giving out common roots as one of the options? That would make it a fifth harder to get the common food harvests than it used to be? :oops:
  6. Gudum Active Member

Cloak of the harvester will give you +25, and the overclocked automated combine harvester +13, not sure what else is usable for a non-tradeskiller.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

The house plant from KA gives one KA rare, a TON of regular PoP mats, and a chance at PoP rares.
    Gubba Bump and Shmogre like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It seems to be a graphic bug (or at least it was in beta and I got rares at 564 on one char). Should read 550. Haven't tried harvesting on my non-harvesters on live so I'm unsure.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Gerak Well-Known Member

Here are some items to boost harvesting:

• Far Seas Pack Unicorn (mount) - +80 harvesting skills
    • Earring of the Solstice (earring) - +25 harvesting skills
    • Reinforced Dwarven Workboots (feet) - +20 harvesting skills
    • Cloak of the Harvest (cloak) - +25 harvesting skills
    • AA - +40 harvesting skills
    That brings me up to 690 at 100 so 740 at 110 plus the overclocked harvester.

There are also items that will increase rare %.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I got a rare in beta at 487/550 skill - my rare harvest chance was 7% at the time.
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Not new. You can still get deepstone roots out of fungal outgrowths in ToT. I seem to recall getting hiven roots out of brambles in AoM, back when I was hunting stormthorn.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I've never gotten roots from food nodes before outside of the rare root and I've been doing this harvesting thing since 2004 and my main is a provisioner. Never common roots. I suppose it's possible it could have happened rarely, but it's not something I ever saw.
    Tkia and Mermut like this.
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Yep. its messed up and not at all what we are used to. The common root is on two nodes and the rare root is not on roots, but only on food nodes. The rare root used to be on both roots and food nodes and there has never been a common root on food nodes before this xpac. On food nodes we should have gotten a veggie, a fruit, a mushroom , and nut/coffee/tea item . This xpac we get a mushroom, a veggie, and a root. And to top it all off, we get to make recipes for spells using meat and fish :( Whoever set this up was obviously not a crafter.
    Lysia and Alenna like this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Not being a crafter shouldn't be a problem, but not checking back on how it worked in previous tiers and maintaining the consistency certainly is. I seem to remember going through this previously with Withered Lands when Domino went missing :confused:
    Quillyne, Alenna, Tekka and 3 others like this.
  15. knine Well-Known Member

Mines 725 so not sure where you're hurting.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Stone nodes also have only as single harvest, rather the two they've had at every other tier.
    *shrug* Consistency clearly wasn't a priority for crafting this expac.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

I can not say I am sad about that one though. I didn't mourn the loss of loams either =)
  18. Gudum Active Member

His problem is that he is NOT a tradeskiller, so he is harvesting solely on adventure level, while a lot of the items that boost harvesting ability can only be obtained through tradeskilling.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, and no... they're now using ore rares for mage/fighter experts (since their isn't a second stone harvest). That's going to have consequences on price and availability of those rares. It also means different nodes for experts for different classes again.
  20. knine Well-Known Member

so I spent all morning (3 hours) harvesting... 86% bountiful harvest and got 1645 rock ferns. Back to the guild hall to do writs and level.. burn through all 1645 in a level and half of tradeskilling....people are 110 now, have completed the sig line, have completed all 3 factions and shoot are already SLR in the channel.. Can we put pack the new raws on the pack ponies and guild harvesters again. We've gotten out and seen your xpac. You've really made it extremely ridiculous to TS this expac. Would appreciate the move and decision to put the items back onto the harvesters and ponies. The bush was cool, but it just doesn't supplement for the still high need of raws during writs. For example, a provisioner is required 10 rock ferns as main ingredient.. imagine that, the most uncommon from the fungi, oh and leveling my sage as well,, guess what the most used ingredient is for writs... guess... rock ferns lol....Please either further reduce the recipes or give back what we've earned already in the game.
    Lysia, Alenna and Prissetta like this.