No signature line at launch

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Deezy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Deezy New Member

With the disappointing news that the signature line for us tradeskillers will not be ready for expansion launch, is DBG actively recruiting a Dev for this area of the game?
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Dude like this.
  2. Celan Active Member

Where did you get that information from?
  3. Celan Active Member

Ah sorry, nevermind. Just saw Caith's post.
  4. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

I still pre-ordered (paid to beta test) but this was almost enough to keep me from buying at all. I love to do the adventure stuff, but tradeskilling is a really important part of the game for me.

I sure hope they really are adding a signature line because the last thing I recall DBG saying they were starting something over because it wasn't fun was EverQuest Next. :eek:
    Kheldorm, Lucus and Febrith like this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

As it stands, much of what has been put into Beta is heavily bugged and does not conform to the norms and practices of the past. It would be much better to be late than than to go live with the current state of harvesting and crafting. The lack of a dedicated and knowledgeable crafting dev is quite apparent. However, I doubt if there is money for a full time crafting dev in the future if they couldn't get funding for one in Beta.
    daicia, Mermut, Steelviper and 2 others like this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

You don't need a story to tell you how to play whack-a-mole, you'l be fine.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Not very fair of you Sniks, the dedicated Tradeskillers help pay the bills as much as we dedicated Adventurers do.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

KAITHEEL FOR CRAFTER/HARVESTER/DECORATOR PERSON!!!! (In addition to Event/Holiday Guru)

Cyrrena

(Sorry, the caps are required as it is a campaign notice)
    HaphazardAllure and Kuulei like this.
  9. Everaven New Member

between the lack of a signature line for tradeskillers and the fact that they currently are not upgrading the pack pony and goblin for the new tier of mats we tradeskillers are really being neglected in the new xpac Don't think its worth buying for tradeskillers.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

A note of caution here: It is not confirmed that the pony/goblin are not being upgraded for the new tier. The dev that replied to the question on Discord (Gninja) posted later to say that he actually did not know for sure; he was just trying to be helpful and that he was not the person who would end up making that decision.

Please don't panic yet - there is no solid news, and there are already two threads full of people pleading the case for the ponies to continue to be upgraded.
    HaphazardAllure and Rozyn like this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Was more of a joke than a legitimste criticism
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Good to hear, but this isn't the audience for it. Crafters are really being left behind this expansion...imagine the reaction if adventurers were told there wouldn't be anything for them until after launch, and the only way to level up would be to do the same adventure writ 150 times.

Oh, and you had to pay 8p to do each writ, and it would take hundreds to thousands of pieces of ammo for each one and you had to get that ammo from caches around the Plane of Magic in piles of 2 or 3 or if you are lucky, 13 at a time.

(Exaggerating, obviously, but it really is a rough time to be a tradeskiller. Whether tradeskilling is for you or not, please understand that a large number of people put a large number of hours and effort into their toons, so it's hard for crafters to learn that this expansion won't have much for them when it launches.)
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

I'd be ok with that. Grinding is fun imo, as long as there is actually something engaging to be doing.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It's all button mashing in the end, really. And it gets really, really old (and the opposite of engaging) when you have to do it thousands upon thousands of times to level with nothing different to break it up. But tradeskillers are a dedicated bunch (for variously bonkers levels of "dedicated"). ;)
  15. knine Well-Known Member

Lateana, Shmogre and Dude like this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yeah. It has since been confirmed.

On the plus side, it has also been confirmed that the crazy amounts of materials currently required for recipes on beta are not intended and are actively being worked on. Still going to require a lot of harvesting, but with luck it's not going to be as overwhelming as it has been on beta (the ogre says hopefully).
    HaphazardAllure and Prissetta like this.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I hope so, as much as I love harvesting, I want to get to level 110 as soon as possible to have it done and over with.
    Lateana, Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  18. Steelviper Active Member

Well seeing as the goblin has been rendered redundant with Kunark Ascending crafting timeline it does make sense - that the Pack Pony won't be able to harvest the new harvests anymore, does not, though upgrading it with the new crafting timeline (so much freedom with timeline there) sounds reasonable, provided it won't be anywhere close to the end of the future new expac...
    Guild harvesters doesn't personally make much sense to me, the guilds can't reasonably have to worry both about the extensive adventuring with the new expac and harvesting all the time - more of the usual grinding route? No thanks.
  19. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I was glad to see that the pack pony will get an upgrade eventually. Hopefully it'll involve dropping Qho into a volcano. That the amount of mats per recipe will be lowered is also good news. That the goblin won;t work in POP makes sense as it's zone specific .
    On the not good news (assuming I haven't missed any posts on the subjects) is whether the Guild Harvesters will be able to bring back POP mats. They are a key part of most guilds. Also have not seen anything about node increases or maybe an increase in harvest amounts up from the 2/7/13.
    On the pack pony one other point--will the sig line be set to upgrade both versions of ponies? What I mean if you have only the plain mat collecting one --you get a plain mat one while if you have the rare type you get a rare type? Please do not make us wait weeks or months for a sig line that then forces people to do Qho's second questline unless they want to end up with the best version. That or let everyone know now they had better get all their ponies to advanced
    Streppoch likes this.
  20. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

The goblin is not zone specific, currently he can be requested to harvest the same tiers as the pony (except for holiday stuff).

The house plant that you can get when you relinquish the goblin is zone specific, OF harvests only. But, according to the quote above, that plant is getting upgraded to offer PoP items.
    Prissetta likes this.