Pack ponies won't be able to collect new tier?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Nov 1, 2017.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That seems like a 'big change'. I kind of get it.

I will also be a little mad I traded my goblin for the plant. I trusted that would not bite me in the $%^, but trust seems misplaced..
  2. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the pony hasnt' been updated yet? Or, perhaps there is a quest upgrade for it? ...has anyone checked You-Know-Who for a quest? :eek:
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Where are you getting this information from?

If you are only going on the fact that the pony can't get new tier on BETA. Well its called BETA for a reason. And with Dominio gone Tradeskill is pretty much an afterthought on BETA (devs if you read this, you need to ramp up writ XP for BETA, making us grind to 110 to "test tradeskill" is bad enough. Making it even more painful by requiring a ton of writs isn't cool).

If you have some discord chat snippet that shows you are saying is fact well then please share it.
    Febrith likes this.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Someone in BETA reported that Gninja said it was 'doubtful' that the pony would be upgraded. I have no way of verifying that information, but this.

The Discord mention of this has been ignored so far.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

So you are basically rumor mongering... got it.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

If there was more information available, more communication on what to expect and less last minute scrambling - there would be less 'rumor mongering'.

I'll just leave it at that.
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

To give this Context.. Someone in chat last night in beta asked if the Devs planned to up the ponies/goblins(for those that still have them) for the new tier of mats.. Gninja DID reply with "Doubtful"... When asked why, he said, "Ponies/Goblins made nodes in the overlands essentially worthless/useless"
    Xillean, Livejazz, CoLD MeTaL and 3 others like this.
  8. Sudedor Well-Known Member

I can help with that.

Straight from the horses mouth, here's what to expect:

Aelfan likes this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

this is untrue. I urge the devs to reconsider the thought process leaning towards not upgrading them. while it did cut down on harvest time, they didn't bring back rares. what made lower tiers "worthless/useless" was salvaging, which was solved when TOT came out and salvaging granted infuser pieces instead of rares. Please, please, upgrade the ponies. I really don't care if I have to do another quest line to do it or not. Just, don't let them go by the wayside. They're extremely valuable to us tradeskillers.
    Lysia, Aelfan, Xillean and 12 others like this.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

I would like to add to this: I find that while the assorted harvesters are good for maintaining a stock of common materials, if I want rares, I go out and harvest myself. With all of the bonus gear and skills, I can grab a fair amount of rare materials in a reasonable amount of time - rather than wait on the harvesters.

Remove the rare chance from the loot tables if needed, but with the numbers I've seen on the beta forums, having to manually harvest all needed materials will add hours and hours of tedium to a process tradeskillers are already going to have to muscle through on grinding alone.

And not as many folks harvest for fun like I do.
    Aelfan, Xillean, Livejazz and 9 others like this.
  11. Sudedor Well-Known Member

I thought my response was dead on, as it addressed your concern about rumor mongering and knowing what to expect. I think Kander made it quite clear.
  12. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

Really, really annoyed by this news.
    Xillean, Livejazz, Mindsway and 4 others like this.
  13. Tekka Well-Known Member

Again, please address the content of the question - which in this case is pack ponies. Or in a general sense that many of the questions being asked are clearly not addressed by the information we have currently.
    Rynda, Prissetta and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

Please rethink about pack ponies and goblins update them. having then has never stopped me from harvesting when I'm out adventuring, or going out to harvest, as,Tekka said harvesting gets you more rares in the same amount of time the pack ponies and goblins take especially when you are geared as my top harvester is only thing she doens't have are the boots from unrest and she brings back quite a few rares in an afternoon of harvesting. They do not make overland nodes worthless folks will still harvest for extra commons and getting more rares. Also until the tradeskill questline gets put in, if it ever does get put in, all we will have to level our crafting is the writ grinding so now you are saying we have to grind nodes as well as writs to level our crafting. It is beginning to feel as if tradeskillers are the unwanted step child of eq2.

Question what about guild harvesters are they not going to be upgraded either?
    Lysia, Aelfan, Livejazz and 8 others like this.
  15. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sorry you think that, but believe me, after 13 years of EQ2 and five years of Everquest before that, the last thing I need is some pixels on a screen to validate my personal worth.

Again, I think that what I posted should generally clear up any questions regarding what to expect with PoP. It certainly doesn't get in to nitty gritty specifics, but that isn't what you seem concerned with.
  16. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Well, the title of this thread is not a general question, it is quite specific. And as noted your reply had no information whatsover related to that specific question. Right now you're the grocery store employee who, when asked what aisle the mustard is in, replies with "we are a full service grocery store, with many, many different items". In short, not very helpful at all.
    Rynda, Xillean, Prissetta and 4 others like this.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

Let me be clear, so you don't continue to misunderstand or misrepresent my concerns or intent.

This is a post about a specific question - pack ponies. A response from the team was brought up, but no direct quote was given, so there was an accusation of 'rumor mongering'.

It is my assertion that if more information was available about changes that drastically impact game play for a significant number of players - like the change to ponies and possibly goblins and/or guild harvesters - especially with the current state of tradeskills in beta, it should be communicated to avoid aggravation and frustration, and also so players can plan ahead.

This, and other questions being raised, are not minutia, nor are they addressed by your C&P. Many of them could potentially make or break the game for a lot of players - with break being more probable if the changes are sprung on them at the last minute.

Until you address the topics of threads, or the actual content of actual posts, I will not have any further discussions with you.

Thank you for participating.
    Rynda, Xillean, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  18. Gninja Developer

Before everyone gets bent out of shape over this. Yes, I said doubtful, but I am not the decision maker on it. That lies with mechanics folks. Please wait till you see what actually happens with it before claiming my "Doubtful" as "Absolutely not happening, omg get your torches!"
    Iglu, Lisiana, Xillean and 13 others like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Wait!?!?!?! WTF!?!?!? Did other people get torches and I didn't!?!?!??! Not fair! Arrrrrrrggggg! :rolleyes:
    Merriel, Mindsway, Cuelaen and 4 others like this.
  20. Gninja Developer

Yeah, they hit me over the head with them :p
    Iglu, Merriel, Siren and 5 others like this.