No Game Assets? :-/

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I emailed them but all I received was a list of things to do to get the download working. I emailed them back about the exceptions for an antivirus but I haven't heard anything back from them.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

CCleaner may not be a good idea for Windows 10. I haven't heard of an update for ccleaner that works with Win 10.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have my firewall set to 'ask me' so it doesn't automatically block things I want to download or install.

Some firewalls go by a universal whitelist. If the program isn't on it, it wont be allowed to install.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

So indeed, and I edited..Hmm.. need to think..
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/no-game-assets.590552/page-2#post-6567129
    Never used 10th Windows. From very beginning I play this game from Linux. If support for Win 10 isn't announced for CCleaner, this doesn't mean that it does not work in it. No support for Windows 10 has been announced for this game either
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

As far as I remember on Windows, if program is whitelisted (this was true for the firewalls I used to use), then it’s not a fact that some of its activity will not be blocked by firewall. In addition, Windows firewall works in parallel with the one you use, even if it's written that it's turned off. And in it, you also need to put need software in white list. Especially brutally all was blocked by Comodo firewall. The beast! He didn't miss neither good nor bad. It's good that I use Linux. Where all just works (or doesn't work at all)
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Currently it has downloaded 1, 467 m of 17, 850 m......man, this is going to take forever.....:eek:
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Blow on it so it doesn't stop. Pah-pah. But seriously, then after all, guys from DBG might have something useful to answer for your problem (and theirs, by the way). They are perhaps very busy. Copy occasionally what downloaded to another folder. If God forbid, it stop then copy back and, in idea, download will not continue at first. I don’t know, I haven’t tried that. But in another place there is no to take client :(
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

It's at 1, 977 at this moment.....I really don't get why it takes so long to download this.:confused:
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

You can find lot of recommendations on Internet how to improve speed of Internet. For exemple: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/easy-fix-windows-10-slow-internet/ https://www.saintlad.com/slow-internet-on-windows-10/ https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-slow-internet-after-windows-10-anniversary-update.html Etc. The only thing is, don't rush to update drivers of your network card with programs that are offered on these sites, without first checking them on https://www.virustotal.com/
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

I turned off the automatic downloads in Windows but it really didn't seem to make a difference. I guess I'll just have to let it download at its own speed.....man, this really sucks.....:(
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

One other thing. CS just seems to be sending me to their articles on "how to"........and they definitely aren't helping......
  13. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I looked them. Some people write what does not help, others write what helps. Some of what is written there is relevant for previous versions of Windows, while other are only for Win 10. For some things reboot is required (such as updating network card driver). And in any case, you cannot get more than provider gives you. I would just see all my connections and disconnect those that are not needed to download client (some of them are hidden and consume traffic, sometimes a lot). For example, disabling Internet browser can increase speed by several times (background applications can work in it). Or maybe not to increase it. One of reasons people use non-Microsoft firewall is ability to control their own Internet traffic. The only question is what percentage from speed of your provider provided for you are using when downloading this client. It’s likely that in case like this, best way to download these 23 gigabytes would be to use torrent protocol. But alas, this was not provided..
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sometimes computers can be a fantastic device.....other times they can a large pain in the rear....:D
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay. Last time I used it was about a year after Win 10 came out. And I was informed, Win 10 forums, not to use it as problems had occurred. My commercial firewall/anti this and that does fine and I don't need ccleaner.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The firewall I use has 'allow' 'don't allow' 'allow always' and 'never allow' when I set it to 'ask me'. And EQ/EQ II are not in the whitelist. Neither is Campaign Cartographer which I use for making paper and pencil game maps.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

I only use it periodically. But it's a good little program. I recommend it to everybody because it has never given me any trouble with any of the Windows I used it on.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

Just don't use Norton.....it will screw up your computer.....
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, Norton was good, over a decade ago. I use pcmatic. Much better.
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was good over a decade ago. Now it has become nothing but bloatware. I take it out of every computer I use. Right now I'm using Zone Alarm. Mainly because it's free and that's about what I can afford for right now.