Nil Crystals

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Aeralik, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

Just thought I would pop in and let you guys know of an upcoming change that affects you. Nil Crystals are being removed with GU45. This means spells wont give them out any longer and they are no longer required as a component. The Abhorrent Shroud line used to only take a nil crystal as fuel so this will now require a small amount of power. Also for the coercers and necromancers who are jealous, the Essence of Anguish and Thoughtstones have been removed as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

WOOT!
    That is the best SOE news I have seen is months.
  4. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

As someone who has ALL THREE of those classes, I gotta give a big "woot" on this change.

Now we just gotta get swarm pets changed to DoTs (and thus affected by all +int and +spell dmg gear correctly, as well as not nerfing DPS due to mob AEs) and I'd almost be offering to be SoE's office-boy.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kagemusha01 Guest

about damn time :/
  6. ARCHIVED-XFnarX Guest

aaaawww but I have like 90 stacks that just don't stop growing... oh wait. Bag space... WOOT!
  7. ARCHIVED-madhatr Guest

Not to derail but umm..

Coercer thought stones need removing too
  8. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

*faints from sheer joy*
  9. ARCHIVED-LazyPurple Guest

/FAINT! My Warlock and Necro thank you kindly!
  10. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Well, in the meantime, we still have spells that are using them. The coercer line that ends in Hostage has stopped producing thoughtstones. Shouldn't have that been implemented after GU45?
  11. ARCHIVED-cxp1 Guest

On a scale of 1-100 with 1 being the most important, I give this a 95 for fixes needed for Coercers. It was, at most, a very minor nuisance.
    Vixn
    80 Coercer
    Befallen
  12. ARCHIVED-Jorel7 Guest

Actually, how important this change is to the coercer community belong in some other forum. My first thought would be the coercer one.
    This is the Warlock forum and for us this change is awesome and long awaited.
    /Jorella
  13. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  14. ARCHIVED-Andurill Guest

This is great as long as SOE doesn't nerf our damage in return for this little gift. Seems too good to be true.
  15. ARCHIVED-foozlesprite Guest

I have to laugh at the timing on this, my baby warlock just produced her first nil crystal the other day. Looks like it's going to be her one and only! I may save it somewhere in her bank just for the sake of irony. Thanks for fixing this SOE, I've been hearing people complain about this stuff for a long time now.
  16. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

I tried giving my pet an Essence of Anguish as a treat for following me closely enough to be of use in PVP, it didn't work. Thanks for a very very minor fix SOE /yawn.
    Next you will anounce an enhancement that makes the fly graphics around my pet, will fly in formation. The pet will still be a half a zone away, but his flies will be better.
  17. ARCHIVED-Roukaianimia Guest

I was pretty sure this morning when this post was linked that it said "Warlock" at the top of the page. Hmm.. yep. Still there, ok, moving on.
  18. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

This is long overdue. Now if only we could get a fix for our less then stellar RoK instance and solo damage.
  19. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

Yep. Very good change. Aeralik, No chance we can Coerce you into hinting at what may be in store in the future for coercers? *nudge nudge*
  20. ARCHIVED-Talonis Guest

So with the long overdue death of nil crystals, will the Curse of Darkness line be looked at and made into something remotely useful, since nil crystal production was the only real purpose of this line?