Next expansion?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Sarah, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

That's a giant, not a dwarf.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Which there were plenty of in Velious as well.
    There was definitely a LOT of territory in Velious, and a huge number of unique factions. In fact, I think that Velious was really the first expansion where faction became "huge" in EQLive.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eldcen Guest

I suppose it's still technically too early to call it, but...
    Velious would kick some major a**. Coldain Prayer Shawl, here I come!
  4. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Yeah its a little early...swore that Velious melted, so maybe its a different ice continent? Or they are just contradicting lore now...
  5. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Galithdor wrote:
    All we have to go off of that states Velious melted are statements of a bunch of random Gnome NPCs. There are also Gnomes who state that Luclin was blown up by a gnomish rocket, so their accuracy is... lets say 'suspect'.
  6. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

The ice on Velious melted, not the continent. Devs have stated the continent still existed and had undergone many changes, with an allusion to the fact that just because it melted didn't mean it didn't refreeze.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Vulkoor@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Exactly. Don't you remember climbing over all those rocky cliffsides in Cobalt Scar? That wasn't ice or snow. That was granite, basalt, and beach sand.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Velious in EQ2 would be terrible. They should stick to Odus. Something smaller in size that they could give justice to.
    Besides, Velious is SW of Kunark, why would the giants be over by Field of Bone and Tangrin, which ison the N side of Kunark.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

They're showing up in Kylong Plains to the South, Fens of Nathsar to the North-east, and Jarsath Wastes to the west. I think even Kunzar Jungle, which is completely landlocked. They've gone around the entire continent to search for what they're looking for.
  10. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

True..i was trying to make a point that it wouldnt be frozen...it'd be more tropical if it stayed...unless it did refreeze heh shouldve worded my post better :p

But yeah they are showing up all over Kunark
  11. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

stupid double posts...
  12. ARCHIVED-Suzail Guest

Gage wrote:
    And why would Velious be terrible? it was one of the best expansions for EQ apart from Kunark. I think Kunark in eq2 is brilliant and is what brought me back to the game after leaving just after Desert of Flames appeard. We have already had a little tiny expansion with TSO we need a nice big one again next and Velious would fit in nicely. Odus was the biggest pile of poop in eq1 did anyone ever go there apart from Erudites when they eventually redid the zone?
  13. ARCHIVED-obikenkenobi Guest

Actually, Odus wasn't bad. By far the best feature of the place was the hole. A lot could be done with the place in EQ2. I have my own theory of how the expansion game is gonna work. If I remember right when they were making the game I read that the game would be designed to go to lvl 100. I'm sure they can go higher with it, but at the time that was what I remember reading. I think its gonna go like this. Velious because its a large continent that can hold more than enough content for ten levels and a ton of aa's. It will have lots of factions, most likely changed from eq1. (personally can't wait to see if the Tower of Frozen Shadow makes into that release :). Then I would expect Odus to be released. This would enable people to max out the AA's before the next big expansion and set up more lore for whatever storylines they want to head into the future with...and my guess is the Gods are going to get more content via updates...So what does that leave us with for lvl 100? A planes of power type expansion. I think if they continue going with revamped eq2 versions of old eq1 zones that this is the way it will go. I could be and probably am wrong, but it makes a lot of sense. After lvl 100 is anyones guess. Of course they could go to the moon and make some crazy lore about how critters from the original moon made it to the other moon. But with the avatars about on norrath and the inclusion of the shard of hate..I'm gonna go with a return to the planes.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Suzail wrote:
    Yes, because everyone knows that if the content sucked and was underused in EQlive, it HAS to stay that way.

Enchanted Lands isn't a newbie zone for the Halflings anymore, nor is the Feerrott for the Ogres. Odus doesn't have to be the same as it was in EQlive, and when they do add it in, it won't be. It contained my favorite looking zones in the entire game, and I found some of it's content pretty nice for mid-level soloing.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Suzail wrote:
    This isn't EQ. This isn't the team that worked on Velious for EQ.
    I'm glad you liked Kunark but the game has really went down hill since then.
    I just don't have faith that the EQ2 team could deliver a Velious expansion that does anything other than disappoint their playerbase. All signs point to them cutting back on development. GUs are farther apart, TSO was tiny for an expansion, etc etc.
    Sure RoK was big but they didn't even finish it with the team they had then, they're finishing it now.
    Odus just seems more inline with the expectations I have for content this team would actually be able to deliver. Its smaller in scope and doesn't have the huge expectations that come with Velious.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zhern Guest

Well with Odus and Velious they could combine both of them on one expansion and tie them together. Maybe the old Paineel faction and Erudin allied and the citizens are seizing Velious for the threee way Eruidites versus Dwarves versus the Giants. You can spin this one any way possible!
  17. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

Zhern wrote:
    ...vs. Dragons =P
  18. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Jhervais@Lucan DLere wrote:
    That's not a dwarf. That's a giant. Judging by its armor, it's an interesting take on the Kromrif. The armor has the same large medallion on the front that the old Kromrif did.
    As for Velious melting...until it's actually in game, it's not a fact. Devs can change their mind any time they want too. Current screenshots of the new GU would seem to allude to this as being the case.
    [IMG]
    Or perhaps this is the Frost Giant? And quite possibly a chelaki or chetari? Looks like a couple velium weapons they've got there.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    It's already written into the base lore of the game that a large portion of the ice melting from Velious was what caused the sea levels to rise in the Shattered Lands. As already pointed out, the continent itself is still largely Rock, with a magic ice-like mineral called Velium, as well as regular ice and snow on the surface.
    The continent will still be there, with or without snow, and the snow itself can refreeze.
  20. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    What is written into the base lore regarding Velious is purely conjecture on the part of the NPCs who "wrote" it. Just like all of those tome quest books and LnL books. Those don't contain hard fact, merely opinion and conjecture on the part of the NPC author. The shadowed men are an example of this. Until something is *in* game, it remains open to speculation and revision. Sometimes it remains open to revision even after it's in game. They liked to do this in EQ1 rather frequently. Perhaps it did "refreeze". But that's lame and, according to 10 year old lore, the ice wasn't naturally occuring to begin with. It would be better, if they were going to have a frozen Velious, just to claim it never really melted after all and initial reports of it melting were incorrect.