Next expansion?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Sarah, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Sarah Guest

Wow, this thread took off... I am just now checking it, lol... I am sure its not on my accord but hey it's cool...

I think Velious will come back along with Odus for the new good aligned city. Nothing wrong with both coming. I am voting for Velious though that would rock.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

I would like to see a new land mass driven to the surface, possibly of an old land or race that had maybe been sunken before EQ-live and raised again now, possibly by a bit of Luclin smashing into the ground.

Maybe a mix of undead of the original race that lived their before and some sort or underwater race that lives their now. Possibly you can pick faction between the two.

I believe that it will be Odus though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

Brailyn@Lucan DLere wrote:
    lol... Brailyn, you really have to go visit the Timorous Deep Docks... do you see that huge land mass... That is a chunk of Luclin that fell.
    Look closely... it already has vegetation and much stuff on it, and it looks to be big enough for an expansion of its own... or at least a nice starting area for a new race.
    Also, With the rending of Norrath, there are tons of possibilities when it comes to new landmasses. Heck, the far seas HQ still has yet to be found... and they have the biggest collection of fleets in all of Norrath, due to their interminable quest for plat. There are many landmasses from old EQLive that have yet to appear in this expansion. And you have to remember... if one landmass sinks into the ocean, another one will have to pop up somewhere. After all, tectonic action forces that. Maybe an underwater civilization that was destroyed when their landmass resurfaced and this new continent got populated by other sentient creatures from other parts of Norrath.
    You also have to remember. The Shadowman oddisey is the last chapter of the invasion saga which is a timeline that started from EQ2's inception. Darathar has been defeated and the lost prismatic egg has been adquired... the doomsday stone has been obtained, and the future of Norrath is a bit more known... and the Void has been pushed back once more, preventing Norraths destruction.
    Now... what is the true meaning of the Doomsday Calendar, and what became of Kerafyrm... for that matter... where the heck has Veeshan been for the past 1,000 years?? She seals away a super powerful prismatic dragon in a small world and then just goes away from a few thousand years? She can't be oblivious to the plight of her dragon brood... why hasn't she interjected and launched an all out war with the other dieties over what they have done on the planet she has "marked". (Does the fact that the continent where she placed her mark on melted mean that this planet is no longer marked for her brood only?)
    There are still many unanswered questions about EQ2 lore, and hopefully the next expansion will start to reveal much more of this.
    For an even more interesting view of the future of development... go check out any planetareum in Norath (I recommend the one in Maj-Dul) and look at the solar system... where you can see Norrath, its 2 moons, the other planets in the solarsystem, and this one particular planet, at the far reaches of the solar system that has a "shield" that is always pointing towards norath, reguardless of where it is in space... interesting no? Or how about the path of that huge comet... if you look at it closely, you will notice that at one point it comes really really close to Norrath... I would even say that it will impact Norrath... Leaves open alot of possibilities doesn't it...
    Happy lore hunting!
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

A comet that comes close to Norrath? Mass Zombie rising event!!
  5. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Freliant wrote:
    When EQ1 seeds of destruction was in beta, i was one of the testers. I might be able to answer the question about veeshan...When entereing the void i talked to a NPC that had broken shackles on his arms (recently freed), who pointed me to the giant floating dead corpse of a dragon floating in the void and he said it was veeshan. I didn't do a lot of research on the story of what happened, or when this took place, but i know there is a lot of time travel involved in that expansion. You even go back to when Qeynos was just a small village and when field of bone wasn't a giant hole full of bones. Veeshan's death could probably have not happened yet (in the EQ2 timeline) for all i know.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Eschia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Seeds of Destruction isn't canon to EQ2, nor is it going to be. It's events happened because Norrath was destroyed by an invading force that doesn't exist in EQ2, and most likely won't in the future anyways.
  7. ARCHIVED-AScarlato Guest

As far as all the Ice-Armor appearance files, this very well could just be armor in a new Miragul's instance. All that armor is frozen and icy as well. And if we're likely to see the Old Erudites in a Miraguls instance, probably just things they drop. So its not necesarily bringing us to Velious.
  8. ARCHIVED-DeBasilisk Guest

Personally, I'm hoping for Odus, that said...

Why is it that no one so far has mentioned the Underfoot? There's a lot of unanswered Ratonga lore out there.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Well, it's been insinuated in the dev chat that there might be a level cap increase next expansion. Fasten your safety belts ladies and gentlemen.
    feldon30:Will anything be done to keep Veeshan's Peak a viable zone in the next expansion? Assuming the level cap is raised to 90, acquiring Mythicals will be incredibly trivial. Has SoE considered scaling the zone to 90 and providing a quested item that dings the player to level 90 similar to the Munzok's item?
    • timetravelling: Yes, actually we do have plans to keep older, low-level content much more relevant! And not just Veeshan's Peak! But I can't tell you what those plans are, yet =D
  10. ARCHIVED-Runelaron Guest

I can tell you that this expansion is going to be crazy.. from some info I heard last Fan fair.
    Though I refuse to distrust any dev... I think I can say that I was told the expansion is planned to be 3 times the size of kunark.
    I can't wait to see it. As for the theme.. it was mentioned to me it will be a place we have seen.. I was never told what location though.
  11. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

I hope its really that big! Would be nice...
  12. ARCHIVED-walaruss Guest

well now after the gu52 preview, the expansion of kunark, it could be possible the new expansion will be somehow connected to kunark (jarsath docks).
  13. ARCHIVED-Caladdar Guest

What ever the expansion will be, pls PLS make a ALL-IN-One Box that is available at the stores.
    And for god's sake PLS advertise it!!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Alujihee@Innovation wrote:
    you mean like the last two expansions? :D
  15. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

So, I just poured through the test patches and wow... thats all I can say...
    Looks like we got some new festivals coming our way... A new City based festival and Tinkerfest! I wonder which one will pass out the bunny hats...

As for the new expansion, all I can say is wow...
    Can you say Erudin? And its a dungeon this time around...
    How about the Shard of Love? <3 <3
    Oh and everyone's favorite Good aligned home town... New Halas!

I have a feeling big things are on the horizon!
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

As much as I REALLY WANT Erollisi Marr back, I don't think it would be fair if we were given the Shard of Love when we never went to the original plane to begin with.
    That said, make it a no combat zone. Just quests and no monsters to kill just to spite the Innoruuk followers who want to kill all the cupids flying around.
  17. ARCHIVED-obikenkenobi Guest

Well, here is my take on the next expansion. Feldon30 posted a screenshot of the invaders from gu52. Here it is if you have not already seen it...[IMG]The next image is of an old eq1 world map, If the map is correct in its placement of the continents, it stands to good reason that they have decided upon a way to put velious into the game.[IMG]
    If this is the case, I'm totally surprised. I had been expecting to see somthing more with Odus. I'm thinking this expansion due to it having a level increase will be as large or almost as large as Kunark. The expansion after this makes more sense to be a continent like Odus due to the sheer lack of landmass on that continent. It would be like a moores sized continent build as an in between level cap continent as they have done in the past will the other expansions. Thats just my thoughts.
  18. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

Well, I can tell you that these models are labelled as being Frost Giants and everyone knows where they hail from... Kael Drakkal. At this point it is rather obvious that Velious is going to be the next expansion... the question is where Erudin and Halas fit in...
  19. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

obikenkenobi wrote:
    TOFS TOFS TOOFS TOFS TOFS TOFS!
  20. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

It's hard to judge scale, but he does kind of look like a coldain. Maybe the lighting is just making him look bluish.