New War runes from x4 rum cellar raid seem off.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Enigma, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Enigma Active Member

\aITEM 1226916083 -368988485:Exceptional Jewel: Alacrity\/a

\aITEM -576988022 1564454250:Exceptional Jewel: Efficacy\/a

\aITEM 659587349 -1236037846:Exceptional Jewel: Marring\/a

So they have different names but they all have the same exact stats and i didn't realize this until the other ones wear disco'd and i spent a decent amount of dkp on this so i hope you guys will offer an exchange if you do plan to change up these new war runes!

They all have 10% CB/35% POT/ 5% DC with the passive effect of Superiority.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I also agree and hope an exchange will be offered.
    Ideally, the ones already looted will be popped off and replaced w/ a pettern
  3. Karagon Active Member

Can they be added to heroic challenge as well?..
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

You guys are missing out on the best part of them. That all three say the same thing.

Sigil of Accuracy 1/8

Best go run off and change all your other adorns to Accuracy adorns if you want that 8 set bonus lol.
  5. Kander Developer

Its a display bug. They are 4 different set bonuses, they just aren't displaying properly. We will make a post soon and post pics of the set bonuses and how they actually work.
  6. Caith Developer

Here is an example of how the Exceptional Jewels will look once the set bonuses aren't being wonky.
    There are 4 different end line set bonuses, distributed among the 11 Exceptional Jewels.

[IMG]

And as an added bonus, after the next hotfix, they will drop in one of three patterns.

[IMG]

p.s. Excuse the imgur links, I don't have access to quick internal hosting at the moment!
    Kryvak likes this.
  7. Vorvon Member

Thanks much for the update, Caith. But will the first effect: "Grants a 5% chance..." apply to spells as well as "offensive Combat Art"?
  8. Caith Developer

No, because the 5% doublecast for spells is on the item itself.
  9. Enigma Active Member

Well can those who looted them already get them packed into a pattern so we can choose?
  10. Enigma Active Member

Would be nice to have an exchange for those who looted these war runes before this hotfix :/
    Iseous likes this.
  11. Caith Developer

If you looted one of the Exceptional jewels before today's hotfix, and you would like it exchanged for the Focus jewel, which has the accuracy set you thought you were receiving, CS can assist you with that.
  12. Iseous Active Member

That would make sense if we looted it before knowing they all weren't supposed to be accuracy sets. But we were told there were display issues. I don't think I would change out my rune, but it seems like it would be fair to at least give the pattern from which your particular rune came out of to get a choice from those rather than a choice between every rune possible. That's how they will be looted now anyway.
    Enigma likes this.
  13. Chillispike Active Member

Is there one optinal for Coercers as well? i'm asking because the reactives don't benefit from the double cast if they got more then 1 trigger allready from AA's.
  14. Daray Well-Known Member

Huh? DC is still perfectly viable (if not favored) for coercers.
  15. Genghes Active Member

I would have rather see 5% flurry instead of sdc for the purple that is used for the sta set adorns
    Malleria likes this.
  16. Thand Well-Known Member

to bad most casters would have to lose 1 Dc over all to get the 8/8 set bonus. Because for some reason the Double cast Shoulder rune they would have to replace is in the Melee Damage set
  17. Chillispike Active Member

Double cast doesn't benefit on hostage, spell curse, Despotic Mind, ether Balance, Peace of Mind. some spells do profit from it, but waaay less compared to other mages => flurry > DC for coercers
  18. Daray Well-Known Member

Or you might just do what I plan to do, which is run the 8/8 damage set. I already run 3 of that set (2x ae auto and dc shoulders), so sacrificing 4xpower adorns for the gain of the 4-8 damage set bonuses seems to be a pretty good tradeoff. This also coming from the perspective of someone that sees value in their spell weapon output.

Sure, that used to be the case, but (particularly) with the addition of unda and blinding shock you may wish to take a second look at potency+sda vs wdb+flurry balance.
    Yoube likes this.
  19. Chillispike Active Member

I could try .. copy to beta server or hehe, need some gear and reforge to swap that, but i have my doubts about it tbh.
    Oh i had Unda, but specced out of it recently, i went for pot, cb, wdb, link instead.
    In the last High Hold Raid my autoattack is 25% of my dps with 1.28mil dps (320k multi, 390k flurry, 330k aoe), so i kinda doubt that SDA and Unda can compensate that :/
    Anyway i saw the suggention for sda a few times, but not a parse to prove it :(
  20. Genghes Active Member

I've seen some 200mil unda hits.... Might wanna test it out /shrug