New summer ethereals

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by knine, May 7, 2017.

1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification, Kander...much appreciated.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Oh man, putting BiS items in group content... where have I seen this before...
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

4. Yards Well-Known Member

This oversimplified weight comparison is incorrect. In your example 1% fervor with 4k cb and 20k pot (if those were the only 2 multipliers used) would = 40cb or 200 pot not both combined. There is no way to oversimplify the weight of fervor because it depends on your current stats as well as how much fervor you currently have.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It required level 100 crafter but doesn't required completion of TS Epic 2.0 (which is what in a sense crafter cloak).
    It other question that completion of Earing of Solstice - Maldura piece - Twark piece take literally no time compare to leveling crafter from 9 to 100
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nah not really ... the more realistic formula that reflect relative weight of fervor and pot in relation to each other more looks like that
    (1+fervor/100)*(1+Pot/100)
    Bear in mind you need use not base pot of item but rather adjusted potency
    let say experts swirling mist belt - base pot ~1,3k but if you ware it with about 20-22points in tithe plus pot correction within AA you net potency gain for such belt more like 2k+
  7. Chimay Active Member

Yes but that has zero relevance regarding getting the BIS cloak. You can craft to level 100, get your epic and stop there without having to do 3 or 4 signature crafting timelines on top of that to add further crafting time sinks for another BIS items, the cloak. This pissed a lot of people off who weren't crafters or on top of that weren't crafters on their main toon.

Now with an ethereal cloak item, you have an option to get an item for adventruring without having to craft so therefore I approve. It was silly to make people craft in the game who hadn't crafted for ten years to get the epic 2.0 and to add further frustration make the BIS cloak item only obtainable by crafting. What's next required decorating?

At this point in the game, DBG should not alienate any parts of their customer base by forcing time sinks that havent been forced for 10 plus years. I also applaud the new items that removes the faction gates for alts, smart move.
  8. Anatha Active Member

Even though I have 9 toons that all craft and am a craftaholic, I agree with you, Chimay. It was not fair to make players craft in order to get their epics or the crafting cloak. So far everyone in my guild has caved in order to get the cloak, but they were not happy about it. Luckily all my toons had finished the epic crafting timeline to be master crafters so I helped a lot with Proof of the Pudding in the last few months! These 2 things (adventuring and tradeskilling) should stay separate so that the hardcore adventurers can do their thing and the hardcore tradeskillers can do their thing.
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

While I agree with first half of your post - that DBG shouldn't force ppl to level crafter to level 100 to get Epic 2.0 - most ppl did got Epic and as part of it level 100 TSer. With sheer time sinks that we are all suffered during getting Epic 2.0 amount of time you need to spend to get you class cloak is truly insignificant
    What are important pieces from previous x-pack that haven't been upgrade is
    fervor belt
    fervor helm
    at some point of Pot mudflation 16 fervor DO overweight 2-2.5K pot that you get from expert swirling mist belt
    It still nothing better than turtle helm (5 fervor)
    So I'd say those 2 items "should be" top on priority list for ethereal event
  10. Ezoo Member

I know several who dislike crafting and have been alienated by the requirement, myself included.
    Kudos to those who like it, but forcing crafting changed the face of the game for me in a negative way.
    I still have not completed it, and I do not have the same appreciation for the game now.
    Livejazz and DoomDrake like this.
  11. Imilla Member

And why not? Is it fair that crafters have to level a 100 adventurer and grind heroic and raid zones to get BIS items for all the other slots? Crafters should be able to make BIS items for all slots, after all where do you think the mobs that drop them get their gear? Someone had to make it. Crafters are the ones who are discriminated against. An adventurer who has mastered both the use of weapons and their manufacture should have a clear advantage. Or so she would in a real world, maybe that's why this is fantasy.
    Rinda likes this.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

To begin with
    TSer never intended to do produce anything BiS - that always been belong to either very long quests or by defeating hardest foe per x-pack
    TSers (from vanilla times) been settle between handcrafted (something that on the level or slightly better that on-land mobs dropping) to master crafted (which been usually on level or slightly better than T1 heroics) and added patch of purified material and experimentation highest TSers ever go was stats closer to T2 heroics.
    Saying that - TSer are NOT require to be level 100 adventure to complete their TSer epic
    To conclude - neither should be enforced upon players - requirement to have level 100 adventure level to get TS epic nor having TS level 100 to get Adventure Epic. Each play style equally valuable
    Rinda likes this.
  13. Moorefallen Active Member

14. learpilot74 Active Member

I get nervous with them offering new ethereals and crazy powerful gear. They haven't figured out how to make any content fit the system they already have. They gave us the orange runes and then complain we kill things too fast.... Hope they fix what we have first before throwing more gas on the fire to be honest.
    Mizgamer62 and Snikkety like this.
  15. Spindle Well-Known Member

And yet forced raiding to complete a story line is totally approved, okay, and the only way to play the game? That development tactic, started very much prior to Daybreak purchasing the franchise from SOE, alienated a huge number of players.

You seriously think a significant number of players have the same appreciation for the game once forced raiding became the norm?

Might be worthwhile for some to go through the archives about 2008-ish and read the whining of raiders about the lack of love they have in game and how Smed & Co. changed a lot of how this game developed. Not entirely the better for the entire player base but for the loudest, whiniest, 3%.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

Raiding has always been required to finish the top quest lines of each expansion, since the day the game was released. The original game had the prismatic quest line, which required a raid to kill Darathar, and the first expansion had the quest line for the godking weapon, killing the godking. KoS had the Claymore...
    Scrappyz likes this.
  17. knine Well-Known Member

And then they throw in the battle ground gear(yes I called it battleground, thy didn't even change the chat to reflect PG lol) that is BIS and gives crazy stats. And here I thought they were reviewing stat inflation.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Wut
  19. learpilot74 Active Member

No one, absolutely no one is forcing you to play in their broken raids.
  20. learpilot74 Active Member

It is actually not best in slot. Many raiders are skipping some of the pieces in preference to their high end raid gear. The white adorns are nice, and yes the orange runes are nice, but some of that gear is redundant for the higher raiders (many are already above fervor cap).