New Stat Caps & Optimizing

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Krizani, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Dedith Well-Known Member

Given many of the soft caps you're referring to are from many expansions ago, it is expected that stats would eventually inflate to soft caps on most gear. You can reforge to potency now (it should be fixed per Caith), which is not capped.
  2. Dedith Well-Known Member

It's not a bad start, but there are too many assumptions (I believe BC is assumed available, conversions ignored, group/raid haste/MA buffs not taken into account, etc) and I'm going to disagree with many of the recommended runes.
  3. Smite Active Member

So I looked through http://eq2library.com/tot-class-optimization/#tank , reglanced over my AA/Prestige one at a time, thought carefully over what I can live with/out when I happen to be in a PUG and only can count on my solo buffs and came up with a different arrangement with maybe 2 pieces of equipment upgraded.

1300 crit chance, 1050 crit bonus, 800 potency, 6K ability mod

- I can't make these any higher without upgrades

20K mitigation, 14K avoidance, 185K resists

-In combat my mitigation jumps to 25K and thanks to Str KoS line it goes up from there under 50% health... Solo I'm sporting ~3M hitpoints which easily knocks on 5M in a group during combat...
    _ _ _

100% Hate Gain: (Different bucket than -Hate% or %Transfers I've been told/read)

100% AOE AT

Flurry 20% & 120% Focused Offensive

Reuse/Cast: 54% & 100% Prepared Defenses

Recovery: Zero... I don't like this either but is 70 crit bonus worth 100% recovery?

Strikethrough: 32% & 118% Experienced Insight... I have't seen/heard the ping-ping-ping on heroic mobs but 100% from gear alone was easier to /ignore variables in zones... Maybe 2200 in crush/slash/pierce is why I don't have issues? Or is this - you want 100% all the time - forget about 30s of boost with AA ability?

http://eq2library.com/tot-class-optimization/#tank says 100% all the time...

Riposte... yeah I tried that adornment set, reforged into it as damage... why do this skill (& adorns) even exist? Were they nerfed because of an exploit and forgotten about? Is it hate procs from class skills that go off that give them value? Ripostes don't happen that often... Even if 100% of parries were Ripostes the damage would be a rounding error with today's inflation...

Accuracy: 5% & 28% Experienced Insight... Again with the potential to actually reach caps through reforging how does one decide "where" the vs zones limit actually is without reverse engineering? Listen for the whiff-whiff-whiff... and notice that it's hard to keep mobs on you since half your reactive hate abilities aren't triggering if you aren't being hit?

http://eq2library.com/tot-class-optimization/#tank says 25% all the time...

~600 DPS
    ~200 Haste
    ~200 MA
    ~80 WDB (combat)

Self sufficiency is necessary for PUGs without pocket bard/chanters/T1xfers even with 100% hate gain it would seem...
    _ _ _

Astral Dominion... check. Bolstered Endurance made sense even though there's all kinds of +24% health scattered in the itemization sets... Utter Annihilation was the way to reach some soft caps solo so that made sense...

Now last year I was running Relentless Conviction for the 6% trigger boost and the 5% physical damage reduction but given the ease of getting in excess of 25K mitigation all of the time in combat and the fact that the % trigger boost is multiplicative and not additive...

How does it displace a square purple aoe/dps/etc. adorn that frees up reforging on the equipment to hit softcaps solo more easily? I guess I'll put it in the bank and when I hit more personal damage caps through equipment I can take off the square sockets and put Relentless Conviction back in at that time?
    _ _ _

Mastercrafted and /beat game equipment are fairly easy to reforge properly but in the middle it can be a bit opaque as to which components are more important: Max Hate gain or Strikethrough or AOE AT etc. unless you're willing to sacrifice crit bonus into those at a tremendous reforge rate unlike potency from those which is trivial.

On the Inq mastercrafted with entry heroic drops alone was enough to /beat EQ2 minus the game of inches played in potency and crit bonus from there... But on the tank there's a few places to get lost down the rabbit hole in the land of reforging in the middle of itemization mainly because there are more variables...
  4. Sevantal Member