New Stat Caps & Optimizing

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Krizani, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Krizani Active Member

I'm wondering if there is a list of optimum stats, like there were in the "Manifesto" that was posted for AoM.
    Things like minimum 500 for dps, for example. I've not geared up in a while and I'd like to know what to shoot for - I'm astonished by the amount of potency and AM that my first character through the Thalumbra timeline has acquired from the quest gear.

TIA!
  2. Smite Active Member

I'm curious about this too although my curiosity is linked to the different expectations Devs had for each of the archetypes when itemization for the classes was handed out.

In the past manifestos of itemization were linked to zones which could be challenging to outline now that people don't die instantly if you don't have equipment tall enough to ride the ride. Infusion deltas seem like rounding errors that can be easily lost in reforging so how would Devs clearly give us what they were thinking?

I don't miss Critical Mitigation nor the Gap between Raid/Solo pre-ToT but it's not necessarily clear what matters in the differences anymore (or yet).

Given http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Cap and http://dragonsarmory.com/ we know where our goals are but other than getting pwned in AoM T2 Heroic during the Advanced Solos and switching to ToT MC and filling in with drops as I do heroics and reforging it is hard to tell what the Devs had in mind "ideally" for each archetype.
    _ _ _
  3. Smite Active Member

What is Ideal?

Here's Two Odd Examples:

1. It was really easy to max out the ToT Inquisitor at the Reforger: (Rounded Values self-buffed non-combat - one heal cast)

1650 crit chance, 800 crit bonus, 1100 potency, 30K ability mod, 16K mitigation, 6K avoidance, 200K resists, || 100%: AOE AT, Flurry, Reuse, Cast, Recovery || , 600 DPS, 400 haste, 200 multi-attack, 85 WDB, and since I had nowhere else to put stuff 70 Strikethrough seems like alot more than 12 potency when group procs are twice that magnitude and can make my position in combat less important...

It's easy to look up the max ability mod I can use (Fanatic's 20K) but since in combat numbers move upwards it's nice to have a cushion. Everything else pegged quite easily and now I'm in a - keep everything else - and move potency/crit bonus upwards goal mindset.

Upgrading purples, diety window, whatever... it is a simple enough long term plan. Now if a disjoint inflationary event hits us in November 2016 it's going to hurt more than usual given that I got to the terminal point in slow motion...

I'd rather have an EQN style system between expansion packs where your delta-boosts (say potency or whatever) decay with lack of activity back to a base value using an interface like the deity window to maintain your -been playing advantage - rather that gut wrenching inflation...

1/2
  4. Smite Active Member

2. In contrast it isn't so obvious what the Devs think I should max out on the ToT Tank at the Reforger: (Rounded Values self-buffed non-combat)

1300 crit chance, 800 crit bonus, 750 potency, 6K ability mod, 20K mitigation, 14K avoidance, 185K resists, || 100%: Hate Gain, AOE AT, Flurry, Reuse, Cast, Recovery, Strikethrough || , 200 DPS, 200 haste, 100 multi-attack, 5 WDB, 5 Accuracy...

I know some main tank is going to come in here and /smack me for pushing up Hate, Strikethrough, Recovery, Reuse, and Cast speed to 100% instead of some intermediate values that net me 100% with a bard or other buffing class that should be in all ideal groups but the ToT itemization and reforging seems so inconsistent.

The Inq can easily have its cake and eat it too. The Tank? Arguably not. Yet.

2/2
    _ _ _
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, I'm able to find out a bit about caps, but I'm still not completely sure where my conjy's various stats should really be invested. I'm experimenting: I go to the reforge and Restore everything, /camp to myself, then open Dragons Armory and start figuring out what I have too much of, and what there's too little of, and see if I can reforge to address these things. I make a few changes, then /camp to myself again, then refresh the Dragons Armory page and see where I am.

The basics:
    • Crit Bonus now has a hard cap of 3000. Crit Bonus is increased by every 12 points of Potency
    • Ability Modifier increases abilities by up to 50% of their max damage, threat, ward, or healing value.
    • Hate Modifier has a hard cap of -50. Dunno about on the plus side.
    • DPS Mod has a soft cap of 600.
    • Haste (Attack Speed) has a soft cap of 200. Over that, the stat adds to Flurry on a diminishing returns curve. Every dang bit of equipment in ToT seems to be loaded with Attack Speed, so keep an eye on this stat and reforge it to something more useful if needed.
    • Flurry Chance affects the chance of hitting multiple times on a physical attack.
    • Casting Speed affects the casting speed of combat arts and spells. Having over the soft cap of 100 will add to Spell Doublecast on a diminishing returns curve.
    • Accuracy adds to the contested formula (weapons skills and level vs. defense skills and level) to hit a monster. This is not used against the target's parry, dodge, shield block, or deflection. There is no cap for this stat. No matter the value, it will continue adding to the contested formula.
    • Multi Attack Chance affects the number of weapon swings per physical attack. It has a soft cap of 200.
    • AE Autoattack Chance is the chance for physical attacks to hit multiple monsters. It has a hard cap of 100.
    • Weapon Damage Bonus is the bonus damage applied to Melee and Ranged Weapons (any non-Spell Weapons). It has a hard cap of 300.
    • Spell Weapon Damage Bonus is the bonus damage applied to Spell Weapons (i.e., wands). It has a hard cap of 300.
    • Ability Reuse Speed affects the cooldown timer of combat arts, spells, and abilities. This timer cannot drop below half of its original value. It has a hard cap of 100. In raid or groups, a lot of buffs will increase this value, so check how high it goes in raid: you can probably reforge some of it into something more useful.
    • Recovery Speed affects the time between using a combat art or spell and using another. It has a hard cap of 100. In raid or groups, a lot of buffs will increase this value, so check how high it goes in raid: you can probably reforge some of it into something more useful.
    • Block is the uncontested chance for blocking a physical attack. It has a hard cap of 70.
    • Extra Dodge Chance is an uncontested chance to dodge an incoming hit. It has a hard cap of 5. The cap for this stat is only calculated from items. Adornments and abilities do not count against the cap.
    • Extra Parry Chance is an uncontested chance to parry an incoming hit. It has a hard cap of 5. The cap for this stat is only calculated from items. Adornments and abilities do not count against the cap.
    • Extra Riposte Chance is an uncontested chance to riposte an incoming hit. It has a hard cap of 12. The cap for this stat is only calculated from items. Adornments and abilities do not count against the cap.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Are you sure about spell cast speed? - I think soft cap 200 and only above that you start getting bonus in SDA
    What about Spell reuse time? - items with this really hard to come. Ability reuse - I may be mistaken but I think to get 50% you need 200 in reuse
  7. Tyman Active Member

Cast speed has a hard cap of 100 and then converts to doublecast. Spell reuse doesn't exist anymore just ability reuse.. 100% is cap and any above is a complete wasre.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Dedith Well-Known Member

Just come clarifications...

Conversions are different per class and based upon which side of the prestige page you spec'd. Otherwise, 3k cap on CB is correct.
    50% for single target spells, 33% for AE/Encounter spells. And the in game tooltips show damage w/ Ability Modifier already added.

Plus side cap is 100.

This is the quote for Uncontested Block stat (you can see this in your Avoidance tooltip in game), not Block chance. Block Chance modifies the uncontested block. Most plate tanks would need over 150-200 block chance to get uncontested block up to 70%. Brawlers cap uncontested block at 75%.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  9. Dedith Well-Known Member

What tyman and sig have said, 100 in casting speed and reuse speed is all you need. If you want doublecast, go overcap on casting speed. And yes, spell reuse speed is no more. It may still be on some old items, but it's no longer itemized in future content.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

With all the potency building up in groups now excess reforging points will do best in ability modifier.

Reforge while using temporary adornment such as "magnitude of malice or the new version of it.

Consider bards buffing. 30%ish recovery speed for example.
    Accuracy don't seem important anymore for some reason, atleast not in heroic content. I reforged my 30%Accuracy into AB mod on my sin as a test and I gained dps from it. I didn't compare hitrates tho but the difference will most likely minimum.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Flurry and AEauto have a hard cap of 100
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

13. Regolas Well-Known Member

I'm finding even my tanks are reaching soft caps in most things, which is great.

All the other classes have way over 600 dps mod (600-1200 roughly), plus 100AE auto, 200+MA, 200+ attack speed, 30k+ AB mod and even 50-100 flurry.

I'm just waiting on potency reforging to be fixed as I have no stats really to gain.
  14. Sudedor Well-Known Member

You have a very strange view on what is "great". Reaching caps on "most things" at this point in an expansion should not qualify as great. In fact, it should qualify as extremely poor itemization.

Itemization is, and will remain, in very bad shape until DBG realizes that what made itemization interesting in the first place was choices and sacrifice. As itemization has morphed over the years it's gotten progressively more simple. Now, the only thing you have to know is "moar number iz gud".
    Laiina and Smite like this.
  15. Laiina Well-Known Member

Ability Mod: I did quite a bit of searching around, and came up with 3 definite answers from various sources:

1. Ability Mod adds 50% to the lowest range of the spell or CA.
    2. Ability Mod adds 50% of the average damage range.
    3. Ability Mod adds 50% to the max damage.

So which is correct?
    [edit] NM - it states on the tooltip for AM that it is the max.
  16. Lemilla Active Member

Actually, it's all 3.

Say, without ability modifier an ability does 1000 to 2500 damage. If you add 1000 ability modifier, that ability will then do 1500 to 3500 damage.
    The minimum damage is increased by your AB mod (1000) or 50% of the minimum damage 50% * 1000), whichever is lower: so +500
    The average damage is increased by your AB mod (1000) or 50% of the average damage 50% * 1750), whichever is lower: so +875*
    The maximum damage is increased by your AB mod (1000) or 50% of the maximum damage 50% * 2500), whichever is lower: so +1000

The maximum amount of AB mod that can affect that ability is 50% of the maximum damage, or in this case 1250.

*) the mean damage increase is more complicated, and results in using 831 ab mod
    Laiina likes this.
  17. Raveen Active Member

I have been using this site for ToT end game stats its really nice and breaks it down by class. It also has Relic items listed.
    http://eq2library.com/tot-class-optimization/

It will show you the stats you need for all tiers of game play from solo, Heroic and the 3 raid tiers.
    It also has a very nice section of what adorns and war runes you should be using. It only focuses on ToT so you don't have to go through tons of old content.
    Jaden likes this.
  18. Krizani Active Member

Thanks for all your thoughtful replies - and that EQ2 Library site is great! It was immediately bookmarked :)
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

By great I mean that as a tank, having to sacrifice key stats in order to have other key stats was a PITA in previous xpacs. It's nice to now have 600 dps and 100AE for example.

I agree itemization isn't great, but for me that's more to do with risk vs reward at different tiers than the fact all soft caps can now easily be achieved.
  20. Laiina Well-Known Member

From what I see, AM can give at a max 50% of your highest damage for that spell or CA. However, it cannot give you more than 50% (or 33% for Blues) of the actual spell damage when cast, which can vary.

So if a spell can do 100-1000 damage, max useful AM would be 500. But if the spell hits in one particular shot for 200, the most it can add is 100, for a total of 300. So in effect it is capped at 50% of the damage on that particular cast, no matter how high your actual AM is?
    Mermut likes this.