New Reckless Stance 3/14/2014 Test/Beta notes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Silzin, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

I think the nerf was mainly cause of self healing recklass berserkers. What they realy nede to do is make tanks Offensive stance worth using.
    GabenBison and Avianna like this.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agreed. Offensive stances are not very good.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah... O-Stances are such an unbelievable mess right now. Most of them are nigh worthless in terms of damage boost. At least Defense Stance is clearly a defense stance again.
  4. ruthless619 Member

Boost O-stances and remove recklessness.....
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I would so love to see it, but I doubt it. Fighters are a huge mess right now, a mostly balanced mess but it's a web of sticky nasty stuff that is a chore to untangle. Trying to even contemplate how to fairly treat reckless versus scouts is giving me a headache and I normally am pretty level about trying to theorycraft.
  6. Clevemo Active Member

Have the Dev(s) fixed the portion of Recklessness that if you put your avoidance buff on a player and you avoid for them, you get knocked out of the stance? This unintended side effect makes it so that the Weapon Damage bonus added to the avoidance from the Draconic Aggressor line, farthest to the right, basically useless.
  7. Clevemo Active Member

Monk's Evade ability ...
  8. Clevemo Active Member

The whole stance suspension when a mob targets you is completely dumb in my opinion because it really doesn't allow the player to react i.e. use a positional de-threat etc, instead you're knocked out of a stance when the situation may not have been your fault and you may not even been hit just targeted, for example, occasional mob memwipe.

Perhaps the whole negative hate gain, unable to generate threat positionals combined with occasional negative threat positional proc will give recklessness players the freedom to DPS to full potential.

In my opinion the 10% damage threshold may have fixed the bug with the avoidance buff on another player knocking the recklessness tank out of the stance.
  9. Karagon Active Member

Add +25% of base critchance on recklessness, add +50 Weapon damage bonus on it. Then this stnace would make sence. For now - it's better to take in raid any other non healer class, than any tank in reckless (except SK's for AE envounters like Mutagenic)

Nowadays tanks in recklessness parse worser than illusionists, and also tanks buff nothing...
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, many tanks DO have buffs.
  11. Karagon Active Member

All that buffs are either almost zero now, either very very temporary. No one would take tank in recklessnees in raid now, or after this fix, until their DPS in recklessness would become MORE than chanters/bards and equal to brigands/swashes. And this can be achieved only by boosting the DPS with something huge - like i mentioned above. Not with useless potency that for example give me not more than 10-15% extra dps when i get +500 of it.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've never seen anybody take a tank in reckless as dps anyway. It tends to get used for the tanks that are needed for some fights but not all, rather then swapping people in and out for various fights.
    Regolas likes this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

That's because a Reckless Tank is really only supposed to be used for the 3rd and 4th Tanks between encounters or on encounters they are not required for to save swap time.

The issue is Tanks don't bring enough other utilities and Reckless doesn't do reasonable DPS to make it worthwhile to bring them over a Bard/Enchanter or even another T2 DPS like Summoners and Rouges. Most guilds will just raid, then Call of Veteran in the 4th tank when they are needed rather than raid them.

Reckless is a mess, Tanks and their abilities are a mess. The only way to fix it will be to sit down and redo far too much. So, what can be done to resolve the issue as much as possible without rebuilding from ground up?
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed all around.
    Having reckless drop when a mob swings at you seems excessive though (even ignoring solo/duo/molo content) because of melee AEs. The ideas people have suggested of 10% damage or 'if you get aggro' seem reasonable to me. They've got gear that only works if you're in a group with 2 or less, so, presumably, it may be possible make reckless work in a similar fashion to let tanks solo/duo/molo in reckless.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Still the wrong ability to address the problem. I'm still in favor of removing it and fixing stances for ALL fighters.
    Silzin, Malleria and Avianna like this.
  16. Sunje Active Member

Ok after using some adorns and other hategain thingys i'm now on +25% hategain... this change makes nothing, tanks are tanking with reckless as they do before!
  17. GabenBison Active Member

I tank the easy zones like Nexus, Highkeep, PCD, and Hives on reckless as a Zerk and yes all those mobs do barely anything at all.

That said, no I am not happy about this. This makes Reckless an utterly useless stance outside of steamrolling AS and Labs when the raid is not doing ToV.
  18. Silzin Active Member

Tanks can not tank with Reckless since the Buff that is Reckless and all of its Benefits drops as soon as a mob looks at the tank.
  19. Reshi Member

I think this is bad change for me right now. Last night reckless was dropping for me all the item in solo instances or when I was doing quests. Some bosses were taking twice as long to kill due to the drop in DPS. Can we get this to work for solo/molo please?

I understand they don't want tanks to be in reckless in groups or raids but there are other ways to do that?
  20. Sunje Active Member

@Silzin

It works perfect with all gear on, belive me :D we have test it.

I can repeat it, please SOE delete this stupid stance, thats all.