New Player Quest About Familars

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Elzebeth, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Elzebeth New Member

I'm New I have tried a couple classes seeing which i might like best and hoping for a pet to drop in the process but I cant seem to get any I am having no luck in the starter zone finding them
    is it possible to get them as drops even after a monster's name is grey?
    I just made a ranger this morning but haven't tried her yet
    any advice on how to get one ?
    Thanks In Advance
  2. Evilnok Active Member

are you talking about the familiar daily from Steward Aelin? if so...there is a list of which mobs to use the clicky on and where to find them
  3. Urex New Member

Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Elzebeth New Member

oh i thought they dropped from monsters at random ok i'll try to find the steward aelin then thanks for the link too :) thank you both very much
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Some monsters do drop familiars, but those are separate from the daily quest. They do seem to require you to be in the level range. They are very infrequent in most cases though.
  6. Elzebeth New Member

thanks for the information Finora i'll start doing the daily quests :)
  7. Urex New Member

Just in case it happens to you, sometimes even when the quest should be there after the reset period, the NPC just says 'hi - come back later' or something to that effect. If you go away for about 10 minutes then come back the quest will usually be there. It's a bug. I get it once a week on one character but not on others. Hopefully this tidbit helps to avoid a but of the frustration I had initially :)
    Lucus, Rosyposy and Finora like this.
  8. Dimdau Active Member

I have done the daily quests and actually I never got a familiar neither form a monster or from a quest...
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Then you have obviously never done the familiars wild quest. You are guarenteed a season 3 familiar crate each time you complete it and it can be completed once each day.

As for the drops from monsters, its not common from most of them and the ones that are common are low level and they can't be gray to you when you are killing them to have a familiar drop.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes the Familiars Wild is available in both South Qeynos and South Freeport, when you complete that quest you get the cage you used to do the quest, the familiar that comes out of the cage is a random Season 3 Familiar.

The only other thing about the daily familiar quest is you can use grey mobs but you have to aggro any mob to use the cage on it, use a taunt, a root, a stun, a mesmerize, anything that will aggro them so you can capture them without killing them.
    Rosyposy, Sigrdrifa and Finora like this.
  11. Dimdau Active Member

How do i get that quest? I'm currently lvl 77, but I go and do it if it gives me the familiar
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

13. Evilnok Active Member

you can find Steward Aelin near a tree in North Qeynos, just before the trade-skill/bank area
  14. Evilnok Active Member

not true,atleasts not for the flying serpents/simians/kitties/birds...I found all 4 of those updates in PoM so no need to mentor down if your lvl 110 so just order pet/merc to back off mode when tagging the mobs for clicky use
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

What wasn't true?

You can use gray mobs and you do have to have aggro on the mob before you can use the cage to update the quest. You don't have to mentor and you do have to use something that doesn't outright kill them.
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Greatmoles in PoM also work for the Rodent cage.
  17. redindus Active Member

Would like to get me a bat to follow me around, just like to roleplay out my vampire. Unfort I couldn't find a poly wand to turn my pet into one.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Steward Aelin is in South Qeynos, down the slope from the T2 guild halls under the tree, the stables with the cows is right across from her.

In South Freeport its Steward Krez I believe or something close to that, he is right up next to the building with the bank, broker, etc, near the bell you zone in to, go through the building from the zone in location and he is right there.
  19. Evilnok Active Member

the gray mobs,not all of em have to be gray to be trapped via the clicky like the ones I have mentioned if your a high level to stay alive in PoM to aggro most by flying right into em
  20. NyteRose Member

My account has up to AoM expac only, can I do these quests? I think I may be able to, one of my toons had a familiar drop from a mob in Nek Forest. It was an ugly bug-looking thing, some kind of hopper I think.
    Evilnok likes this.