New Marketplace Items: The Freeblood Vampire Race & Accessories

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-sorwen Guest

Sinaya@Oasis wrote:
    Something I didn't even think about is the stat impact. I wanted to change my Fury when I got Freeblood for free, but I didn't think about the fact I would be loosing Wisdom as well. Half the time I forget that spell damage isn't off Int any more. Sadly I think I don't really have a use for Freeblood.
  2. ARCHIVED-Oxlar Guest

I'm starting to really not like the direction SOE is going with this game. Maybe its time to ready myself for Rifts.
  3. ARCHIVED-sorwen Guest

Looks like I get to quit when tOR comes out if not sooner.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bosconi Guest

Sinaya@Oasis wrote:
    Katz wrote:
    Yeaaah the Bloodletter racial trait NEEDS to be nerfed it's actually procing 38% heals.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Emblazer wrote:
    Testing's over with. Testing was putting it in with "fluff only," slowly adding more "convenience" items. Launching the free server showed they get better money from the cash shop than the subs. Now they're adding things we were promised would never be on the live server marketplace.
    I've no doubt that in time they're going to convert live to a full marketplace including mc armor and such, same as on freeq. They're just doing it slowly to try and double milk the players for everything they can. Why get us to pay either subscriptions or cash-per-item when they can get both?
    We are numbers, nothing more. And the people who will pay $20 now for something they'd get free in 6 weeks prove pretty distinctly that the numbers generated by the cash shop are higher.
    Honestly, I can't even be outraged anymore. Just resigned and vaguely sickened. I still enjoy the game, but with the possible exception of Domino I've given up the idea that anyone official on this game gives a damn about the player base, the community standards, or the company integrity.
    At least with freeq we go in knowing they're after every red penny they can get from us. On live they're going to keep pushing the line of what's acceptable, giving us promises and then breaking them without so much as admitting that first promise was ever made.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Live servers should never have to buy a race (or anything extra). I will wait for it to unlock free on my accounts.
    Also, am I to understand once you pay the SC to unlock it, you unlock more Freeblood related items you have to buy?
  7. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

sorwen wrote:
    I hope this is not the case because I'm currently changing my sub type from station pass to normal on the only account of my 3 that had SP. My sub ends next week and it was confirmed on the support forums that is the only way to change sub type, let it run out and re start it. I found that annoying.
    Rewards text: "Requires an active paying subscription in good standing on December 14, 2010"
    That reads to me that as long as you don't let your account lapse on Dec 13 and re start it Dec 15 you are ok. I'm going to raise hell if changing my sub during this time affected my rewards. Many people are doing so right now since it is far more economical to buy character slots (esp. when you buy SC at half off or if you got them on sale that day) than waste money every month for the extra slots if that is the only reason you had SP.
    SOE: you need to ask a few players to read your press releases and posts about new things before you post them because every single one raises tons of obvious questions to us that should have been answered with it and to find out the answer we have to later wade through 20 pages of replies.
  8. ARCHIVED-sorwen Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    You have to take it with a grain of salt because it didn't come directly from SOE. 3 people have posted they had issues. One gave their daughter and friend subscriptions that gave them free time and the other two used time cards. All said when they talked to SOE they were told SOL.